We’ll win the Champions League this season

PoTMS

Even in that terribly negative hypothetical situation..

We’d need to win at home to Young Boys and away to Villarreal to go through, which you’d back us to do.
You'd back us to beat Villarreal away? You're a braver man than me.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
This group should of been a piece of cake, it starting to look the cake has nails in it.

Mike Smalling

I think we will be in the Europa again unfortunately.
I am not a betting man, but I am considering putting money on this. It would just fit this Ole side perfectly. Get serial CL winners in Ronaldo and Varane - fail to qualify for the knock-out stage.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You'd back us to beat Villarreal away? You're a braver man than me.
Seems as though people have already forgotten how the Europa final went. We already had better players than Villarreal then, and Emery still got the better of Ole. Add in away in Spain in a cauldron atmosphere too? Goes against all sense.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
United 12/1 to win the Cl and I think that’s pretty generous. Absolutely no chance with this manager

eire-red

We have enough quality to really knuckle down and win the remaining 5 games, or definitely out of 5, and maybe draw one of the away games.

It's a test of mentality for these guys. I think we'll be really dangerous in the knock-out stages (if we get there).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Seems as though people have already forgotten how the Europa final went. We already had better players than Villarreal then, and Emery still got the better of Ole. Add in away in Spain in a cauldron atmosphere too? Goes against all sense.
So we're a worse team than Villarreal now?

Siorac

We aren't but every single game we ever played against Villarreal ended in a draw. Literally all of them. At this point it has to be a curse or something - but I'm certainly not confident of a win against them.

izec

We have better players, but Emery makes them a better team compared to Ole and us. They are punching above their weight, while you dont know what you get with us. Better teams on paper dont win the games automatically.

Uniquim

Obviously we're just getting through our quota of losses early on in the competition, so we can go through the knockout stages without losing. :wenger:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Is that what I said? Having a better team is not conclusive under Ole. Villarreal have a better manager than us. That always gives them the platform to outmaneavre us. Then if you look back we've historically always struggled away in Spain anyway, and it doesn't look pretty.

Jaxa

I don't think I can mentally handle another year in Europa, i mean it was bleak last season but to be in that competition this year with Varane, Ronaldo, Pogba and Bruno this season would be a disaster.

I'll be honest if Ole cannot get us past the group stages in this group he needs to walk away from this team.

Dominos

Even in that terribly negative hypothetical situation..

We’d need to win at home to Young Boys and away to Villarreal to go through, which you’d back us to do.
People never learn. Fans on here were backing us to smash Leipzig away last season because we beat them 5-0 at home, Leipzig were apparently too naive for our counters. And they thought we'd dispose of PSG easily at home since we beat them away. And they couldn't conceive that we'd lose the europa final to villareal.

3 years in to current regime and we're nowhere near the stage where we can expect routine wins over any team, not even Istanbul, not even young boys.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I don't think I can mentally handle another year in Europa, i mean it was bleak last season but to be in that competition this year with Varane, Ronaldo, Pogba and Bruno this season would be a disaster.

I'll be honest if Ole cannot get us past the group stages in this group he needs to walk away from this team.
Think that's what I feel now too - if we can't qualify he has to go and hopefully the next manager can salvage the league challenge.

He's done a good repair job but he's not up to it tactically and he can take most of the coaching staff with him when he goes because let's be honest it will happen sooner rather than later.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Is that what I said? Having a better team is not conclusive under Ole. Villarreal have a better manager than us. That always gives them the platform to outmaneavre us. Then if you look back we've historically always struggled away in Spain anyway, and it doesn't look pretty.
For intents and purposes a manager is part of a team, so yes. Thankfully, they're not going to be able to take us to penalties in a group game. Historically, Villarreal has never beaten us in Spain either, and Spanish teams are nearly as good as they used to be. So no, it doesn't go against all sense.

shaky

We’ve lost one game, played mostly with 10 men on a plastic pitch. Simmer down guys!
Indeed. A freak result and suddenly everyone has a meltdown. Liverpool won the CL a couple years back despite losing 3 of their 6 group games. Some folk really need to relax.

