We’ve beaten them all...

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Er... no?

This "record" is much like those talked about for goals or points in calendar years. It's utterly meaningless unless it helps you actually win something.

We're not Wenger's Arsenal. There's nothing to celebrate here.
Nobody is going crazy mate, but fecking hell. Can't you take any joy from anything? I've been critical of United and Jose this year, but christ, it must be difficult to be this bloody miserable.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Er... no?

This "record" is much like those talked about for goals or points in calendar years. It's utterly meaningless unless it helps you actually win something.

We just came back from 2-0 down at halftime to beat the best team in the league. A team some might have you believe are the best ever in PL history. I’d say today is one of those rare occasions in the past 5 seasons where a celebration is called for!

MAME DIOUF 32

We just came back from 2-0 down at halftime to beat the best team in the league. A team some might have you believe are the best ever in PL history. I’d say today is one of those rare occasions in the past 5 seasons where a celebration is called for!
So celebrate that. I'm happy United won today and denied City something that would've been truly excruciating for all of us. I'm not happy that we've beaten everyone in the league and still come absolutely nowhere near winning it.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Er... no?

You say it's not meaningful unless we win something, but we did, each and every one of those games.

Every team in our league has lost to us at least once. Leagues, cups and trophies are won by winning games and we're getting into a winning habit. No one is talking about "records"

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Of course it's a achievement. The same way going unbeaten at home all season is an achievement. You don't get a trophy for it, but it's not accomplished very often, making it an achievement to pull it off.

Not every aspect of football has be established with a piece of major silverware, otherwise the majority of football clubs' fans in the world would have no reason to follow football, as success is mostly for the established elite (eg in 20 years, only 5 teams have won the title, and only 7 teams have won the FA Cup). There's more to this whole thing than just winning the league.

Football is supposed to be fun. Enjoy it.

Jonno

Er... no?

Are you one of those fans who expects instant success, or thinks we have a Devine right to win things because we once dominated?

Clearly a spoilt fan who can’t appreciate very good progress

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just how many accounts does Jose have here?
I’ve actually been running a sophisticated algorithm that scrapes IP’s and compares them to Jose’s know locations over the last 8 months and I didn’t want to share the results while it’s still premature but here’s what I have so far.

Spoilered as it’s a pretty long report with a lot of large images and graphs:

feck off you miserable prick.

cyberman

Could reach 89 points with our favourable run in but it would need 12(?) wins on the bounce to do so.
Facts and figures wise it has been an excellent league campaign.

Edit how can you have a big man, winners mentality only to have MAME DIOUF 32 as a username?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I’ve actually been running a sophisticated algorithm that scrapes IP’s and compares them to Jose’s know locations over the last 8 months and I didn’t want to share the results while it’s still premature but here’s what I have so far.

Fecking beautiful

Peter van der Gea

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Meh. Leave the Diouf guy alone. It's not a very significant achievement to be honest. It's just bad timing to be critical or miserable tonight. :)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

:lol:

Peter van der Gea

Meh. Leave the Diouf guy alone. It's not a very significant achievement to be honest. It's just bad timing to be critical or miserable tonight. :)
He's been called out for being a prime example of the ridiculous negativity that's blighted this forum for the last six months, that's all

Cliche Guevara

Anyone who doesn’t think this is an achievement is mental.

Nobody is wanting to be handed the Champions League or EPL trophy, but it’s a very impressive, and potentially portentous, record.

Ban

Er... no?

Fek off.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Er... no?

It actually shows clear improvement from the last 3/4 years as does our league position and points tally. Rome wasn't built in a day

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just when you think we've got no chance, we somehow do it. Chelsea, Liverpool and City were three games I thought we'd drop points in.

It has definitely been a decent end to the season and these will be results that will give us some optimism going into next season. Hopefully we do Arsenal at our place but given I'm expecting a win, we'll probably drop points.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Then you don't know what the word achievement means.
Don’t agree. It means you don’t understand context.

Managing to beat every team in the premier league but win nothing, isn’t necessarily an achievement.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So basically United become 4th team to beat all 19 Premier League teams in a single season, after Chelsea in 2005/06, United in 2010/11 and City in 2017/18.
Might be wrong, but I think Spurs would do it too if they beat City next week.

Too many rubbish teams once you get outside of the top six.

Not taking anything away from today though...especially not as one of the main Jose beating sticks this season has been his "poor" record against the other top six. It''s actually a pretty impressive record at this point.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Don’t agree. It means you don’t understand context.

Managing to beat every team in the premier league but win nothing, isn’t necessarily an achievement.
There's no polite way of saying this; you're talking out of your fecking ring piece.

Deleted member 101472

achievement
[uh-cheev-muh nt]
noun
  1. something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed: his remarkable achievements in art.

2. the act of achieving; attainment or accomplishment:

MAME DIOUF 32

Are you one of those fans who expects instant success, or thinks we have a Devine right to win things because we once dominated?

Clearly a spoilt fan who can’t appreciate very good progress
"very good progress" is subjective. I feel that our progress is at the absolute minimum of what it's reasonable to expect having employed a manager purported to be among the world's best and given him hundreds of millions to spend.

It's up to individuals whether or not they appreciate a stat like this. I don't. I care about challenging for honours. I don't expect us to win everything but I'd like us to challenge.

MAME DIOUF 32

He's been called out for being a prime example of the ridiculous negativity that's blighted this forum for the last six months, that's all
I can live with that. I do feel generally negative about the club under Mourinho. There's plenty on the forum I'd categorise as "ridiculous positivity" but it's just an opinion. I don't dispute anybody's right to disagree with me.

What I do find odd is the calling for bannings. Very RAWK.

el3mel

A positive thread has been completely ruined by 2 negative posters. Unbelievable tbh. :lol: