We’ll win the Champions League this season

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Feels inevitable like Spain in 2010 after that loss to Switzerland, doesn't?
No it does not.

InfiniteBoredom

Indeed. We have nearly £300m worth of bought talent in our midfield. I think it’s pretty clear the problem is the coaching.
It's a bit of both, we are poorly coached with the available quality at our disposal, but it's also the case that despite spunking an obscene amount of money on midfielders over the years, we have yet to find another metronomic passer like Scholes/Carrick who is capable of controlling the tempo of the game. Pogba was that great hope but it's evident by now that his first instinct is to go for the flashy play and he doesnt have the discipline to keep it simple week in week out.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We will get at least 13 points and win the group comfortably. Would have been more if it wasn't for a silly red card.
Hope this ages like a fine wine. Wish I had had that belief instilled in me.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
You’re extremely naive if you expect a manager with 7 losses in 11 CL games to get 3 wins & a draw against 2 teams miles better than the dross we lost to last night.
Is Ole playing these matches all by himself? Is the PL so bad that it is so much easier to win a game vs City, Pool, Chelsea og Spurs there? Is there different kinds of football?

Or maybe you and a lot of other short-memory people just jump on the Olehate-wagon every time there is a bump in the road.

It is not other people being naive. It is them being optimistic and you and others being negative to the bone. Like football is about negativity and hate, and not supporting and cheering the team. You are not looking forward to the good mooments, you are obviously looking forward to the bad ones.

Diabovermelho

Atalanta suits us, so it's not absurd if we win both games against them. Also, we are beating Young boys at Old Trafford. It's the games against Villarreal that i'm not sure, but if we manage 2 draws against them, we are good. So, in the end, i think those 10-12 points Ole is talking about are entirely possible, and that may be enough to win the group.

MichaelRed

Is Ole playing these matches all by himself? Is the PL so bad that it is so much easier to win a game vs City, Pool, Chelsea og Spurs there? Is there different kinds of football?

Or maybe you and a lot of other short-memory people just jump on the Olehate-wagon every time there is a bump in the road.

It is not other people being naive. It is them being optimistic and you and others being negative to the bone. Like football is about negativity and hate, and not supporting and cheering the team. You are not looking forward to the good mooments, you are obviously looking forward to the bad ones.
Or maybe he isn't blind to our shortcomings? We don't even win against the big teams you've just listed. Last season we had 6 losses, 6 draws & 3 wins against Spurs, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Leicester but you want to claim Ole beats the big teams? Get a clue bud. He won 3 in 15 games against the big teams last season. Got us dumped out of the CL group stage, bottled the final & won nothing. You say bump in the road like Ole's absolute disasterclasses are one off occurances but this is the bumpiest road I've seen in my life. If I had a drink in my hand at the start of this road it sure as hell has been thrown all over me by now. Last night was the final nail for a lot of people, myself included, I can't lie to myself that it'll get better any more. Even a 13 year old that has spent 10 minutes on a football sim would know to keep your players on the pitch that keep it simple and keep possession last night but instead he decides to overload the defence and give up total control for 60 minutes. Then the clown takes off Fred and moves Lingard back to CDM for the final 6 minutes and people can get on Lingard's back all they want but who's the doughnut that decided now is the time to test him out at DM? Calling last night inept from Ole would be being too kind but I don't think words exist to describe just how bad he handled that game from start to finish. We weren't even the better side before the red card ffs.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You’re extremely naive if you expect a manager with 7 losses in 11 CL games to get 3 wins & a draw against 2 teams miles better than the dross we lost to last night.
I made a post somewhere else detailing the issue with the pitch we were playing on. The larger point is that we were very comfortable until AWB got thrown out.

Try being a bit optimistic sometime instead of this doom and gloom. I suppose you're setting yourself up for being either proven right, or happy that we win, either way you win. Nice coping mechanism.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Or maybe he isn't blind to our shortcomings? We don't even win against the big teams you've just listed. Last season we had 6 losses, 6 draws & 3 wins against Spurs, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Leicester but you want to claim Ole beats the big teams? Get a clue bud. He won 3 in 15 games against the big teams last season. Got us dumped out of the CL group stage, bottled the final & won nothing. You say bump in the road like Ole's absolute disasterclasses are one off occurances but this is the bumpiest road I've seen in my life. If I had a drink in my hand at the start of this road it sure as hell has been thrown all over me by now. Last night was the final nail for a lot of people, myself included, I can't lie to myself that it'll get better any more. Even a 13 year old that has spent 10 minutes on a football sim would know to keep your players on the pitch that keep it simple and keep possession last night but instead he decides to overload the defence and give up total control for 60 minutes. Then the clown takes off Fred and moves Lingard back to CDM for the final 6 minutes and people can get on Lingard's back all they want but who's the doughnut that decided now is the time to test him out at DM? Calling last night inept from Ole would be being too kind but I don't think words exist to describe just how bad he handled that game from start to finish. We weren't even the better side before the red card ffs.

