Wayne Rooney | Sacked as Birmingham City Manager

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Extremely creditable draw with West Brom last night, Derby really are surprising people so far this season.
They look a robust and solid outfit, they may struggle however as the season wears on due to a paper thin squad, but so far so good.
Rooney is silencing the doubters.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ouch, it will be one hell of a task to keep them up.
He’ll need to get around 20 points more than last season to keep them up, equivalent of getting them to around 10th this season. Big ask to get that squad above the relegation zone let alone above mid table. They’re paper thin so realistically I think they’re going to be relegated by the end of February and it won’t be any sort of reflection of how well he’s managed them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Needs to find another club before they take his reputation down with them.

meamth

Shows the mentality of the man, he wants to succeed in the most unlikeliest situation.

Why even bother managing Derby now? He can just go do something else and still make a lot of money.

AaronRedDevil

At least he can't be blamed for this If it all goes bad. so it's not a blight on his manager career. Heard he's doing a decent job of a bad situation.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Im seeing this differently. His professionalism and reputation is really shining through here. He's leading the team in a extremely hard period for the club. If I'm Wayne I'm sticking in this until the bitter end, or until a "too good to give up" offer comes.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Im seeing this differently. His professionalism and reputation is really shining through here. He's leading the team in a extremely hard period for the club. If I'm Wayne I'm sticking in this until the bitter end, or until a "too good to give up" offer comes.
Yep with regards to footballing performance he’s in a bit of a no lose situation. What’s important is how he carries himself and the squad and so far he’s doing a fantastic job.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
21 point deduction is unreal, I know it's for separate issues but that's got to be the biggest hit in one go ever?

As one or two others have said, Rooney's clear professional focus on managing the football team has been good to see, and whatever the end result is he won't be judged on his stint at Derby when they get relegated.

I see a few passing comments in regards to last season being poor, but I'm pretty sure the mismanagement of the club (probably including Rooney's wages as a player) and the £2m they paid to Richard Keogh rather than on players and their wages over the last couple of years had an impact!

Luke1995

I have a question for Everton fans (but anyone can answer it, really)

How would you rate Rooney's Everton career ? (2002-03, 2003-04 and 2017-18)

Is he an everton legend given that he is possibly the best player their academy has produced, or does the lack of titles/continuity count against it ?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Just 1 loss in the last 7 and that was an injury time winner while playing with 10 men.

Derby fans have gone from wanting him sacked to being worried by reports that Newcastle are eying him up!

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Just 1 loss in the last 7 and that was an injury time winner while playing with 10 men.

Derby fans have gone from wanting him sacked to being worried by reports that Newcastle are eying him up!
Sounds like our next "interim" manager.

Great to hear he's doing well. Impressive given the circumstances.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It would be very impressive if he managed to keep them in the Championship considering the points deduction.

RetroStu

:lol: why has this thread been bumped?.
Having said that, i'd take Rooney over Ole in a heartbeat. Then again i'm at the point where i'd take Mike fecking Basset over Ole.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
No more club legends, even as caretakers. In fact I'd rather see us appoint a former Liverpool player - that way he'll be under pressure from day 1 and will need to justify his position with results on the pitch.

izec

No thanks, we will give him 3 years. Lets save him and us the future embarrassments.

Let him work his way up and if he deserves it, great. But for now, he is a rookie.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Looks like the shoe might be on the other foot.

Josh 76

No more club legends, even as caretakers. In fact I'd rather see us appoint a former Liverpool player - that way he'll be under pressure from day 1 and will need to justify his position with results on the pitch.
Brendan Rodgers ?