We are an awfully coached team

Mainoldo

Can sell a blank CD to the majority of you lot and you’d think Kanye produced it :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah to be honest I think we're in that tier with PSG, but in a tougher league. Or Barca the last few years, Madrid after Zidane, Juve. Big clubs with excellent individuals and loads of money to spend, but not the coaching to match. A very good collection of individuals, coaching is not like the top 4 in Europe who both have the squads and the coaching now (Bayern, City, Chelsea and Liverpool). You hope that the individual players can sometimes lead you to success, but we are objectively not better teams on a game to game basis, though can win in any individual match.

It's something that would work for many leagues and keep us as a tough opponent, but not in the league coming up against Pep, Klopp and Tuchel with equally excellent squads.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You can forget about the press with Ronaldo in the team now.

We didn't press well before without him. We won't now either.
It's not all about being able to press though. Pressing isn't the only way to play and be successful. City is far from the aggressive pressers they used to be, but they have balance throughout. Liverpool have balance. Chelsea have balance. Bayern have balance. They attack as a group and with a plan, and they defend as group too, and are organized. Sometimes they might be vulnerable on the break, but for United it's just so obvious how unbalanced we are against even mediocre sides.

ExoduS

Yeah to be honest I think we're in that tier with PSG, but in a tougher league. Or Barca the last few years, Madrid after Zidane, Juve. Big clubs with excellent individuals and loads of money to spend, but not the coaching to match. A very good collection of individuals, coaching is not like the top 4 in Europe who both have the squads and the coaching now (Bayern, City, Chelsea and Liverpool). You hope that the individual players can sometimes lead you to success, but we are objectively not better teams on a game to game basis, though can win in any individual match.

It's something that would work for many leagues and keep us as a tough opponent, but not in the league coming up against Pep, Klopp and Tuchel with equally excellent squads.
Yep - exactly this. We are one trick pony under Ole because we play like small time club with amazing talent. That's why we beat City numerous times, Liverpool, PSG etc... However when tactics are correctly set up and that is to press us, but not fully expose and allow counters, we often get beat.

Games against Wolves, Southampton and Young Boys were a total disaster this year. I saw no progress from last year. Maybe even slight regress due to Fred and Matic being sh1t and Bruno becoming even more offensive. We play like we don't have midfield.

Jaae

Not ITK
Attacking set-pieces
Defensive set-pieces
Pressing as a unit
Playing out from the back

Use your eyes. It's been nearly THREE YEARS and we've not improved in any of the above during that time.

Yes, we are an awfully coached team.

Matthew1972

Ronaldo scores and the whole team thinks the game is over. Then AWB is red carded and Ole decides to hide the team under a rock and hopes that they will stay dry that way from the rain. For good measure he removes his best players.

Just another example of Ole being Ole.

I can only imagine the hardware this team would win if they only had a coach with balls.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's not all about being able to press though. Pressing isn't the only way to play and be successful. City is far from the aggressive pressers they used to be, but they have balance throughout. Liverpool have balance. Chelsea have balance. Bayern have balance. They attack as a group and with a plan, and they defend as group too, and are organized. Sometimes they might be vulnerable on the break, but for United it's just so obvious how unbalanced we are against even mediocre sides.
I agree.

We aren't a synergized team. We're not a team that's more than the sum of their parts.

stevoc

I wouldn't want him gone but I can't speak for the majority though. Look I'm a Sporting fan so perhaps I have a different mindset since we don't win much. But I never want a manager sacked after he wins two trophies minor or major. I do understand United fans thinking differently.
The League cup and Europa League are major trophies, which a lot of people don't seem to realize. The Johnstone's paint trophy is a minor trophy.

Also Mourinho wasn't sacked after winning 2 trophies he was sacked 18 months later in the process pf tanking the club and fecking about playing midfielders in defence costing points as he was throwing a hissy fit because the club refused to buy all his transfer targets.

Eddy_JukeZ

https://formation-y.com/en/league/premier_league.html

No one else in the top seven plays a 4231. The system is dated and we seem reluctant to try anything else.
It's not always a fixed 4231 like in FM or FIFA tbf. There is more fluidity in a team's shape in possession and out of possession. That said, I don't like the double pivot and have always hated it.

The general structure of the team out of possession and in possession needs to be better.

