Match 64: FIFA World Cup Finals; The Final

11 July 2010 @ 20:30 (19:30 GMT)

Referee: Howard Webb (England)

Johannesburg - Soccer City Stadium

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
wonder who the Octopus will go for?

UPDATE:

Paul the Octopus has decided that SPAIN will win the world cup.

May as well all go home.

Seriously, is there any point even them all playing this game?

Myxomatosis

United fan? My arse. WUM masquerades
Want Spain to win, they've not been amazing this tournament but they're a fantastic side, easilly the best Spanish side ever and on paper at least the best side in the tournament. Would much rather see them win it than a mediocre and workmanlike Dutch side.

Kaos

Won't be watching this, the thought of either Kuyt, Van Bommel, Robben, Busquets, Torres, Puyol lifting the cup makes me sick.

Sonny1972

i knew i was nuts when the squirrels started stari
Want Spain to win, they've not been amazing this tournament but they're a fantastic side, easilly the best Spanish side ever and on paper at least the best side in the tournament. Would much rather see them win it than a mediocre and workmanlike Dutch side.

a mediocre and workmanlike Dutch side ??? Last time Holland lost a game is almost 2 year ago. Its not England ..lol

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Great, I hate both teams in the final.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
The matchup of the game: Van Bommel vs Busquets.
-the uncardable vs the diver extraordinaire!

Supports
Barcelona
The octopus got all Germany results right, but not all the tournament's results I think

Myxomatosis

United fan? My arse. WUM masquerades
a mediocre and workmanlike Dutch side ??? Last time Holland lost a game is almost 2 year ago. Its not England ..lol
They're a good side no doubt. But compared with Cruyff's Holland, Van Basten's Holland or even the Holland that played in the 3-3 with the Czech Republic, they're pretty dull.

I guess we're used to it now after 3-4 years or so but people forget this Spanish team probably keep the ball better than any other side in history.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Spain will easily win the WC and deservedly so.At least I hope so, I prefer to see the likes of Xavi,Pique and Villa to be crowned champs as opposed to Robben, Van Bommel and Boulahrouz

Supports
Barcelona
By the way, I just heard that Netherlands and Spain never met whether in the euros or the world cup.. Is that correct?

shaydun

I never thought I'd say this, but I want Van Bommel to hack, kick and slash his way to a WC win.

Spain are monotonous to watch IMO. It's effective but not very pretty.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Err, Spain are better than us. No chance. They keep the ball so well that their defence are allowed to be crap, since you won't have the ball enough to create chances!

We'd have a chance against Germany. Not spain.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Van Bommel vs Busquets will be the highlight of this game. :(

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I want Holland to win 4-0, Sneijder to score the 4th and final goal from 30 yards then whilst celebrating to reveal an under shirt reading :

IM JOINING MANCHESTER UNITED AFTER THIS!

Why cant you predict that you fecking shit octopus!
:lol:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
The midfield battles gonna be epic. De Jong and Van Bommel snapping at the heels of Alonso and Xavi, and Busquets trying to keep Sneijder quiet.

Robben could give Capdevilla a torrid time but similarly Pedro/Iniesta/Villa could give the dutch fullbacks the runaround.

Tough job predicting this one. Spain will certainly start favourites but Holland have enough matchwinners to win this one.

I'll be praying for a Holland win and a Sneijder goal to secure the golden boot and a move to United. (Well, we can all dream!)

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
The midfield battles gonna be epic. De Jong and Van Bommel snapping at the heels of Alonso and Xavi, and Busquets trying to keep Sneijder quiet.

Robben could give Capdevilla a torrid time but similarly Pedro/Iniesta/Villa could give the dutch fullbacks the runaround.

Tough job predicting this one. Spain will certainly start favourites but Holland have enough matchwinners to win this one.

I'll be praying for a Holland win and a Sneijder goal to secure the golden boot and a move to United. (Well, we can all dream!)

Indeed, in the red corner we have a cnut by the name of Busquets, a diving cheating little arsewipe who id take no small amount of pleasure in slapping repeatedly with a wet fish.

In the Orange corner we have the uber cnut by the name of Mark Van Bommel, maybe just maybe the most dislikable character since Hitler who deserves nothing but the scorn of satan just for that shoddy looking hair cut alone.

Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.