We are an awfully coached team

ghagua

Just think how good we'll be when we get a top class manager that brings something to the table :drool:

This is what I don't understand. The owners are totally happy accepting the top 4 finishes which Ole is providing. They do not care about winning trophies, they make money if we are in the top 4 and competing in the Champions League.

We are falling into the same trap that Arsenal did. Look at the talent we have in the squad, we should be challenging for the title and all the top trophies, but we won't with the manager and coaching we have. Can anyone tell me with a straight face that we can compete for trophies with the way we are playing and being managed right now?

I got a warning for comments made about this. I was not rude or being offensive, but stating a fact.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This is what I don't understand. The owners are totally happy accepting the top 4 finishes which Ole is providing. They do not care about winning trophies, they make money if we are in the top 4 and competing in the Champions League.

We are falling into the same trap that Arsenal did. Look at the talent we have in the squad, we should be challenging for the title and all the top trophies, but we won't with the manager and coaching we have. Can anyone tell me with a straight face that we can compete for trophies with the way we are playing and being managed right now?

I got a warning for comments made about this. I was not rude or being offensive, but stating a fact.
The funny thing about it all is that Woodward failed Moyes, LVG (5th choice players signed) and Jose, but was happy to fire them off. Now, Woodward and his guys have delivered some top class players for Ole, but they don't want to act. Nobody would actually blame them if they did and would probably thank Ole and look forward to seeing our top class team finally hit it's potential. We finally have arguably the best team/squad in the world and we seemingly just don't care how we get on. Perhaps if there's a few more poor performances and/or results they might act, but I just don't feel that is the case.

Foxbatt

what did they initially buy him for, good looks?
Wait until next year and he starts to play like everyone else in the team.
Isn't it up to the coaches to get the team to play with a fast tempo? They have been there for three years now.

thesheriffjw

Sancho, greenwood, vdb, are just 3 players who could be so much better if not for ole.

Sanchos a RW not a LW
Greenwoods a striker
Vdb, from his ajax time, is a classy midfielder

if it wasnt for ole playing them out of position to fit in his mates, things could be so different

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Indeed, fancy that. A 4-time CL winner with 14/14 wins in major finals is actually a good player.

Some of these leaks really are a bunch of BS or the club think the whole club has a collective Ronaldo amnesia from the past 15 years.

Foxbatt

Indeed, fancy that. A 4-time CL winner with 14/14 wins in major finals is actually a good player.

Some of these leaks really are a bunch of BS or the club think the whole club has a collective Ronaldo amnesia from the past 15 years.
Didn't he also win the WC?

Chappie1984

“ole was needed to do the same job as Lampard”

What, feck up completely in a matter of months?
In regards to steadying the ship,before we can move on again,lampard held the reigns whist they had a transfer problem where as ole needed to install the feel good factor again,my argument is neither were there for the long term and neither was going to win anything and onky got the chance due to the fact they played for the clubs in question,funny enough like lampard noone is screaming for his name to be there manager same thing will happen to ole

Chappie1984

Sancho, greenwood, vdb, are just 3 players who could be so much better if not for ole.

Sanchos a RW not a LW
Greenwoods a striker

if it wasnt for ole playing them out of position to fit in his mates, things could be so different
So true its frustrating

UDontMessWith24

Sanchos a RW not a LW
Greenwoods a striker

It’s going to be maddening watching DVB at his new side. We’d be talking about one of the best midfielders in the world if he was playing for Pep or Klopp.

NoPace

I think the expectation was that he would sit deeper and Maguire would push forward more, like how Varane sat more and Ramos was more aggressive and the main guy in buildup, but we're hardly Madrid in terms of moving the ball so he's less of a deep sweeper here.

Duncan the Great

Yeah, it was absolutely shocking.
Can some tell me exactly why we ever signed the carthorse that is Maguire ? He rarely wins a header in the box and is fortunate he hasn't given more pens away, he barely gets of the ground at corners without pulling on opponents. IMO we should have gone for Mings, at least he competes in the air and is a hell of a lot faster. When he and Alex played together at Villa they were superb, admittedly in the championship but even so they were an outstanding duo at the centre of defence. And why is it we never have any cover round the back at corners ? We must have conceded more far post goals than the rest of the Premiership put together. Do we actually have a defensive coach or do we rely on Ole, an ex opportunist striker ?

Flexdegea

Sanchos a RW not a LW
Greenwoods a striker

Getting easier to spot them

Jackal981

Of all the games this season, the Villarreal one isn't the one I'm most concerned about. Strange.

We are horrible to watch though, I'll give you that. McTominay, number 6 role, 51 touches and 43 passes. Whilst a lot of the team seem a bit confused about the approach to take, having a CDM scared to take the ball and recycle it is a big problem if you're going to do with a 4-3-3/4-1-4-1.

We all know the gaping hole in this team is a good, solid deep lying playmaker as well as clear issues in how the team is prepared ahead of games, as this pattern of bad performances and an inability to dictate territory and the pace of the game is no coincidence.
The most concerning game for me is the Villa one. I dont see us scoring in that game even if we play another 90 mins. Attacking is a big pile of turd
Or we just get in a manager that does all of that?