Sviken

People on here really have short memories. Mourinho may have got more points in a season than Ole but he was equally miles off city and the football was dire most of the time - way worse than under Ole. As for winning 'a double' - the Carabao Cup and EL are hardly a double to be particularly proud of. Our football has been way more entertaining than under JM and look at the squad now compared to how Mou left it. Night and day. Time will of course decide the fate of Ole and last night was terrible, but as a fanbase we need to quit the reactionary BS and support the team and coaching staff. I am in full support of Ole but he has to deliver this season - no doubt. If he hasn't done that by the end of the season then it's time to talk about a change. Not when we're top of the league.
A City team that reached 100 points compared to the City team Ole faced - that reached 86 points, 5 points ahead of Mourinho's second place United team which reached 81 points (compared to Ole's best season at 74 points). I'd easily argue that if Mou faced that City team and he had Ole's players, he would have won the league with his eyes closed. As far as winning trophies, you're exhibiting a small time mentality. Trophies are trophies. Trophies are needed in order to breed a winning culture into a club, the one United of old had. Without them what are we doing? Competing for top 4 before inevitably falling into obscurity like Arsenal? And EL is a major trophy, as well as the Carabao. EL in particiular might not be a CL, but I doubt any player would overlook it

Maybe our football has been more entertaining overall compared to Mourinho's tenure, but then again Ole has had much better players at his disposal. All I know is that Mou achieved everything Ole did better, on top of winning us trophies. Jury is out on Ole, he has not delivered on anything as far as I'm concerned. And this is his make or break it season. If he can't win anything with these players, then he can't win no matter what you give him. The team is stacked. It should dominate every game now with clear and sensible gameplan and pattern of play instead of individual brilliant moments form Bruno, Ronaldo, Pogba or whoever has his day.

Reactions: Cheimoon
The system is dated
Feels like we're back in 2011, talking about Fergie playing obsolete zombie football 4-4-2.

There's no such thing as a "dated" system, formations aren't one-size-fits-all. Playing 4-2-3-1 didn't stop Bayern winning the CL just the other year. The problem is in how we implement the system.

And three other teams in the most recent PL top seven (much as I would love to call it a season now, no one making a point in good faith will try and say we have a "top seven" after four rounds) - Leicester, Spurs, and West Ham - played a 4-2-3-1 regularly. That's literally a majority.

MuFc_1992

I remember Henry saying during an interview that Pep programmes his players to get the ball into the final third then let's players make decisions for themselves. It's really obvious that our players haven't been taught that and need to figure things out from the back. A lot of it is probably down to repetitions in training so, its hardly a surprise that we struggle so much unless we are countering.

croadyman

I'm still dissapointed. Sad to see Ole can't form a team that has any sort of control in football games. Even with a squad like ours. 10 down or not, but we could have at least tried to keep some possession at times with the player material we have. And it's nothing new either. Even in our other games this season we hardly ever looked totally in control.
Yeah it's unbelievable that some of Ole's most ardent supporters don't seem to have any concern with how utterly shite we are at controlling games, I am just getting so bored of seeing teams just walk through our midfield because our coaching team seemingly put zero emphasis on actually keeping the bloody ball.

croadyman

I just hope one day soon we get a proper coach in to manage these exceptional group of players. Ole is not that guy. Him as Director of Football on the other hand would suit him down to the ground.
Don't hold your breath when our board don't give a shit about on the pitch success

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Yeah it's unbelievable that some of Ole's most ardent supporters don't seem to have any concern with how utterly shite we are at controlling games, I am just getting so bored of seeing teams just walk through our midfield because our coaching team seemingly put zero emphasis on actually keeping the bloody ball.
I was one of those ardent supporters. But I can no longer see any value in keeping Ole who appears tactically naïve when faced with adversity. It will cost us another year of silverware, which he will paper over through his impressive savviness in skirting around pointed questions posed by the media.

meamth

If you have the time, watch this video.

Sums it all for me, what do I stands for, what do I feel about Ole.

It's not blind support, but being a real United fan.

I wish that one day, all these massive overreactions will go away.

Yakuza_devils

With the money we spent, Wolves, Southampton & fecking Young Boys were the better team playing against us.

I see no improvement from last season even though we added Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho. It's still roller coaster from Ole.

Our style of play is still mainly relying on individual brilliance. The passings are slow and predictable, boring stuffs. Minimal off the ball movement. Look at how City, Liverpool and Chelsea play, it's day and night.

The excuses after more than 3 years:

1. Ole still need time to coach his team to play attacking football

2. Ole still need time to build his team. Now still missing CDM, RB, World class striker in Haaland, bla bla bla

3. Ole still need 3 to 4 transfer windows to get his team.

4. Ole is doing very well finishing top 4 two season in a row.

5. SAF also play zombie football in his last years at the club

6. No other manager can quarantee success so better stick with Ole

7. Those that can't see progress under Ole is spoilt and not a Top Red.

croadyman

If you have the time, watch this video.

