WC FINAL: Netherlands vs Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhoop

I went into the game wanting the Dutch to win it and ended up shouting for Spain. Way too much negativity and dirty play - as far as I see it they deserved nowt from the game. I'm no big Alonso fan but trying to separate his ribcage with a set of boot studs was fairly symptomatic of the Dutch attitude. A pity but there it is.

Bread

Feel sorry for Webb, very very hard game to ref and sadly the one decision he got very very wrong was what lead to the winning goal

Claymore

I get this notion that if it were England winning it would be a great World Cup and worthy champions.
Wondered how long it would be for the "if that were England" to be wheeled out. How about if that were the Yanks.......

Iniesta looks like a Spanish Donovan. Take that however you will.

Iniesta is 100 times better than Donavon will ever be, a better diver and is even quicker at balding. :lol:

Zen

puyol holding robben and pulling him down was identical, and despite robben diving like he does, he didn't then and he didnt even get a free-kick. iniesta gets heitinga sent off. yeah, well done.
And he will live to regret not going down the rest of his life, I give him credit for not going down, I have always liked Robben, think he gets too much shit as well, but the one time he had a legit reason to go down, he doesn't, shame because I would of preferred Holland to win.

And they're all cheating cnuts for doing it.
Well yeah I guess, but it's part of the game, it's not cheating if the laws aren't disciplining people for it, when they backed down on Eduardo, they were basically accepting it as a part of the game, as a fan, you either live with it or you can watch a different sport, because 98% of games will have some form of it. It's a shame though I agree.

no we are talking about the very next time he went down with no one touching him trying to get another dutch player carded. Clearly you believe that selling should be part of this game but most of us want someone to stand up when they are being touched on the shoulder and try to score like robben did (and i cant fecking believe i am saying that about that twat)

its a disgrace but they wont fecking care they are the world champions ffs how many games did they play in this tournemant that they got someone sent off under suspicous circumstances
I don't want selling to be a part of the game, but after about 10 years of it being a part of the game, I am past getting pissed off about it, everyone does it, and most do it alot worse than Iniesta did, Busquets sold a simple kick to his leg 10x worse within the first 20 seconds, yet Iniesta will be the one taking the flak from the haters. The guy was getting kicked all over the game, some clearly malicious shit on him from the Dutch.

Donkey's Ears

How the feck anyone can like this Spanish team is beyond me. They dive from the first minute, demand cards for every offence, and are just about the least likeable winners I've seen. It was a corner first of all, then Elia was clearly blocked (and even more clearly given Webb was given fouls for the slightest touch on a Spanish player) and they Heitinga (sp) should never have been off. Awful awful champions.

Nucks

RT History Department
Spain had 60% possession and 8 shots on target. The Dutch had 5 shots on target. Basically, you're talking nonsense, Spain were the better team the whole way through. All the Dutch dad (bar Robben) was tackle the shit out of them.
I would be shocked if that possession statistic is from the first 90.

Spain had almost ALL of the ball in the final 30, but in the first the Netherlands had the better chances, looked more dangerous and certainly had their fair share of the ball even if slightly out possessed.

Cina

I would be shocked if that possession statistic is from the first 90.

Spain had almost ALL of the ball in the final 30, but in the first the Netherlands had the better chances, looked more dangerous and certainly had their fair share of the ball even if slightly out possessed.
No it's not, Spain had 64% in the first 90, actually.

Get some facts before you talk shite.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Well yeah I guess, but it's part of the game, it's not cheating if the laws aren't disciplining people for it, when they backed down on Eduardo, they were basically accepting it as a part of the game, as a fan, you either live with it or you can watch a different sport, because 98% of games will have some form of it. It's a shame though I agree.
Fair enough but I reserve my right to criticize the players for doing it. I'm not absolving the players of guilt based on the failures of the governing bodies to deal with it.

We've had this discussion many times. That's all I have to say for now.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Wondered how long it would be for the "if that were England" to be wheeled out. How about if that were the Yanks.......

For starters, I wasn't the one saying it was a shit WC, it was an English fan, most likely with a bitterness towards Spain, or any other quality footballing nation. And why does it matter if the Yanks were there? Most would still be saying it was shit because England or Brazil or Germany or insert nation of choice were not in the final.

That Green howler and second place finish really stings. I pity you. I really do.

Iniesta is 100 times better than Donavon will ever be, a better diver and is even quicker at balding. :lol:
Oh geez, atypical of you. I was comparing looks, not performance. :yawn:

manufanatic

"crazy"
proud footballers though from spain i noted that not one of them sang there country's national anthem. Clearly there is more to it then that but wtf.

wr8_utd

:'(
Villa, Fabregas and Ramos all had clear cut chances, as did Iniesta who took his chance.

How anyone can watch that and want Holland to have won I've no idea. Thankfully football and not wrestling won.
I rather a "wrestling team" than a team that consists the mercurial diving talents of Spain win it. Iniesta was a class act today. I've never seen as much diving and rolling around in a single game, ever.

Iniesta clearly >>> Ronaldo.

manufanatic

"crazy"
well as others have said club football cant come back to soon. lots of thrills for me in this world cup but eventually the team that cheats the most won. Yes they are brilliant but until they stop that shite (like they did against germany so fair play to them) they will be a stain on the game.

wr8_utd

I went into the game wanting the Dutch to win it and ended up shouting for Spain. Way too much negativity and dirty play - as far as I see it they deserved nowt from the game. I'm no big Alonso fan but trying to separate his ribcage with a set of boot studs was fairly symptomatic of the Dutch attitude. A pity but there it is.
If your a United fan I hope you felt the same way when Evans kung fu kicked Drogba.