I mean now we need to get him better coaches in every possible facet in order for Ole to be a great manager?

It's honestly nonsensical. The amount of placating towards him is something I've never seen before.

I know you're not trying to absolve him, but how much more does he need? Maybe it's just obvious by now that he's not a top level manager.

He is who he is. A solid-good manager capable of securing top 4 football whilst playing fairly average football without the tactical nous to implement a pressing game nor a controlled possession game nor the ability to content for trophies.

Managers don't suddenly become amazing after 10 years of coaching. It's rather evident right away. Maybe he needed a season to get to grips with the Premier League managing a big club, but he's been here 3 years now. This is what a Ole team will always look like. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Agreed. Biggest bollocks I have seen spouted by Ole fans. Hire coach X Y Z, then what does our club pay him for ? Be a cheerleader ? A mascot aside Fred the Red ?

Foxbatt

The most concerning game for me is the Villa one. I dont see us scoring in that game even if we play another 90 mins. Attacking is a big pile of turd

Agreed. Biggest bollocks I have seen spouted by Ole fans. Hire coach X Y Z, then what does our club pay him for ? Be a cheerleader ? A mascot aside Fred the Red ?
That's exactly what he is and why he is still there. Did you think he was hired for his coaching abilities or his track record of coaching?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Only way Ole gets removed is if the fans turn on him, as judging by the poor performances of late, that may be coming sooner than later.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
or perhaps it comes down to more of Ole v Ronaldo, Ole won't win that.
I think what could happen is the senior players turn on Ole after one too many tactical disaster classes. Top players know the difference between good mangers and someone like Ole

meamth

I think what could happen is the senior players turn on Ole after one too many tactical disaster classes. Top players know the difference between good mangers and someone like Ole
Funny how Ronaldo seems happy and delighted with the win.

Football is like this, you play awful, tactics is atrocious. You win, tactics is wonderful. You play bad but still win, you're championship material! :drool:

Players don't talk about tactics after the game, they only talk if they play good or bad.

Our players playing badly at the moment, they will get some form running and we play exceptional football again.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

Football is like this, you play awful, tactics is atrocious. You win, tactics is wonderful. You play bad but still win, you're championship material! :drool:

Players don't talk about tactics after the game, they only talk if they play good or bad.
Everyone was delighted we finally won after the bad results and performances of the games prior.

meamth

Everyone was delighted we finally won after the bad results and performances of the games prior.
Yeah. But for 3 years we didn't see Bruno, Rashford, Pogba came out and criticize Ole.

You said anytime can happen, but it has been 3 years.

And in those moments when we lose important games, they always talk about how they played badly, nothing about the tactics or coaching.

Last edited:

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Yeah. But for 3 years we didn't see Bruno, Rashford, Pogba came out and criticize Ole.

You said anytime can happen, but it has been 3 years.

And in those moments when we lose important games, they always talk about how they played badly, nothing about the tactics or coaching.
Ole has had over 3 years to implement a style, as hes admitted recently he’s still trying to work out his style of play, he still cant play against a low block successfully for some reason.
During the Villareal game did you notice how bad we pass the ball about as a team? Apart from Bruno or Pogba all we do is pass the ball side ways, theres no penetration or playing a ball through the lines. Its as if we are scared to try a through ball for fear of losing the ball. Very frustrating

Jackal981

That's exactly what he is and why he is still there. Did you think he was hired for his coaching abilities or his track record of coaching?
Basically he is hired to bring good vibes. Might as well hire a weed dealer as our manager then

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Our players playing badly at the moment, they will get some form running and we play exceptional football again.
This is true and i think a lot of people forget that admist the poor performances.

Besides Leeds and Newcastle we've really had a pretty poor start to the season performance wise, but we've shown we are capable of playing much better then we are currently doing

Now of course if we keep performing like we have done lately we are in trouble, but i doubt that will be the case

captaincantona

Besides Leeds and Newcastle we've really had a pretty poor start to the season performance wise, but we've shown we are capable of playing much better then we are currently doing
Not in any way being smart...but exactly when have we shown that we are capable of playing much better other than our counter attacking displays against City etc.?

Seriously, on balance, if you can only point to let’s say 10 games out of the 100 odd Ole has been in charge- would you say that shows we are capable of playing much better or would it not be fair to say that on those occasions things went right for us?

Leeds open up and let us in so those games suit us, Southampton lost a man early and have form for capitulation...But beyond that, say RB last year, we were shit for most of that game and look at the result...surely you’re no talking about games like that.

I’m serious, let’s collectively try with our memories and our brains remember some non-counter attacking games where we all said afterward-great 90 minutes lads.

My point is, if it only happens that we do it once or twice a season it’s the exception - not the rule - meaning we are in fact a poor “footballing” side with talented footballers who drag us kicking and screaming through the end of games.(unless we set up without the ball and counter attack...where we actually look solid and dangerous)

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Not in any way being smart...but exactly when have we shown that we are capable of playing much better other than our counter attacking displays against City etc.?

