WC All Stars Chain Draft - It has begun!

Indnyc

@crappycraperson the final for the Pre Premier League draft is tomorrow. Is it possible to get the drafting order to so we can plan/research accordingly?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Bump. I was thinking that instead of having a random pick order we can do a blind bid for the positions in the draft. The bids to be in the form of breaks you want to have and restrictions.

Breaks - 0 to 3.
Winners allowed in team - 5 to 7
Maximum players from one continent - 5 to 7.

So every one will PM me their "bid" to get the first place in the draft in the following form -

Breaks - 2, Winners in team - 6, Maximum players from one continent - 7

Essentially the best bid to get the first place is one with the lowest sum of 3 numbers, that is one with the least breaks and heavier restrictions (lesser numbers of winners and players from one continent allowed). If there is a tie in the sum then we randomise.

All bids will be final which means whatever you choose will be your restricitions throughout the draft. (Breaks only relevant for initial drafting)

(I will PM my bid to someone neutral first and he can relay the same on the thread as a proof when everyone has submitted)

idmanager

Getting more complex by the day.

Something simpler like only one player allowed per WC edition in any picking order you want (non chain basically) might make life easier.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
i like that is complex tbh, the tougher the better IMO
and tbh it really isnt that difficult, the pool is huge and the restrictions are pretty much irrelevant as even without them most teams would fall under those limits.

crappycraperson

Scout
i like that is complex tbh, the tougher the better IMO
and tbh it really isnt that difficult, the pool is huge and the restrictions are pretty much irrelevant as even without them most teams would fall under those limits.
Not quite the case. Polaroid had similar restrictions the last time and it was not that simple to form your team. The one player per WC bit is on top of these and would complicate it a bit more. Chain stuff too.

crappycraperson

Scout
Getting more complex by the day.

Something simpler like only one player allowed per WC edition in any picking order you want (non chain basically) might make life easier.
:lol: This is not final, I won't do it if people don't want it. By the way no new restrictions are being added. I am just using previous ones for this system. It is a one time thing where you place your bid, that's about it

Šjor Bepo

Not quite the case. Polaroid had similar restrictions the last time and it was not that simple to form your team. The one player per WC bit is on top of these and would complicate it a bit more. Chain stuff too.
chain stuff makes it difficult, but i like it that way :)

Šjor Bepo

crappy you decide, no point on waiting everyone to respond and in fairness most of us are up for anything so what ever you decide most of the groovy gang will be fine with it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I would. It is on my list. Loop would depend on if folks agree on the above system.

For continent - the issue is only with Russia and Turkey ..right?
Probably, can't think of another country. There is also USSR/current countries issue. For example Ukraine in today's status is only an European country but as a part of the USSR it's Europe and Asia

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I would've gone with a randomiser but I'm okay with the nominations idea

Moby

Dick
Bump. I was thinking that instead of having a random pick order we can do a blind bid for the positions in the draft. The bids to be in the form of breaks you want to have and restrictions.

Breaks - 0 to 3.
Winners allowed in team - 5 to 7
Maximum players from one continent - 5 to 7.

So every one will PM me their "bid" to get the first place in the draft in the following form -

Breaks - 2, Winners in team - 6, Maximum players from one continent - 7

Essentially the best bid to get the first place is one with the lowest sum of 3 numbers, that is one with the least breaks and heavier restrictions (lesser numbers of winners and players from one continent allowed). If there is a tie in the sum then we randomise.

All bids will be final which means whatever you choose will be your restricitions throughout the draft. (Breaks only relevant for initial drafting)

(I will PM my bid to someone neutral first and he can relay the same on the thread as a proof when everyone has submitted)
Getting tedious...

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Crappy idea is tactically very interesting. Lots of difficult choices for the manager. Perhaps it's just that most want to start drafting immediately, that works against it. If we had that idea couple of days befibe, I'm sure it's work well.

Indnyc

Crappy idea is tactically very interesting. Lots of difficult choices for the manager. Perhaps it's just that most want to start drafting immediately, that works against it. If we had that idea couple of days befibe, I'm sure it's work well.
Yeah.. It can still work though.. If most people are ok with it, we should just pm a neutral.

Oaencha

I would prefer a randomiser but will go with the majority.

Regarding the blind bids. Seeing as it will be worked out by the lowest total of numbers there’s a fair chance multiple people will have the same total. Then we’re just going to end up having to randomise some of them anyway.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Id say randomizer but if we go with bids lets sort that out soon

crappycraperson

Scout
Bloody hell.. some of you are grumpy lot. So many vanilla drafts go on here year around, no harm in giving something new a try.

Let's try this new system. I will send every one who is participating a PM for their bid. Will send my own PM to @KM

crappycraperson

Scout
@harms

Loops are allowed that is 2014 to 1930 won't count as a break and similary 1930 to 2014 would not.

Continent wise - Russia and USSR count as part of Europe, as does Turkey.

Oaencha

Bloody hell.. some of you are grumpy lot. So many vanilla drafts go on here year around, no harm in giving something new a try.

Let's try this new system. I will send every one who is participating a PM for their bid. Will send my own PM to @KM
I fully appreciate you’re trying to change things up and I think that’s great. I just don’t want things to be changed just because they can and rather that they add something to the draft.

I’ve no problem with giving it a go but just have a feeling that the short number parameters are going to mean there will be a randomiser anyway.

crappycraperson

Scout
Position Bidding

Essentially everyone is bidding for the first place.

Following restrictions are in play for bids

• Breaks - 0 to 3.
  • Winners allowed in team - 5 to 7
  • Maximum players from one continent - 5 to 7.

Breaks - 2
Winners in team - 6
Maximum players from one continent - 7
Everyone has to submit a bid.

Evaluation process -
  • The best bid to get the first place is one with the lowest sum of 3 numbers, that is one with the least breaks and heavier restrictions (lesser numbers of winners and players from one continent allowed).
  • If there is a tie in the sum then it will be resolved as follows
    • Manager who bid lower breaks would win
    • If number of breaks are same then the manager who bed less number of players from one continent would win
    • If even that is same then we would randomise amongst the managers involved.

(I am scrapping 13th round as a result of this process. Rules updated in OP)

crappycraperson

Scout
I fully appreciate you’re trying to change things up and I think that’s great. I just don’t want things to be changed just because they can and rather that they add something to the draft.

I’ve no problem with giving it a go but just have a feeling that the short number parameters are going to mean there will be a randomiser anyway.
Let's see. Even if that is the case nothing is actually changing in normal drafting process. This is a one and done thing.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I've no idea what's happening here but happy to take the "bids".