Nucks

RT History Department
No it's not, Spain had 64% in the first 90, actually.

Get some facts before you talk shite.
I guess this is a case of Spain being so shit in the first half, spraying terrible shots that everything the Netherlands did looked fantastic by comparison.

Regardless of the possession stat, Netherlands were the superior team in the first 90. How you can think Spain were the better side is beyond me in that period. The game SHOULD have ended in the first 90 as well.

Spain won this world cup on incompetant officiating.

Silva scored two game winning goals that were blatantly offside.

Robben was cheated out of a penalty and Puyols should have been sent off.

Spain were cynical, diving, cheats the entire game. Every touch they flopped like they were in need of immediate triage. Every touch they asked for cards. The Netherlands played a robust game. Anyone who actually LIKES the way Spain played clearly doesn't understand the sport, they clearly don't understand the impact that a cheating culture some teams bring to the game has.

By comparison today, the Dutch looked like choir boys.

Claymore

Oh geez, atypical of you. I was comparing looks, not performance. :yawn:

And I was comparing BOTH mate!!!!

Whatever we say about two teams who weren't anywhere near the final, bias or anything else, end of the day it was a one, two, three for Europe in the world cup. No north or south American teams near it. :D

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Right thats it, ive officially had enough of the shite being spouted by Alan Hansen, why the feck dont you shut your gob and go and buy yourself a 12" Spanish styled dildo and suck it off to your hearts content you fecking slimey twat! condoning the Spanish diving and cheating and claiming them to be great examples to world football is fecking shocking after that display of potent cheating and you should be ashamed.

I wouldn’t put it past him to willingly bend over and suck the jizz out of del bosuqes wrinkly semen holder hes so bloody delighted Spain won.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
I guess this is a case of Spain being so shit in the first half, spraying terrible shots that everything the Netherlands did looked fantastic by comparison.

Regardless of the possession stat, Netherlands were the superior team in the first 90. How you can think Spain were the better side is beyond me in that period. The game SHOULD have ended in the first 90 as well.

Spain won this world cup on incompetant officiating.

Silva scored two game winning goals that were blatantly offside.

Robben was cheated out of a penalty and Puyols should have been sent off.

Spain were cynical, diving, cheats the entire game. Every touch they flopped like they were in need of immediate triage. Every touch they asked for cards. The Netherlands played a robust game. Anyone who actually LIKES the way Spain played clearly doesn't understand the sport, they clearly don't understand the impact that a cheating culture some teams bring to the game has.

By comparison today, the Dutch looked like choir boys.
Okay

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
proud footballers though from spain i noted that not one of them sang there country's national anthem. Clearly there is more to it then that but wtf.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic but just in case ....
there aren't any words to the Spanish national anthem

They had a crack at writing some a couple of years back, but problems (like Castellano / Catalan / Euskara variants being demanded) led to them being dropped again.

Anyway the rockets have been launched.
Spain is having a party - don't ring anyone here before lunch tomorrow (better still leave it until Tuesday)

Cina

That ending montage from BBC was probably the best thing at the WC.

Claymore

Right thats it, ive officially had enough of the shite being spouted by Alan Hansen, why the feck dont you shut your gob and go and buy yourself a 12" Spanish styled dildo and suck it off to your hearts content you fecking slimey twat! condoning the Spanish diving and cheating and claiming them to be great examples to world football is fecking shocking after that display of potent cheating and you should be ashamed.

I wouldn’t put it past him to willingly bend over and suck the jizz out of del bosuqes wrinkly semen holder hes so bloody delighted Spain won.

I know what you mean mate, watching them is very cringe worthy. Holland were fouling a lot but Spain were very unsporting with the faking and card waving but they never mentioned it. Its all about how dirty Holland were.

Spain are the best football side on the ball we know that but they do lack cutting edge in the final third at times and this game was no different. Still feel the best chance fell to Robben and he blew it.

Chabon

That ending montage from BBC was probably the best thing at the WC.
It was last time as well, they're great at them, it made me forgive the corporation for those dozy cnuts in the studio slagging off Diego.

AttackingFlair

A lot of bitter cnuts, talk about the Spanish diving all you want, De Jong should've been off for kicking Alonso in the chest.

B Cantona

Desperate
A lot of bitter cnuts, talk about the Spanish diving all you want, De Jong should've been off for kicking Alonso in the chest.
Why is it bitter? Both sides were disgraceful. All tournament really

And I think we should talk about the Spanish diving a lot, because they do it a lot. It's not just the diving, it's the whole package. The imaginary card waving, the crowding the ref even if they win a decision, the feigning, the over egging... just hideous to watch

wr8_utd

Iniesta should not even have been on the pitch when he scored actually.

He should have recieved a yellow in the first half when he was rolling around and then got up and shoved van Bommel.
And that disgraceful dive to get Wiel cautioned should have been a yellow as well.

celia

So was it a good goal ?

I don't understand the tv commentaries I listened to. They said there was one off-side when a spanish tried to pass (and a dutch bloked) but it was ok just after with the pass that led to the goal... I was under the impression that once there's an off-side, it should have been signalled and it doesn't matter if after the striker was on-side... since the action should have been stopped before.

Status
Not open for further replies.