We are 4th. Edit: Top of the League!

ChaddyP

I think the OP was pointing to the fact that after our worse start ever we are 2 points off of the top and we'll in the mix for a title run. Which never looked possible after the spurs loss.

But let's all have a moan. That's more fashionable I suppose

GenZRed

I think new threads should be approved by moderators before being posted on here.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We can't start a new thread just because our league position reads fourth. That's just mental.

We finished third last season.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Yes. Give our start it’s a great achievement. Took us until 37th game last season so indicative of the massive progress Ole and the squad continue to make
I know you're putting in a lot of effort to be positive around here but please tell me this is sarcasm.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Any season without the title or a european cup is a failed season imo.

cyberman

Only 3 goals scored less than the top scorers of the division.
Which is weird. I do think we have become vey insular with our gripes as a fanbase.

dove

"Only top four and title challenge is good enough!"
*is on track for those things*
"Well we're doing it the wrong way!"
You just don't make these kind of threads after 10 games in a Manchester United forum. You simply don't. We are not fecking Everton or Burnley.

ThinkTank@Cafe

We can't start a new thread just because our league position reads fourth. That's just mental.

We finished third last season.
People are opening threads to appreciate how Imelda Marcos loved sneakers. Why I can’t post an appreciation thread for the team who delivered an envious league position after all that shit they got from media and the fans? Every moaner was pointing at the table when we were 14th. Every other post mid-October was about the team position.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I know you're putting in a lot of effort to be positive around here but please tell me this is sarcasm.
What’s sarcastic about it? I’m not putting any effort into anything. I’m realistic to know that progress in PL is incremental. And I’m loving this approach from the club.

Red4Life_#7

Are we supposed to celebrate that?
[/QUOTE]
Yes of course we are! There was so much negativity at the start of the season for missing out on Sancho, then the poor start to the season where we were sitting in 14th in the league. I’m happy with us to be in contention again tbh :D

Are you asking for for direction in your life on RedCafe? It is your choice. I’m happy with us being in contention
This!!

alexthelion

And some people actually still believe standards really didn't drop. Creator of threads like this would've been slaughtered when Van Gaal or Mourinho was here.
I take it as a repost to the constant moaners who, whatever happens, whine, moan and whinge their little hearts out.

alexthelion

You just don't make these kind of threads after 10 games in a Manchester United forum. You simply don't. We are not fecking Everton or Burnley.
But it's OK to make Ole out threads after two or three games?

Hypocrite.

cyberman

Standards have dropped. We are Manchester United.
2 points off the top isnt any sort of dropped standards. Not saying we are an elite side but sir Alex was routinely further back than this and relied on runs after Xmas to win leagues.
2 points off top is nothing to bark at.

Halftrack

But we make threads about how being 2 points off 1st 10 games in isn't good enough?

You take the good with the bad. Or rather, the bad with the bad. Most of these threads are a direct response to the relentless negativity of some posters on here. You want to see less of them, try doing your part to kill off some of that.

hobbers

We finished third last season. We have at least the third strongest starting eleven with everyone fit, and certainly a top four-strength squad.

The aim this season is to finish within touching distance of first, when that happens we can get excited.

The aim is not to scrape into the top four with a similar points haul as last season. We're not Arsenal.

dove

But we make threads about how being 2 points off 1st 10 games in isn't good enough?

You take the good with the bad. Or rather, the bad with the bad. Most of these threads are a direct response to the relentless negativity of some posters on here. You want to see less of them, try doing your part to kill off some of that.
I missed that one. Do you have a link?

PoTMS

2 points off the top isnt any sort of dropped standards. Not saying we are an elite side but sir Alex was routinely further back than this and relied on runs after Xmas to win leagues.
2 points off top is nothing to bark at.
I don't disagree. But I'm replying to the point that we are Manchester United and not winning the big trophies i.e. the Champions League or the Premier League was seen as a failure. It's now City who have those standards as evident by last season where they still won a trophy but disappointed not to win the big titles.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Standards have dropped. We are Manchester United.
Sorry but it has been 7 years since United won the league, that phrase kind of doesn't work anymore. The club needs to get back to winning or even challenging for the title before we can start talking like that again.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
People are opening threads to appreciate how Imelda Marcos loved sneakers. Why I can’t post an appreciation thread for the team who delivered an envious league position after all that shit they got from media and the fans? Every moaner was pointing at the table when we were 14th. Every other post mid-October was about the team position.
Just feels like a celebration of mediocrity.

We used to laugh at threads like this in the RAWK goes into meltdown threads. The tables have turned somewhat since then though :(

wolvored

No I am just curious. We were laughing at Arsenal when they celebrated finishing 4th and now we have these threads called "We are 4th", as if it is some sort of achievement worth celebrating for after 10 games.
Exactly. What about when we drop to 5th or lower? It will be if we win the game in hand... Lets see where we are on game 38 only position that matters.

svn

Just feels like a celebration of mediocrity.

We used to laugh at threads like this in the RAWK goes into meltdown threads. The tables have turned somewhat since then though :(
I wouldn't worry. There are much more embarrassing threads than this.

PoTMS

Sorry but it has been 7 years since United won the league, that phrase kind of doesn't work anymore. The club needs to get back to winning or even challenging for the title before we can start talking like that again.
Well that's exactly my point. Our standards keep dropping. We certainly shouldn't be celebrating another season of reaching top 4.
Level of standard Nazis also think they are realists. Irony.
State of the OP.

cyberman

I don't disagree. But I'm replying to the point that we are Manchester United and not winning the big trophies i.e. the Champions League or the Premier League was seen as a failure. It's now City who have those standards as evident by last season where they still won a trophy but disappointed not to win the big titles.
But the season isnt over. There's no harm in pointing out where we actually are amongst the doom and gloom.
No team has won more points than us since Brunos debut way back in January. Thats not a small sample of games.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
tbf not even god knows how we're only 2 points off the top :lol:
Probably has to with our record breaking away form, and since a short time ago homeform that is on the rise aswell, something i feel the PSG game showed even though we lost. We played shit for the first 4 weeks, after that most things have been looking brighter. Still we get 45 mins like we did today, but surely that is something we will have no matter who manages the club, or who plays for us.

PoTMS

But the season isnt over. There's no harm in pointing out where we actually are amongst the doom and gloom.
No team has won more points than us since Brunos debut way back in January. Thats not a small sample of games.
Again, I agree with you there. I think we've done well results wise, all things considered. Performance wise, not so much.