Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
:houllier: I wouldn't think for a second, see ya Jesse.
Fair enough :lol:

He might be a good 5+ years over the hill, but at least he had a hill.

Last edited:

Jonno

I would strangely enjoy this.

He's lost more ability than most of our squad currently possess put together, absolute true legend for this club and I'd have him here till he retires even though he's championship quality.

It's frightening that 3-4 years ago I wanted Rooney to move on because he wasn't a top level player anymore, but now I could literally see him walk in the squad ahead of some.

kidbob

Don't want him back but the Rooney we all wanted sold is a better player than almost anyone who currently plays for us and that's a scary thought. As bad as he became he could still change a game or produce the odd me moment of magic.

Any doubts then watch the goals he scored or assisted from that period and hardly any players currently here would be capable of some of the things he did.

I actually miss the days when he was considered one of our biggest problems. God we have fallen so far so fast.

Devil81

Honestly if it were a situation where it was no one or a last minute punt on Wayne's experience then I think I'd be tempted to give him a go.

We don't seem to have much else in terms of attacking options in our youth set up and he would bring a different attitude to a young squad.

Pathetic really that I'd even consider it but we're at desperation stage for experience and numbers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would be even sillier than when Liverpool re-signed Fowler.

lsd

The Oracle
He doesn't play as a forward anymore though .

Then again if we do sign him I'd give him the no 9 so Martial can feck off

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Watch him tonight (if you have BT Sport), could be in the Derby team that play at my home town Northampton in the FA Cup.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He doesn't play as a forward anymore though .

Then again if we do sign him I'd give him the no 9 so Martial can feck off
Good call, getting rid of our top players is definitely the best route forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.