Seriously, on balance, if you can only point to let’s say 10 games out of the 100 odd Ole has been in charge- would you say that shows we are capable of playing much better or would it not be fair to say that on those occasions things went right for us?

Leeds open up and let us in so those games suit us, Southampton lost a man early and have form for capitulation...But beyond that, say RB last year, we were shit for most of that game and look at the result...surely you’re no talking about games like that.

I’m serious, let’s collectively try with our memories and our brains remember some non-counter attacking games where we all said afterward-great 90 minutes lads.

My point is, if it only happens that we do it once or twice a season it’s the exception - not the rule - meaning we are in fact a poor “footballing” side with talented footballers who drag us kicking and screaming through the end of games.(unless we set up without the ball and counter attack...where we actually look solid and dangerous)
December - February last season and post lockdown in 19/20 we had a sustained run of good/decent performances. Also Oles time as caretaker, but i dont know if that should count

You dont end up 2nd in the league while playing like complete shit for 90% of the games. Thats not possible

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Again? When was the last time? About a decade ago.

captaincantona

December - February last season and post lockdown in 19/20 we had a sustained run of good/decent performances. Also Oles time as caretaker, but i dont know if that should count

You dont end up 2nd in the league while playing like complete shit for 90% of the games. Thats not possible
Don’t get me started on how we ended up second!!!!

I’ll respectfully disagree and go make some toast.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Sanchos a RW not a LW
Greenwoods a striker

Who are Ole mates?

thesheriffjw

Wow. Todays teamsheet????

what is ole doing? Its internationals next week so no need to rest players!!

Martial? McFred?
Pogba, ronaldo, sancho? Bench

WTF is going on??

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Can some tell me exactly why we ever signed the carthorse that is Maguire ? He rarely wins a header in the box and is fortunate he hasn't given more pens away, he barely gets of the ground at corners without pulling on opponents. IMO we should have gone for Mings, at least he competes in the air and is a hell of a lot faster. When he and Alex played together at Villa they were superb, admittedly in the championship but even so they were an outstanding duo at the centre of defence. And why is it we never have any cover round the back at corners ? We must have conceded more far post goals than the rest of the Premiership put together. Do we actually have a defensive coach or do we rely on Ole, an ex opportunist striker ?
Not sure about Mings. Not his biggest fan. But I'm also not the biggest fan of Maguire, either. The thing is, he's a decent defender who's been elevated way above his ability. He automatically plays every game when fit, he was made captain, and he's the first player on the team sheet. Basically, the responsibility he now has in this team is not commensurate with his ability. But that's the problem when you spend 80 million on someone and immediately make them captain. You put so much stock in them that they almost have to play.

AFC NimbleThumb

Not sure about Mings. Not his biggest fan. But I'm also not the biggest fan of Maguire, either. The thing is, he's a decent defender who's been elevated way above his ability. He automatically plays every game when fit, he was made captain, and he's the first player on the team sheet. Basically, the responsibility he now has in this team is not commensurate with his ability. But that's the problem when you spend 80 million on someone and immediately make them captain. You put so much stock in them that they almost have to play.
Been saying this for some time, he gained captain status & became untouchable despite a number of questionable performances; Ive listed them too many times on here.

He’s far from the worst CB but we should never have spent £80mil on him at that time; bar the season José actively tried to get sacked we conceded the most goals in a EPL season for some time. The idea of Maguire is far better than the player himself.

cyberman

Wow. Todays teamsheet????

what is ole doing? Its internationals next week so no need to rest players!!

Martial? McFred?
Pogba, ronaldo, sancho? Bench

WTF is going on??
We have looked shit for two games in a row now. I dont blame Ole for changing it up when he has so many options to choose from.

Crashoutcassius

the moaners thread is popping off. what was a thread about coaching has turned into the moaners 'ole performance thread' to discuss anything and everything that they want to moan about. today it is teamsheet, not coaching

largelyworried

You don't end up 2nd in the league while playing like complete shit for 90% of the games. That's not possible
It does speak to the fact that we seem to only play well in moments though, which kind of supports the idea that we're a group of talented individuals but don't play well as a cohesive unit. The number of solid 90 minutes performances are surprisingly few and far between, given that he's been around for, what, 150 games plus?

OleBoiii

Ole can't win on RedCafe :lol: Was he not criticized for not rotating enough previously? And weren't some people in here also afraid that Ronaldo was gonna run the club with Ole being too scared to bench him?

You can whine about McFred as much as you want, but it's still our best midfield-two. I'm glad that our manager isn't a hysteric mess that will change the midfield constantly in a desperate attempt to find magic that clearly isn't there. If the average RedCafe poster was allowed to pick our starting XI(and nothing else), then we would have been relegated long ago.

Foxbatt

The team is not an issue. The players he brought in should be good enough.
We should win today but it's the issue of his tactics.
As the two Owens said it's not an issue with Pogba but the tactic.