We are an awfully coached team

Eplel

Just read that the team has been given the week off, while OGS is back in Kristiansund with his family. WTF?!

It's true. When asked for a reason, Woodward reportedly replied:"What difference does it make?"

Foxbatt

Looking at analysis after the game vs City, it seems even the pundits who are ex-players, know the issue and the wrong tactical approach in this game. They are talking about the City full-backs exposing our wing-backs in a 3-5-2 formation. Now I'm sitting here wondering how Ole and his team are not aware of this in God's name. It seems that is basic teaching, something that you learn in U18 teams. How are they so clueless, it's just beyond me. I refuse to accept that they were not aware of City exposing AWB and totally dominating our right side.
The only thing remaining is that the players are no longer interested in being coached by Ole or not following his orders. They got the tactics so wrong, by the time City were 2 up, it was too late even to try something. But I'll get back to the first thing I said, and that is even the blind can see that this tactic is not working against teams such as City. Only our coaching staff couldn't see that.
I want Ole to be successful but such things are just pointing to the obvious and that is he is tactically weak.
It's not the City game alone. Owen and Scholes pointed out before the Liverpool game where it went wrong against Aston villa, and Leicester. The game v Liverpool went the exact way they said. If Owen and Scholes saw it before the Liverpool game why can't our coaches see it when it happened in the last three games we lost?

Laurencio

Just read that the team has been given the week off, while OGS is back in Kristiansund with his family. WTF?!
5-0 loss to Liverpool, 2-0 loss to City (could have easily been 5 or 6), and the players are rewarded with a week off. This club...

It's not the City game alone. Owen and Scholes pointed out before the Liverpool game where it went wrong against Aston villa, and Leicester. The game v Liverpool went the exact way they said. If Owen and Scholes saw it before the Liverpool game why can't our coaches see it when it happened in the last three games we lost?
They probably did, but they clearly have no clue how to prevent it from happening.

romufc

5-0 loss to Liverpool, 2-0 loss to City (could have easily been 5 or 6), and the players are rewarded with a week off. This club...
I'm surprised it has taken this long for people to realise what is happening.

This must be the only sporting team that I know of that rewards mediocrity.

Underperforming players get long term contracts with high wages.

Managers get long term contracts based on finishing 2nd, no one has looked at the football been played, weak mentality of the squad.

So why wouldn't the players be afforded time off, they worked hard to keep it to 2-0, it was a big achievement that. After Liverpool 5-0 loss, 2-0 probably felt like a win to Ole and the board.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

The fact that they stopped after 10 minutes. :lol:

"feck it, we'll do it live!"

Long Time Red

Standard of coaching hasn't improved much.

Potter is light years ahead of Rangnick.

Terrible first 30 minutes where we've been dominated and struggled to get out of our own half.

Lee565

Terrible first 30 minutes where we've been dominated and struggled to get out of our own half.
I dont rate ragnick and think potter has great potential but potter has been able to get players to suit his style, where as ragnick is saddled with a lot of players not suited to his style.

Long Time Red

I dont rate ragnick and think potter has great potential but potter has been able to get players to suit his style, where as ragnick is saddled with a lot of players not suited to his style.
That's not an excuse.

At best this Brighton team should be able to give us a 50/50 game.

This is pure tactics and coaching mismatch.

One coach is probably not far off Guardiola/Klopp level, the other marginally better than Ole.

AndySmith1990

Our players are thick as pig shit and lazy to boot. I wish we could hire Klopp or Pep for a few months just so some of you would finally grasp how hopeless this group of players are.

Volksie316

The only time this season, I have ever seen us with an ounce of control in any game, was under Carrick.

He was only in charge for a few matches, and honestly, I would bring him back, in a heartbeat.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
That's not an excuse.

At best this Brighton team should be able to give us a 50/50 game.

This is pure tactics and coaching mismatch.

One coach is probably not far off Guardiola/Klopp level, the other marginally better than Ole.
:lol:

Surprised you are presumably able to stand given how hard you are knee-jerking. Do you actually think the length of time a coach has to work with their players has no impact? Or that having multiple windows to recruit players suited for your approach doesn't matter?

Long Time Red

:lol:

Surprised you are presumably able to stand given how hard you are knee-jerking. Do you actually think the length of time a coach has to work with their players has no impact? Or that having multiple windows to recruit players suited for your approach doesn't matter?
This is unacceptably bad.

Give Potter a few weeks and he'd do heck of a lot better than what's been served up in this half of football.

Heck of a lot better.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I agree. Every player has to be at it. If one player isnt doing it, the whole thing goes tits up. If one note is off, it destroys the whole symphony.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Give Potter a few weeks and he'd do heck of a lot better than what's been served up in this half of football.