Sums it all for me, what do I stands for, what do I feel about Ole.

It's not blind support, but being a real United fan.

I wish that one day, all these massive overreactions will go away.
I wish these pair of Ole inner clowns actually had the balls to comment on how utterly crap we are at controlling a game rather than being cowardly and skirting round the problem like the majority of these top reds in our fanbase. The best person I think to speak on this club is that Jay Daly from United Stand who will never sugarcoat things which is so refreshing

meamth

With the money we spent, Wolves, Southampton & fecking Young Boys were the better team playing against us.

I see no improvement from last season even though we added Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho. It's still roller coaster from Ole.

Our style of play is still mainly relying on individual brilliance. The passings are slow and predictable, boring stuffs. Minimal off the ball movement. Look at how City, Liverpool and Chelsea play, it's day and night.

2. Ole still need time to build his team. Now still missing CDM, RB, World class striker in Haaland, bla bla bla

1. We played attacking football more often than not since Ole came in.

2. This team is good enough to win something, this is the season to prove it.

3. Nope, who said that?

4. Considering the fact that he did it during his rebuild, that was impressive. That's a fact you cant fabricate. I don't want to hear excuses about Chelsea being shit or Liverpool being shit, the table doesn't lie.

5. He actually did. Some of the games was atrocious to watch.

6. Of course there are managers out there, but why change when we're on the rise?

7. Actually, this is true. You want to chop and changing managers because we're an elite club we should be chasing for prestige and prestige only. Being a United fan is more than that, it's the romantiscm of how we gained those successful stories.

meamth

I wish these pair of Ole inner clowns actually had the balls to comment on how utterly crap we are at controlling a game rather than being cowardly and skirting round the problem like the majority of these top reds in our fanbase. The best person I think to speak on this club is that Jay Daly from United Stand who will never sugarcoat things which is so refreshing
Yeah. It is still utter nonsense to believe we can't control the game of football despite being getting results.

Fine we haven't win trophies, but like you and the united stand dude has been using hyperbole to suggest we can't do it at all.

Which is a complete nonsense.

A incompetent manager like Ole should've failed to build this team we have now, and consistently failed to qualify for CL if all the things you all said is true.

Fact is, Ole has done it over and over again, there's no way we can't believe he will improve from where he is now.

That's the reality.

croadyman

Every single one of these points is bang on but some people just want me to ostriches so don't waste your breath

croadyman

Yeah. It is still utter nonsense to believe we can't control the game of football despite being getting results.

Fine we haven't win trophies, but like you and the united stand dude is being using hyperbole to suggest we can't do it at all.
Alright then when did we actually last control a game for 90 mins do enlighten me on that

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I didn’t know others could change your thread title. Would it have to be a site admin?
Yeah, it will have to be a mod.

Someone couldn't just take the criticism and probably pissed the pants thinking of backlash when the results go bad again in coming weeks.

croadyman

Fine we haven't win trophies, but like you and the united stand dude has been using hyperbole to suggest we can't do it at all.

Which is a complete nonsense.

A incompetent manager like Ole should've failed to build this team we have now, and consistently failed to qualify for CL if all the things you all said is true.

Fact is, Ole has done it over and over again, there's no way we can't believe he will improve from where he is now.

That's the reality.
IF he had actually not just appointed the Utd old boys when he got the job then wouldn't have lost me way back in March 2019

meamth

IF he had actually not just appointed the Utd old boys when he got the job then wouldn't have lost me way back in March 2019
Well other clubs do tend to hire old boys to their coaching or management roles.

It is a problem for Ole, but not for other managers. That's weird, isn't it?

We lost some identity since Moyes was appointed.

This team feels like United again.

mu4c_20le

Yeah, it will have to be a mod.

Someone couldn't just take the criticism and probably pissed the pants thinking of backlash when the results go bad again in coming weeks.
Yeah that must be it :lol: never mind the fact that the thread is already 100 pages. Do you check this every day? The reaction to a harmless title change is hilarious

meamth

Yeah that must be it :lol: never mind the fact that the thread is already 100 pages. Do you check this every day? The reaction to a harmless title change is hilarious
It's good the mods acknowledged that poor coaching thing is pure nonsense. :lol:

croadyman

Well other clubs do tend to hire old boys to their coaching or management roles.

It is a problem for Ole, but not for other managers. That's weird, isn't it?

