We are 2nd in the league and deserve to be there. Agree?

Tarrou

The table doesn't lie.
if we're talking a few points then sometimes it does

we could quite easily be a few points down on this seasons tally based on nothing more than bad luck in one game, and we'd be third

so I don't think we can claim we're much better or worse than Leicester when its this close over two seasons

Foxbatt

I just don't think we ever recovered from that Sheff Utd result in terms of a title race and it carried over
This is where we got it in the gut. Win that game and we would have been on a roller.
This is why I don't want him to rest any players tomorrow. We need to look at every game as a Cup Final. Go to City and have a go at their defense. Don't sit deep. Play Bailly in defense. Get James, Rashford to run at them. Tell Rashford to pass when necessary. If required play Maguire up front too and bombard them with high balls.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Man City are 28 games unbeaten.

Is it realistic that our squad could have matched that?

I'm not saying I agree with all of Ole's tactics, decisions or transfers - but neither do I think it's a reasonable idea that we could have overdone this City team this season, even if some believe that we could match them.

I'm not giving up 100% on city losing their balance and ability after the UCL matches start picking up, so that maybe we can catch them up - but neither do I think its realistic that this squad really does.

padzilla

Hipster
Don’t know about others but I’m still quite vary of finishing in the top 4. If anyone gave me 4th right now, I’ll take it. The teams below us are really close and with fixture congestion coming into play, I really feel this could be the year at least one of Leicester, Everton and West Ham could make the breakthrough.

With Chelsea doing reasonably well under Tuchel and Liverpool generally being good enough to make the top 4 comfortably, I feel that there is a lot of scope for us to bottle it.

Hence, please forgive me if I don’t feel joyous with us sitting in 2nd 12 points behind the league leaders and 1 ahead of Leicester.
If we finish outside the top four in such a poor league then Ole absolutely has to go.

cptkeane1993

There is a big difference between 2nd and challenging for the title compared to 2nd and trying to be best of the rest. The former is clear progress, the latter much less so. We will need a trophy this season - in what is Ole's 2nd full season and Bruno's 1st full season at United - to show for the progress this season (although deep cup runs are greatly influenced by luck in the draws).

Our transfer activity in the summer will also reveal how players and the external market view our progress, if any. To me, if the big targets want to come here (over other clubs), if Pogba wants to stay (despite what his agent said) and if the club invests in said top targets, then I think it's because they see the trajectory we are on and want to be part of it.

Let's hope for a strong end to the business end of this season.

Foxbatt

I think a top class DM who can handle it by himself and a top class who can hold up the ball could do it. If Spurs don't make the CL spot Kane may be available.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think a top class DM who can handle it by himself and a top class who can hold up the ball could do it. If Spurs don't make the CL spot Kane may be available.
Not sure he'd be worth it with his injury record.

And good luck getting Levy to sell to us.

Walters_19_MuFc

if we're talking a few points then sometimes it does

we could quite easily be a few points down on this seasons tally based on nothing more than bad luck in one game, and we'd be third

so I don't think we can claim we're much better or worse than Leicester when its this close over two seasons
Well, I didn't, but the fact that we're above Leicester suggests we have been 'marginally' better. As I said, the table doesn't lie.

RedDevilzFox

We are where we should be in the table. The real question is, can we stay 2nd come the end of the season? I feel we will drop, just not sure how many places.