I can tell that you're liking the way we're progressing. It's just that.. the bolded, is a lie. Don't go on the internet and lie in anger.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Noa Lang should really be called up for Oranje. He looks like such a massive twat though.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I made a post somewhere else detailing the issue with the pitch we were playing on. The larger point is that we were very comfortable until AWB got thrown out.

Try being a bit optimistic sometime instead of this doom and gloom. I suppose you're setting yourself up for being either proven right, or happy that we win, either way you win. Nice coping mechanism.
I don’t give a shit about being proven right. I wanna see us win trophies & the last 3 years have made me believe Ole isn’t the man to do it. I’d be happy with a fecking Carling cup & 4th place at this point. Manchester United can’t be going 5 seasons without winning a trophy. He must win one this season or walk.

MichaelRed

I can tell that you're liking the way we're progressing. It's just that.. the bolded, is a lie. Don't go on the internet and lie in anger.
We'd had 2 shots to their 5 at that point. At best it was even but to say we were better is just pure bias.

croadyman

Villarreal and Atalanta have much better coaches than us.

Just 5 matches to play here.

People talk about Haaland next season.

We must talk about the coach....this performance is a big worry for the next five matches.
Most teams in europe have better coaching than us so that's not difficult

croadyman

I don't think I can mentally handle another year in Europa, i mean it was bleak last season but to be in that competition this year with Varane, Ronaldo, Pogba and Bruno this season would be a disaster.

I'll be honest if Ole cannot get us past the group stages in this group he needs to walk away from this team.
He won't be walking anywhere because that would sacrificing a big payout

James35

No chance of winning it was my opinion before last night's game. Also if Ole fails to get us out of the group stage again he should be 100% sacked.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If villareal park the bus and grind out a draw then we'd be heading to the europa league again. The pressure will be through the roof with the last few games becoming must wins and need i remind you what happened last year.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If villareal park the bus and grind out a draw then we'd be heading to the europa league again. The pressure will be through the roof with the last few games becoming must wins and need i remind you what happened last year.
Yeah I fancy us to beat Atalanta at OT but lose to them at their place. We don’t like being pressed & I see us losing a goal fest there. Villarreal could easily be 2 draws. They will sit deep for sure. I wouldn’t be that surprised if we lost all 3 away games to be honest.

Honestly, I’m not just saying it to sound controversial, I genuinely think we’re heading out. Ole’s CL record is appalling.

MichaelRed

Yeah I fancy us to beat Atalanta at OT but lose to them at their place. We don’t like being pressed & I see us losing a goal fest there. Villarreal could easily be 2 draws. They will sit deep for sure. I wouldn’t be that surprised if we lost all 3 away games to be honest.

Honestly, I’m not just saying it to sound controversial, I genuinely think we’re heading out. Ole’s CL record is appalling.
Would they sack him on the spot if he got grouped again? Honestly think the same as you, I hope we get through but I think the YB game has stiffed us.

lawliet354

Would they sack him on the spot if he got grouped again? Honestly think the same as you, I hope we get through but I think the YB game has stiffed us.
Well SAF also had experienced getting crashed at group stage so I don't think it's fair to sack Ole just because that, especially if we're still at the top of EPL. That being said, to crash in group stage for consecutive year is definitely sackable offence, especially considering we are in relatively easy group this time around and with much better squads as well

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Ole didn't have Varane, Ronaldo or Sancho before. And this is a joke of a group compared to others. If we don't get to the next stage, this year, Ole should be sacked, no question

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Ole didn't have Varane, Ronaldo or Sancho before. And this is a joke of a group compared to others. If we don't get to the next stage, this year, Ole should be sacked, no question
I feel there is a very real possibility we might finish third after a couple of promising wins at home as we fumble in the closing games to seal qualification.

Ole’s in game management has been left wanting time and time again. If he can somehow correct that in the next month, we might stand a chance of scraping through.

I’ve been a strong advocate for Ole but I’m starting to think that he might not have the ability to tactically adapt when the chips are down. I thought with Phelan, Ole’s tactical naïveté might be somewhat neutralised but I guess I was wrong.

meamth

But we were leading comfortably. That's what matters.

Pundits talk about how difficult away games can be in CL, doesn't matter who the opponent is.

