We are 1 point(s) off 3rd

Tiber

We have the lowest point total so far in a season in the PL era. Although the other teams got pretty low points too so we can still do better than the Moyes season.
If you don't think we have far better this season, im not going to waste my breath trying to convince you.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Where we should be as I predicted in the start of the season. Our fans underrated the quality of our squad as if they just started watching football yesterday. You don’t have one of the most expensive team in the world and not finish top four at least. Our manager must be really incompetent or has lost the dressing room for that to happen

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
United are a class above Leicester or Chelsea at the moment. The improvement since Bruno Fernandez arrived should not be underestimated. They now look a happy bunch rather than the disheveled bunch of prima donna’s of the past couple of years and they can actually play even though the 2nd eleven needs a lot to be desired.

Ole has done a tremendous job and it shouldn’t be underestimated the slowly but surely way of improving the team he has done.

A couple of good signings and you guys can go close next season.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I mean, it's fantastic if we end up getting top 4, but I really does say something about the quality of the league this year for that to be possible after the first half of the season.
Yes, but to me it says that the quality is high all over and it's a very competitive league. Compared to the time that English teams were dominating CL Finals when Mourinho was at Chelsea and we were at our best, the quality of the other teams is way higher now, and it's been creeping up as the league has gotten richer and richer, and the FA have let more non-EU players into the league.

Brightonian

Who gave Palace and Sheffield such a big say in the outcome of this race? (and that's ignoring the fact that Sheffield were supposed to be in it!) Every single team above plays/has played both post-lockdown.

AFC NimbleThumb

We have to absolutely pump Bournemouth. Send a message that the banter era is well and truly over. I want blood.

Forget the other teams around us, tunnel vision, win all of our games.
Exactly. Another authoritative win on Saturday will show this first 11 need to be taken seriously.

The way we’re clicking in midfield & attack I can’t see us not scoring a few; parked bus or not.

Brightonian

We played the first half of the season with three or four key players unavailable for long spells. There wasn't much talk of an injury crisis because otherwise the squad survived fairly unscathed. But having Pereira and James available all the time isn't much good if you're missing Pogba, McTominay and Rashford.

Third is around where this team should be, in competition with Chelsea. It's credit to Ole (and, let's face it, to Bruno) that we're recovering from that first half of the season so decisively. Also as others have pointed out, this is a league where no game is a gimme and therefore a winning run will gain you ground on almost any team.

r0663664

Worships Man City
We should finish above Leicester base on the remaining fixtures. As long as we finish above Leicester, we will qualify for Champion League. Ed will likely to spend additional 50 million to beef up the squad. Hopefully, we get another 3 quality players next year where we start to compete for the league. We should be competing in 2022 campaign. :)

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm made up with this evening's football. We have a real chance now to clinch third, which would be an amazing return considering how poor we've been at times. Of course there are questions over the quality of the chasing pack this year and of course we don't want to be messing around in third and fourth forever but I'd be pleased with third this year.

wolvored

I cant see why all the negativity. We should comfortably win all our games. Chelsea have Wanderers and liverpool and will probably be a draw and loss. Even Sheffield may take points off them.
Leicester have an improving Arsenal Spurs and us. Points will be dropped there.
Wanderers Have Arsenal Everton and Chelsea. Points will be dropped.
My Prediction
3rd Utd
4th Wanderers
5th Leicester
6th Chelsea

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
After hitting above their weight for the first half of the season, Leicester has been struggling since January. I said months ago that we would finish 3rd and got laughed at (not that 3rd is something to brag about). The only thing is that Chelsea has a very favourable schedule (as do we). But I absolutely love the fact that we play Leicester on the last game of the season. Chelsea finishes with Liverpool and Wolves in week 37 and 38. Liverpool will want to continue winning and Wolves will also be fighting for a spot in Europe so even though the title is already wrapped up, this could be a very exciting finish to the season and I haven't even mentioned the relegation battle...

