We are 4th. Edit: Top of the League!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Think this is meaningless for now. In Jan, it will be more obvious. I do think the gap with Arsenal will be larger, while United should be up there, to the desperation and frustration of many who are not pleased with the manager, but whatever...
I think it shows Arsenal were and are a poor side and we didnt beat them. So we cant talk of sides we should beat at home until our home form improves massively

Cassidy

Arsenal is the game tbf, but they seemed to bring their v Liverpool and City defending out against us.
We just wont give away pens and we are good!
We were not good. We didnt look like scoring. And at home especially teams will take away our transition and sit back. Until we develop tactically we will have issues, cant take any for granted

cyberman

I think it shows Arsenal were and are a poor side and we didnt beat them. So we cant talk of sides we should beat at home until our home form improves massively
Arsenals results shows theyre game raising cnuts tbf

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Was my 50th yesterday - watched the first half then the takeway arrived. Was pleasantly surprised watching Match of the Day.

The first half was tumescent shit though nothing to celebrate overall.

cyberman

I think this season the only top 6 side they got any points from was us
Maybe but I think pointing to the 1 defeat in 7 and using it as a reason we cant be confident of getting 3 points from Villa, Leicester, Sheff Utd and even City stretches the point a bit.
Most points than anyone since Jan, we are more likely to beat these sides than any other club in the league tbf

Cassidy

Maybe but I think pointing to the 1 defeat in 7 and using it as a reason we cant be confident of getting 3 points from Villa, Leicester, Sheff Utd and even City stretches the point a bit.
Most points than anyone since Jan, we are more likely to beat these sides than any other club in the league tbf
Except we havent won at home this season. Anyway Im not saying we cant win the games, but I dont think its a fixture list where we shouldnt be worried about given our home from

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Most points in the league since Fernandes joined. That says it all. He needs to stay fit and Utd have a chance. Good league position though. Ole will take a lot of pressure off if they get a result against RB.

Problem is that Utd don't get off their arse until Ole does. Would like to see Ole at it from the start of the game. Really dislike managers sitting down for large spells unless the game is already won.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Except we havent won at home this season. Anyway Im not saying we cant win the games, but I dont think its a fixture list where we shouldnt be worried about given our home from
Yes we have.
We utterly took West Brom to school..1-0

AJ Bullet

Mental to think we can win our game in hand and be level on points with top currently despite our ups and downs this season. Its a strange season though so I guess we should expect the unexpected. No doubt we will drop silly points against the likes of Brighton/Newcastle/Fulham at home though, this is the way it seems.

downunder red

I'm happy to be in fourth place. I wouldn't call it celebrating but after the start we have had i'm just happy we are in the mix. Some dreadful, some good and some fantastic football to watch this season so far. This year we have no idea where we are going to end up but that should not stop fans from enjoying the fact that we are up near the top.
As to the people who do not like this thread, or the wording of the thread FFS. Go and read another one.

McTerminator

We finished 3rd last season. What is the amazing thing in being 4th in early December?

Could have just said we are 2 points off first and no one would have complained.

But saying "we are 4th" in thread title as if this is an unexpected, magnificent position we suddenly found ourselves in is honestly embarrassing for a club like United. So we are at a state now we can't believe ourselves when we jump up the table to 4th?
Seriously, we all know why top four is significant and it is a milestone we have failed to hit more often than not for the past 7 years since SAF retired. What do you find so underwhelming about being on course to (at the very least) finish inside the top four consecutively for the first time in nearly a decade?

el3mel

Seriously, we all know why top four is significant and it is a milestone we have failed to hit more often than not for the past 7 years since SAF retired. What do you find so underwhelming about being on course to (at the very least) finish inside the top four consecutively for the first time in nearly a decade?
Because we're supposed to make a trajectory progress from last season ? Last season we finished 3rd with 66 points. So this one it's really fair to think we should at least finish 3rd again or even 2nd with more points. Before the season I posted in the expectations thread saying my expectations for this season will be 2nd or close 3rd with 80 points or so, QF in CL and a domestic cup win. I don't think any of these are impossible really, and the form we showed at the end of last season shows we're far more than capable of this.

When will it stop being enough to just finish top 4 for United and start looking for more ? I really think this is the time. The current squad is a great mix of players who are at their prime, starting it, some exceptional youngsters and some old experienced players. I think it's perfectly time to make the step forward. Most teams around us aren't really that exceptional this season.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If we hadn't lost to these useless wankers i.e. arsenal, we'd be 2 points from the top with a game in hand.

Leethal

It's funny how the media is kissing Chelsea's and Tottenham's ass and talking about them as genuine title contenders, while according to the same media, we're shite, Ole should be sacked, blah blah blah. Yet, win our game in hand, and we're equal with Chelsea on points and two points off Tottenham at the top.

I'm not saying we're good and genuine title contenders - so very far from it - but the media bias is ridiculously blatant.

M16Red

Was my 50th yesterday - watched the first half then the takeway arrived. Was pleasantly surprised watching Match of the Day.

The first half was tumescent shit though nothing to celebrate overall.
Happy birthday, what take away was it - I had a curry.

It's funny how the media is kissing Chelsea's and Tottenham's ass and talking about them as genuine title contenders, while according to the same media, we're shite, Ole should be sacked, blah blah blah. Yet, win our game in hand, and we're equal with Chelsea on points and two points off Tottenham at the top.

I'm not saying we're good and genuine title contenders - so very far from it - but the media bias is ridiculously blatant.
I don't give a feck, one game at a time..

Ludens the Red

I think you’re being a bit paranoid here. You only have to look at the punditry during the Spurs/Arsenal game yesterday to see that people aren’t that impressed with Spurs’ tactics and style of play. They’ve pretty much been receiving back handed compliments all season. With only Kane and Son(deservedly so) getting high praise.
And this is proven by balaks and glastonwanker being all over this forum over the last few weeks defending Spurs.

Secondly whether people on here like it or not, there’s more organisation to the way Spurs and Chelsea play. Watching United games this season the results don’t really tally with the performances.
Id put about 5 of our league game performances this season as rancid - Palace, Spurs, Arsenal, Brighton, West Brom. How can you watch these games and expect us to be receiving praise?
We don’t keep many clean sheets either. Something Chelsea and Spurs have been doing.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not a bad position to be in right now. Concern is that City are picking up form and I expect them to march their way back into the top 4 soon enough.

McTerminator

Because we're supposed to make a trajectory progress from last season ?
If you don’t think that finding some consistency in qualifying for the champions league is progress from where we were when ole took over then I don’t know what to tell you...

Web of Bissaka

You guys are too negatife!

:drool: If only we played one more game just like the 5 teams above us, then for sure we're still at 4th, same pts with but lower GD than Chelsea. Leicester and Southampton are lucky we didn't. Hmph!

RedIan

3rd I’m getting a nose bleed. Sort the defending out and we can improve on last season third...
imagine the moaning if we were lower down like City Chelsea spurs the so called title contenders.
this is def the best team since SAF retired, enjoy it.