WC FINAL: Netherlands vs Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8_utd

:'(
The best team won for the game, the dutch were negative, dirty, and acted like primadonnas through the game, Robben especially.
And the Spanish gallantly tried to stay on their feet for the entire 120 mins and never asked for cards.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
100% correct. Its unbearable reading some the shite being spouted since the WC started.

I mentioned about Ronaldo earlier in this thread. He was the biggest diver of them all, yet we loved him
Ronaldo got plenty of stick for his diving, the match we've just watched was a horrendous advert for the game, it was 120 minutes of dirty fouls and diving with card waving mixed in throughout.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Has there ever been such a bunch of disgusting cnuts to have won the World Cup?

I'm surprised they managed to win the game without resorting to their usual diving and play acting, so hats off to them for that.

manufanatic

"crazy"
feck off will you, stop justifying it

Go check the forum. Countless threads of us criticizing, abusing, ridiculing our players that dive, moan and cheat. We crucified Nani after that ploy vs West Ham, Ronaldo after god know how many dives, Rooney after his dive against Tottenham.

And Iniesta cheated countless times this game, not just that incident. Yes he played well but that does not cover it up.

How did a game for men become so feminine?
preach it brother

RapidRed

not a pretty final for a neutral. Gotta say the more talented team won. Even on the day, they were a bit better and they tried more to win.

They did dive, cheat, and all that, but pretty much every team in the world cup has done that.

I don't think you can argue with their quality... so congratulations to them.

Now, please, can we get back to real football?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Has there ever been such a bunch of disgusting cnuts to have won the World Cup?

I'm surprised they managed to win the game without resorting to their usual diving and play acting, so hats off to them for that.
I thought Argentina in 78 were worse

Nucks

RT History Department
Uh, I'm not pro-Spain or anything, but that's absolute nonsense.
Pretty sure they had higher possession. Had the better chances. They had Spain on the back foot. Spain had a couple chances but they were clearly not the better side in the first 90.

I mean, I have 10's across the board for them on the 1m springboard, so maybe they did.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Congratulations to Spain. Well-deserved over the course of the match, tournament and for their dominance of international football during the last few years.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Fair fecks to Webb, that was a horrendous match to officiate.

Myxomatosis

United fan? My arse. WUM masquerades
Pretty sure they had higher possession. Had the better chances. They had Spain on the back foot. Spain had a couple chances but they were clearly not the better side in the first 90.

I mean, I have 10's across the board for them on the 1m springboard, so maybe they did.
Villa, Fabregas and Ramos all had clear cut chances, as did Iniesta who took his chance.

How anyone can watch that and want Holland to have won I've no idea. Thankfully football and not wrestling won.

RapidRed

Spain's current team is probably the only hyped "Golden Generation" to have actually lived up to their billing in recent years.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
After all is said and done, Holland were extremely lucky to have 11 men on the field at half time. That kick in the chest was a straight red and no complaints, and Van Bommell or whatever his name is could just as easily have gone too.

It could quite possibly been all over by the half time whistle, but they had a stay of execution.

Kelvin

I can't tell you how many times i've heard these commentators say the line "Andres Iniesta - the player who Wayne Rooney considers the best in the world" this world cup. ******* annoying.

manufanatic

"crazy"
Webb, blind as always also missed a clear deflection just a minute before the goal when it should have been a corner to the Dutch.
this. I thought webb had a decent first half and its hard to really blame him when the players started diving to get other players sent off but how he didnt see that deflection its really unbelievable

Nucks

RT History Department
except for that Iniesta dive, thought Webb did well.
Missed the attempted flying elbow by Iniesta I think.

Missed Puyols impeding Robben and then giving Robben a yellow for complaining.

Missed a flying ninja kick.

Gave a yellow card based on play acting when the replay CLEARLY showed he had turned away from the play before contact was even made. I believe it was Iniesta flopping again and rolling around like he just stepped on a bouncing betty.

He was horrific.

Cina

Spain had 60% possession and 8 shots on target. The Dutch had 5 shots on target. Basically, you're talking nonsense, Spain were the better team the whole way through. All the Dutch dad (bar Robben) was tackle the shit out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.