Bojan11

All 5 of those games before Leicester, we should be winning as long as we aren’t playing Lingard and James.

Our midfield three staying fit is vital. Martial getting injured isn’t as important as it was early on in the season. Ighalo should do the job against those teams we play especially with the midfield behind him.

Mainoldo

I cant see why all the negativity. We should comfortably win all our games. Chelsea have Wanderers and liverpool and will probably be a draw and loss. Even Sheffield may take points off them.
Leicester have an improving Arsenal Spurs and us. Points will be dropped there.
Wanderers Have Arsenal Everton and Chelsea. Points will be dropped.
My Prediction
3rd Utd
4th Wanderers
5th Leicester
6th Chelsea
I would love that prediction. But just for bants hope Arsenal get 5th.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Our run of fixtures in the middle of July:

13 Southampton home
15 Crystal Palace away
18 West Ham Home
19 Chelsea Fa cup semi final

Fa cup is a fixed date, one of the palace or West Ham games will be moved forward. If our challengers get points on the board we will be under enormous pressure.

Well finish 5th.

Just hope we win Europa:wenger:
Do the other contenders have similar intensity of games?

We’ve seen how our quality falls off the cliff when we get to players outside our top 14, so OGS will find it very hard to play our recent 1st XI anytime soon.

Of course he also has years to experience watching SAF rotate his squad so it should be instinctive to him.

wolvored

I would love that prediction. But just for bants hope Arsenal get 5th.
A chap I work with is a Chelsea fan and i said tonight on the phone Arsenal are after you (he cant stand them) for 6th. I wont tell you what he called me :lol:

Morpheus 7

We can't have any excuses now, need to put away the remaining teams to we play Leicester. We have the squad and people fit and the fixtures to do it. This is a real opportunity to finish this campaign looking optimistic to our future.

Stretender

We will get top 4 and also win the Europa Trophy, no doubt about that.

Teja

We have to absolutely pump Bournemouth. Send a message that the banter era is well and truly over. I want blood.

Forget the other teams around us, tunnel vision, win all of our games.
This 100x. No excuses, fully fit and firing team. Relegation Fodder. Smash 'em.

OleBoiii

Where we should be as I predicted in the start of the season. Our fans underrated the quality of our squad as if they just started watching football yesterday.
For fecks sake! Pogba has been out for most of the season and Rashford had a lengthy injury spell as well. Up until Bruno's arrival, I think that at least one out of Pereira and Lingard started more or less every game. A fully fit team could maybe expect to get 3rd/4th, but this team minus Pogba, Bruno, Ighalo and Rashford(for a longer period) isn't even top 6.

Truth be told, Solskjær has done really well to not be much further down the table.

jlecesne

It will be United and Chelsea (in no particular order) that round out the top four. Leicester have looked off the pace and I am not sure what kind of Liverpool team Chelsea will face with the premier league in the bag.

Le Red

Goal difference might matter. We have to keep smashing teams to bits.
Top 4 could realistically depend on goal difference vs Leicester.
Unfortunately, it seems they'll be ahead of us in GD unless we give them a proper beating in the last round.

hobbers

We have by far the easiest run in. 3rd should be achievable and 4th is absolute bare minimum.

Ole has to prove he can finish a season without everything falling to pieces like last year, whatever the circumstances.

el3mel

Wow Moyes actually managed to defeat Chelsea? Like how come?

Top 4 is really ours to lose at this point.

Green_Red

Chelsea are soft. That West Ham team are shite. They will drop more points. Leicester are there for the taking. 3rd is a real possibility but like i said in another thread mentality has be shown now. If the team can focus and finish well and get 3rd then we'll have a solid platform to build on going into next season.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Ole has to prove he can finish a season without everything falling to pieces like last year, whatever the circumstances.
Circumstances last year were completely different. Your first eleven were shattered after Ole came in and introduced a far higher tempo. He talked about being the fittest in the league this year and lots of posters laughed and mocked calling him a PE teacher.

that fitness is really showing now, your team looks one of the most energetic in the league, they just keep going. You may drop points but from a line up, morale and fitness point of view, you are streets ahead of where you were at the end of last season.

