Wayne Rooney, The Midfield General? Mourinho Says No.

What should we do with Rooney ?

• Keep him as a starting XI player

Votes: 23 6.7%
  • Sell him

Votes: 221 64.8%
  • Keep him as a squad player

Votes: 97 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Not many players have done well under Moyes and LvG, including proven great players such as RvP, Di Maria, Nani, Bastian, and a host of others. Lets wait and see what happens over the next few months.
There has been a lot of shite performances granted, but come on. How would you explain Rooney's god awful first touch and inability to control a football? Is that down to the manager?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Mourinho hopefully is not weak and will deal with Rooney if he doesn't work.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Mourinho hopefully is not weak and will deal with Rooney if he doesn't work.
As a big Rooney supporter, I agree. I think Rooney has the whole month of August to prove himself (due to his past reputation).

If he still can't perform well it should be the bench for him. I have confidence in Rooney though. I just think LVG setup hindered him a lot.

Sultan

There has been a lot of shite performances granted, but come on. How would you explain Rooney's god awful first touch and inability to control a football? Is that down to the manager?
No. Players biggest asset along with quality is confidence. The team, club, and fans had lost faith all round.

mu4c_20le

@Sultan the Rooney issue has been present even before Fergie retired, thats why he moved him to the left and dropped him deeper and deeper into midfield. I could be completely off the mark but I think having kids and a family changed him. I still think he will do well under Jose though, but he's a completely different player now and he's only 30.

Sultan

@Sultan the Rooney issue has been present even before Fergie retired, thats why he moved him to the left and dropped him deeper and deeper into midfield. I could be completely off the mark but I think having kids and a family changed him. I still think he will do well under Jose though, but he's a completely different player now and he's only 30.
That's been my opinion. I've said this here on many occasions. He's lost that hunger and aggression since having kids and other priorities in life. You don't lose ability.

Dobbs

Not many players have done well under Moyes and LvG, including proven great players such as RvP, Di Maria, Nani, Bastian, and a host of others. Lets wait and see what happens over the next few months.
Seems odd to disregard a full three years of football but to then judge him on the next few months.

That's been my opinion. I've said this here on many occasions. He's lost that hunger and aggression since having kids and other priorities in life. You don't lose ability.
A players ability is tied to his physical attributes. So with ageing you absolutely do lose ability.

Rooney's played about the same number of games that most footballers retire at.

beergod

It's such a fecking annoying situation. On the one hand we have our new superstar striker, our wonder kid left forward, new right attacking midfielder and super star box to box midfielder. All of whom would excel in a 4-3-3.

Then we have this absolute turd of a potato who can only play as a support striker. A positon that all the other players don't benefit from which forces us to play 4-2-3-1 or similar and changes the roles of everyone else. The sooner he's on the bench and out of the side the better.
Potato :lol:

Rada

Rooney have been playing under 4 different managers before Mourinho and with all 4 he was bad even though he almost played every position possible. Yet somehow people think it's the manager that's the problem or his position.

The same story continues.