Wayne Rooney interview

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
There isn't much correlation between being an elite manager and an elite player so no particular reason to think this will ever happen for him except through misplaced sentiment. Still you never know.

He would need to go and apprentice with Pep or someone first, not piss about at Derby.

CloneMC16

Rooney asking his parents to tell Sir Alex to feck off at 14 sounds like typical Rooney :lol:

Rashford will also never be our top scorer. He's nowhere near clinical enough to score that many goals. Even if he got back on form, it's never happening.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Some good takes but they definitely boozed him up for that interview or it was an 'unofficial' interview they've taken verbatim due to the amount of f-bombs
From what I can gather it was a posh dinner with an interview conducted on the stage, not sure who by.

Here's what you got:

Wouldn't be surprised if he was pissed up. There were cheaper options too where you didn't get the signed shirt, photo opportunity or free drink and in worse seats with later arrival times.

At least it wasn't your standard footballer/ex-footballer interview, sounds like he provided some value there!

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Some of these quotes...

I freely admit I thought Rooney was a moron (in general) and washed-up at the end of his tenure with us.

But at least he gets it. Doesn't mean he should ever be our manager but I'd love someone with the qualifications and that attitude as our head football figure.

Strootman's Finger

I hope he is never United manager, and this interview is just one of many reasons he isn't fit for the job.

Interval

Level
Man says what he sees. He says what all of us see. Hope he manages us after achieving shit tonnes. Goes on to win leagues and UCLs for us and then top it off by being red carded for sliding into the ref for a bad calll. Players drag him off saying you’re a manager now sir. Can’t do that.

youmeletsfly

Drunk or not, he called spade a spade, props to him. A lot of people these days are beating around the bush and hiding their true opinions on stuff.

Spark

I actually think he could be quite good. He's definitely gotten off on the right start, doing admirably with Derby.

Hopefully he continues to smash it and has another 5/10 years of learning the craft and getting a style, nice and primed for the United job.

RVN1991

I like that he goes on and admits he's not ready for the job yet, tells me he is willing to work through the lower leagues and earn his chance to manage the club, unlike our other legend who seemingly wanted the job given to him without proving himself first. By all accounts he's doing quite well at Derby, and even though people label him as dumb he was actually a very cerebral/ smart footballer. Hope it works out for him.

Seven Seas Sardines

I actually think he could be quite good. He's definitely gotten off on the right start, doing admirably with Derby.

Hopefully he continues to smash it and has another 5/10 years of learning the craft and getting a style, nice and primed for the United job.
Ten Hag to revolutionise United until 2030 when Rooney takes over after being the assistant for three years.. :keano:

Stadjer

Hopefully this will never happen. One ex-legend as a manager was enough for me.
Ole failed in the championship, Rooney is doing an amazing job. If Rooney keeps building on his career as a manager and having succes than why shouldnt he be an option as a ex player?

el3mel

Ole failed in the championship, Rooney is doing an amazing job. If Rooney keeps building on his career as a manager and having succes than why shouldnt he be an option as a ex player?
He doesn't have the charisma nor the personality to be United manager, and I doubt he'll have the right football style as well. He was already an awful captain. No thanks. Just because he's an ex-United legend who got into management, it doesn't mean he should be considered for the job at any time in the future, be it recent or remote.

Bobade

He doesn't have the charisma nor the personality to be United manager, and I doubt he'll have the right football style as well. He was already an awful captain. No thanks. Just because he's an ex-United legend who got into management, it doesn't mean he should be considered for the job at any time in the future, be it recent or remote.
Of course he should, in the same way any other candidate should.If he wants the job, and keeps Derby up and performs admirably at his next club, why not? The problem would be if he was given the job now, not later after proving himself a top manager. Unlikely that will happen but if it does, I would love to see him here.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This is why I can't hate Tevez.

Rooney and Tevez were my favourite partnership ever. Ronaldo beside them was a bonus. That quote doesn't surprise me at all because their chemistry was evident on the pitch in and out of possession.

I love Berbatov, and still think we should've signed him, but I don't think he should've automatically took Tevez's spot in the 1st team. Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo had too good of a partnership, and our intensity as a team dropped due to that swap.

el3mel

Of course he should, in the same way any other candidate should.If he wants the job, and keeps Derby up and performs admirably at his next club, why not? The problem would be if he was given the job now, not later after proving himself a top manager. Unlikely that will happen but if it does, I would love to see him here.
Nah, there will always be better candidates for the Man United job than Wayne Rooney, even in remote future. I have no doubt about that.

Hughie77

Brilliant, Rooney as UTD manager who knows maybe in a few years or so. Tevez quote great .

Strootman's Finger

Because it clouds our judgement when we need to sack said manager. Rooney played on for 4/5 years after he wasn't good enough to cut it at United and we were too afraid to call it out and our football and success suffered because of it. Why would it be any different when he was manager?