But here we are talking about big clubs like us should dominate 99% of the games when smaller clubs involved. That's just ignorant and stupidly naive.

There are other factors about winning football matches, not just tactics. Things went wrong for us, tactics doesn't work, we can't control the game, YB played like it's a final, and were trying to be composed. That's something we can't control. Nobody can. Anything can happen in football!

Just look at Zenit vs Chelsea, they were playing brilliantly. Brugge vs PSG, Milan vs Liverpool. This is fecking CL, not sunday league football.

Yes we've crashed yesterday, but there are 5 games left to play, and for those who said because of the poor 11 CL record will prove how Ole failed to qualify this season is just fecking bellend.

wolvored

Change it to 'We will win the champions league...one season (but not this!)'

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

And our fixtures are tricky aswell. We play villareal just before the city game and atalanta just before the chelsea game. Its not as easy or clear cut as some are making it out here.

meamth

And our fixtures are tricky aswell. We play villareal just before the city game and atalanta just before the chelsea game. Its not as easy or clear cut as some are making it out here.
Nobody said CL is easy.

It's the negativity admitting defeat to the group stage is what the issue here.

They don't believe it because they hate or doesn't rate the manager.

The Firestarter

He should be, but no way management has the balls to do it. They will be afraid of protests, so it would take a massive collapse in the league as well to force their hand.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Nobody said CL is easy.

It's the negativity admitting defeat to the group stage is what the issue here.

They don't believe it because they hate or doesn't rate the manager.
Of course CL is not easy if you compare the standard of CL teams to those teams which aren't in the CL. But of all the teams participating in the CL I think we can safely say young boys were the easier of the lot, the teams we play in our next few CL fixtures are clearly stronger than young boys.

MichaelRed

I feel there is a very real possibility we might finish third after a couple of promising wins at home as we fumble in the closing games to seal qualification.

Ole’s in game management has been left wanting time and time again. If he can somehow correct that in the next month, we might stand a chance of scraping through.

I’ve been a strong advocate for Ole but I’m starting to think that he might not have the ability to tactically adapt when the chips are down.
I thought with Phelan, Ole’s tactical naïveté might be somewhat neutralised but I guess I was wrong.
Same, I wanted him to get the time to build his team but he's built it now and it's a sensational team at that but he's still driving his Ferrari like it's a Fiat. We've been awful in every game this season except the Newcastle game where we were okay at best against an appalling side. Once you click into being an Ole-outer it's like you gain some level of clarity and you can see all the excuses in his defence for what they are - excuses!

MichaelRed

But we were leading comfortably. That's what matters.

Pundits talk about how difficult away games can be in CL, doesn't matter who the opponent is.

But here we are talking about big clubs like us should dominate 99% of the games when smaller clubs involved. That's just ignorant and stupidly naive.

There are other factors about winning football matches, not just tactics. Things went wrong for us, tactics doesn't work, we can't control the game, YB played like it's a final, and were trying to be composed. That's something we can't control. Nobody can. Anything can happen in football!

Just look at Zenit vs Chelsea, they were playing brilliantly. Brugge vs PSG, Milan vs Liverpool. This is fecking CL, not sunday league football.

Yes we've crashed yesterday, but there are 5 games left to play, and for those who said because of the poor 11 CL record will prove how Ole failed to qualify this season is just fecking bellend.
Ffs, you're the most naive fan I've ever interacted with. You'd think we were doing well if we sat 17th in the table because at least we'd be comfortably outside of the relegation zone.
It was 1-0, that's literally the smallest possible lead you can have and they had created over twice as many chances as us even before AWB was sent off. That's literally the opposite of a "comfortable lead".

Sviken

Well SAF also had experienced getting crashed at group stage so I don't think it's fair to sack Ole just because that, especially if we're still at the top of EPL. That being said, to crash in group stage for consecutive year is definitely sackable offence, especially considering we are in relatively easy group this time around and with much better squads as well
Enough with this argument. SAF was a manager for 30 years with far less resources than Ole currently has. Of course from time to time he would experience failure. Nobody is perfect. In those 30 years how many times did he crash out of the group stages? Twice? Ole is on path of accomplishing that in the space of not 30 but 3 years. It's an insult of the highest order to compare the GOAT manager to Ole. I don't know why you people keep doing it. It's an absolute disgrace. And your arguments are always wack and nonsensical. If you like Ole so much, just say it. It'd be more respectable rather than trying to look for similarities between him and Sir Alex.

Eddy_JukeZ

SAF deserved the leeway.

Ole does not. Also, SAF never crashed out 2 straight seasons.

There is simply no defense if we crashed out in the group stages 2 consecutive years. It would be a colossal disaster.