We lost some identity since Moyes was appointed.

This team feels like United again.
Yeah Chelsea springs to mind but fair play to their ruthless board they soon realised what a mistake it was to appoint Lampard and did the right thing by pulling the trigger on him early enough to save the season, I will acknowledge that it can work appointing old boys to coaching roles but only if your manager is elite level like a Klopp/Pep/Tuchel not just a good man manager with little coaching ability.

owlo

Feck me, this forum is getting to RAWK levels of toxicity when even the staff are taking sides and changing topic titles to WUM/Express an opinion that will wind others up.

owlo

I’ve seen mods edit individual posts in this manner on other clubs’ forums but thought Redcafe was above this.
It's reflective of the state of chaos and civil war within the fan base currently. Worse than under LVG and Mou. Kinda sad.

Also proof that OGS is not 'bringing the fans/club together.' I remember more boredom, despair, and desperation, but never this level of shithousery.

meamth

Yeah Chelsea springs to mind but fair play to their ruthless board they soon realised what a mistake it was to appoint Lampard and did the right thing by pulling the trigger on him early enough to save the season, I will acknowledge that it can work appointing old boys to coaching roles but only if your manager is elite level like a Klopp/Pep/Tuchel not just a good man manager with little coaching ability.
Lampard was given so many players and during the season he seems to lost the dressing room and finally the board.

Ole hasn't got to the stage yet in 3 seasons, pretty impressive stuff if you ask me.

Who can blame Ole for entrusting the coaches like Fergie did?

Like I said, I'm judging Ole this season, no trophies, he has to go.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
It's reflective of the state of chaos and civil war within the fan base currently. Worse than under LVG and Mou. Kinda sad.

Also proof that OGS is not 'bringing the fans/club together.' I remember more boredom, despair, and desperation, but never this level of shithousery.
To be fair Redcafe may not be reflective of overall fan sentiment, so maybe the majority are still very happy with Ole, I don’t know.

But now that we’ve stooped to this level, maybe an Ole-outer mod somewhere would want to change the title of Ole’s performance thread to “Performances”, with quotation marks. That would be fun:wenger:

NK86

Where does this needs to win silverware this year to keep his job come from, nope just needs to secure that champions league money and those yankee leeches will be rejoicing in their vast Florida mansions as always
Issue is those leeches have spent good money on players. However the decision to let go of a manager should not be reliant on owners who barely have football knowledge. This should sit with the CEO. If the man in that seat is useless, then we will suffer as we are now.

Problem is the pals in media which Ole has. None of them is pointing out that how we have no patterns of play, how we have deadwood like Lingard and Jones on such high salary still in our squad, how we are hoarding players for the sake of it. Unfortunately if it was someone else, they would have turned on him by now. Even Keane is very lenient on Ole when he is someone who would call spade a spade.

NK86

Lampard was given so many players and during the season he seems to lost the dressing room and finally the board.

Ole hasn't got to the stage yet in 3 seasons, pretty impressive stuff if you ask me.

Who can blame Ole for entrusting the coaches like Fergie did?

Like I said, I'm judging Ole this season, no trophies, he has to go.
I would say a Carabao cup should also not save him. If he gets knocked out of the CL group stages this time as well, we should get rid immediately else we risk the chance of having a sulking Ronaldo.

Yakuza_devils

1. We played attacking football more often than not since Ole came in.

2. This team is good enough to win something, this is the season to prove it.

3. Nope, who said that?

4. Considering the fact that he did it during his rebuild, that was impressive. That's a fact you cant fabricate. I don't want to hear excuses about Chelsea being shit or Liverpool being shit, the table doesn't lie.

5. He actually did. Some of the games was atrocious to watch.

6. Of course there are managers out there, but why change when we're on the rise?

7. Actually, this is true. You want to chop and changing managers because we're an elite club we should be chasing for prestige and prestige only. Being a United fan is more than that, it's the romantiscm of how we gained those successful stories.
1. Let's just say our definition of attacking football is very different. Or make it simpler, ask opposition fans' general consensus whether man utd is an entertaining attacking team and you will get your answer.

2. Win something? Man Utd should aims for the league and CL. Anyway, hope u are right on this.

3. Go read more and you will find it in the forum.

4. Only Ole has 3 years and hundreds of millions for rebuild.

5. Can't believe u really put down SAF in order to make your point on Ole. SAF won MAJOR titles doing that.

6. On the rise with 2 TOP 4 finish and zombie outdated football? If this is the standard then no point replacing Ole with better manager.

7. Top Red