Olecurls99

I'd be more confident against Juventus or Barca tbh. Hate playing those shithouses.
We'll beat them home and away. We're due some wins against this jammy lot. We'll get a win against Atalanta and get revenge on young boys. 12 points and the cribbing will be for nothing

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We’ve lost one game, played mostly with 10 men on a plastic pitch. Simmer down guys!
It was the second half in game management and the fact it was the easiest away game on paper that makes me be very apprehensive about our chances. Villareal we always struggle against and Atalanta are a very good side with bags of goals. Both away games will be very difficult and probably gonna need to win one of those now with all the home games. Would absolutely love to be made out to be wrong but very unsure after that result.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It was the second half in game management and the fact it was the easiest away game on paper that makes me be very apprehensive about our chances. Villareal we always struggle against and Atalanta are a very good side with bags of goals. Both away games will be very difficult and probably gonna need to win one of those now with all the home games. Would absolutely love to be made out to be wrong but very unsure after that result.
Don’t get me wrong I understand all that, and why that might be the mindset but we really should see how we’re going after 3 games before we start making sweeping statements like ‘Europa again’ . The team is much improved from last year, and they are learning to play together. It should gel and come good. I don’t realistically expect us to win the competition this season, but I think we can get out of this group, and then it’s just up to the draw and luck on the night as to how far we go.

SATA

I think there are realistically 5 teams better than us but with abit of luck in cup competitions, who knows? And we have Ronaldo if we can navigate through the group and into the knockouts

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We will be lucky to get out of the group.

We won’t win in Atalanta & we won’t win at Villarreal. We should, but they are high pressure European away days. Ole will crumble & play for draws.

it’s absolutely imperative that we win our 3 home games.

If I was a betting man based on Ole’s track record in Europe

Villarreal H (draw)
Atalanta A (loss)
Atalanta H (win)
Young Boys H (win)
Villarreal A (draw or loss, depending on the circumstances)

that leaves us with 7 or 8 points. If Atalanta & Villarreal do the double over Young Boys, I think it’s the Europa for us again, and surely Ole sacked.

SATA

We won’t win in Atalanta & we won’t win at Villarreal. We should, but they are high pressure European away days. Ole will crumble & play for draws.

Even 3 home games with 9 points may not be enough to go through but calm down, we don't need to win both games at Atalanta and Villarreal. One win and a draw will do, or a draw and 3 home wins will do

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
People never learn. Fans on here were backing us to smash Leipzig away last season because we beat them 5-0 at home, Leipzig were apparently too naive for our counters. And they thought we'd dispose of PSG easily at home since we beat them away. And they couldn't conceive that we'd lose the europa final to villareal.

3 years in to current regime and we're nowhere near the stage where we can expect routine wins over any team, not even Istanbul, not even young boys.
So we're to predict losses in every game, right?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think we'll win it. We've got the squad that can go on a good run in cup comps.
Yeah I agree on the team. The spirit also seems better than at any other point post Fergie. We just need to get back to being harder to play against. I had some money on us at 8/1 and I’ll have some more at 10/1. I don’t think we will actually win it but I still think that price is great value for what we actually have. In reality we are one of the most stacked squads in the world and we are being written off far too early. 10/1 for a team with Ronaldo Varane and Bruno is a crazy price.

shaky

If I was a betting man based on Ole’s track record in Europe

Villarreal H (draw)
Atalanta A (loss)
Atalanta H (win)
Young Boys H (win)
Villarreal A (draw or loss, depending on the circumstances)

that leaves us with 7 or 8 points. If Atalanta & Villarreal do the double over Young Boys, I think it’s the Europa for us again, and surely Ole sacked.
We will get at least 13 points and win the group comfortably. Would have been more if it wasn't for a silly red card.