EDIT thinking about it I can not think of a team In Europe that has improved more than you have over this season.

Number32

"Hopefully we can count the points and only have two teams ahead of us at the end.” I really love that.
When everyone is fit, we should be 3rd before the last game of the season. No more injury please.

Tony247

One game at a time. Forget about other teams.

One injury, one fraking injury in this midfield and we are toast.

Statue of Limitations

I'd like Wolves to finish 4th behind us.
Chelsea are a bit Jekyll and Hyde whilst LCFC are in freefall, their form since the break is woeful.

I think the table is very flattering to Leicester, and I don't think they will be Top 6 next year.

Be surprised if we don't finish 5-6 pts ahead of them.

RedCurry

You can never take Southampton lightly. They are a fantastic club even if they are struggling in mid table. Leicester can’t be this bad for too long surely. I am reasonably confident against other teams we are going to face.

Mr Smith

One thing we all need to consider is that ‘easy’ games often flip at this time of year. Chelsea losing to West Ham is a case in point. Teams down the bottom are desperate for points.
Yeah but Bournemouth and Villa are crap tbh.

ruskyline

Let's look at the run-in for each team:

I'm not including Sheffield as they've fallen off a cliff recently.

Leicester

Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Sheffield (H)
Spurs (A)
Manchester United (H)

Chelsea

Watford (H)
Palace (A)
Sheffield (A)

Norwich (H)
Liverpool (A)
Wolves (H)

Manchester United

Bournemouth (H)
Villa (A)
Southampton (H)

Palace (A)
West Ham (H)
Leicester (A)

Wolves

Arsenal (H)
Sheffield (A)
Everton (H)
Burnley (A)

Palace (H)
Chelsea (A)

We have the more favourable fixtures yet the other teams have the points in the bag. Arse and Spurs could also make a late dash for it. How likely are we to pip Leicester and Chelsea? That last match week will be decisive I think: Chelsea vs Wolves and Leicester vs United.

We shouldn't be losing any fixtures until then. I'm optimistic.
1. Everton vs. Leicester (2-0)
2. Leicester vs. Crystal Palace (1-0)
3. Arsenal vs. Leicester (2-1)
4. Bournemouth vs. Leicester (0-3)
5. Leicester vs. Sheff Utd (1-0)
6. Tottenham vs. Leicester (2-1)
7. Leicester vs. Man Utd (0-2)

8. West Ham vs. Chelsea (3-2)
9. Chelsea vs. Watford (2-0)
10. Crystal Palace vs. Chelsea (1-3)
11. Sheff Utd vs. Chelsea (1-1)
12. Chelsea vs. Norwich (5-0)
13. Man Utd vs. Chelsea (FA CUP) (1-0)
14. Liverpool vs. Chelsea (2-0)
15. Chelsea vs. Wolves (2-3)
16. Bayern Munich vs. Chelsea (UCL) (1-3)

17. Wolves vs. Arsenal (2-1)
18. Sheff Utd vs. Wolves (1-3)
19. Wolves vs. Everton (2-0)
20. Burnley vs. Wolves (1-1)
21. Wolves vs. Crystal Palace (2-2)
22. Chelsea vs. Wolves (2-3)

23. Man Utd vs. Bournemouth (2-0)
24. Aston Villa vs. Man Utd (4-0)
25. Man Utd vs. Southampton(2-0)
26. Crystal Palace vs. Man Utd (0-3)
27. Man Utd vs. Chelsea (FA CUP) (1-0)
28. Man Utd vs. West Ham (3-2)
29. Leicester vs. Man Utd (0-2)
30. Man Utd vs. LASK (EL) (1-0)

I posted my predictions, check it out
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/match-prediction-rival-watch.455900/

Kostov

If we continue to play as we have since the restart than I think we will get top 4 finish. Let's concentrate on our football and the awards will follow.