Heck of a lot better.
Given the recent leaks that have been all but confirmed as legitimate by Neville, this group of players seems unreceptive to coaching to a more or less unprecedented extent. I don't understand why you think Potter is uniquely suited to get a tune out of them given he's never worked with anyone even resembling an overpaid primadonna?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
With this set of players?
He's got no credentials. The players will throw him out the sooner he gets them to do something they disagree with.

Conte was the man for the job. These players are pampered and entitled as feck. But the board would rather have everyone be pally, keeping the illusion of good vibes so they can sell the marketing value of the club to sponsors.

OleGunnar20

Agreed. Been a big fan of Potter for a while but this squad would not work for him, it's a poisoned chalice with this collection of egotistical drek hanging around.

Heck of a lot better.
As much as I like him I just dont think he'd have the gravitas to control this monstrosity of a dressing room we've created. Say what you want about Ralph, he clearly knows football.

These players are un-fecking-coachable, they've shown time and time again. The collective mentality is clearly abysmal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

You are fecking joking here. Potter has been there for time, in an extremely well run club where the structure is completely in line with their vision where Potter fits in like a glove (yes, he is fantastic). But throw Potter into our team after being spanked by Liverpool, City, and Watford, looking absolutely hopeless and being lead by a clueless happy-go-lucky Ole, and there is no way he'd have this team playing like a team, let alone if he was installed as an interim with the fecking viper's nest of a dressing room doing all they can to transfer their responsibility onto the manager with their poisonous leaks.

There's quite a few good managerial candidates in terms of coaching. But the structure needs to be there to support them and the culture has to be the manager is more important than the players and if he wants a player out, the player needs to be fecked off. Ten Hag is used to a great setup, Rangnick can definitely create that setup if given the authority, and Enrique is both progressive but also fierce and won't suffer these cnuts lightly.

If we can't get Ten Hag in the summer (I don't see why we couldn't though) or if we want to wait for Enrique (if he would actually consider joining) until after the World Cup, Rangnick with ammunition over the summer holding the fort until a new manager would be fine with me. He'll go to town on this team in the summer if he's given the leeway.

Deanor44

As a lifelong Utd fan I have never had any dislike of our players until now! Other than DDG and Lindeloff the rest are either really poor or just a don’t give a toss as long as they get paid! Maguire is stealing a living, Sick of Bruno pointing and whinging….. Mc Fred is woefull…. I would rather watch Mata at nearly 40 ffs!!! Ralf just cannot get anything out of this lot and I doubt anyone can!!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

so we still blame the manager - this is manager number 3.
Are they all shite managers?

The players - its the players

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Because we still believed in the players.

It's now going to be abject performances under 5 separate coaches. The penny has dropped, this lot are not good enough.
Amazing how it took 5 managers then

90 + 5min

Previous managers weren't given the amount of protection RR is getting from the fanbase
Same was said about previous managers.

We got players that lack character. That is it. They don’t care enough and aren’t willing to put their head first to win games. No leaders and there could be lot said about football knowledge despite them being professionals.

Roboc7

Why was anyone expecting a quick fix?. The squad is a mess, we’ve spent years under Jose and Ole being a passive, ponderous, counter attacking team, no emphasis on pressing, very low work rate and playing outdated football.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
so we still blame the manager - this is manager number 3.
Are they all shite managers?

The players - its the players
Another squad overhaul will be very expensive. Rebuild the culture of the dressing room is no simple task either. I will use Arsenal as an example, Arsenal basically gave out lots of player for free to enforce the authority of Arteta as Head coach/Manager. The message is No player is bigger than Arteta in the dressing room, and it cost the club a lot of money.

Matthew1972

How can Thomas Tuechel take over a floundering Chelsea side and go unbeaten in his first 10 league matches (winning 7 - 24 points) as well as win the Champions League, and Rangnick (Tuechel's former coach and mentor) can take over a floundering United side and in his first 10 games struggle to earn points even against the league's bottom teams (winning 5 - 19 points)? Note that United have only played West Ham (W) and Wolves (L) of the top 7 in those 10 fixtures.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even with Ole's particularly poor set-up it was a few years into his "rebuild" before I really started to lose hope that whatever he was trying to do might take shape with just the right signings.

In the case of an interim bunch of coaches trying to turn a team that can't press into one that can within a few months, I wouldn't draw any real conclusions about the standard of our coaching. They could be great and still have us look a bit of a mess because the team very specifically wasn't built to do what these coaches want it to.

All that said, as with the manager my general feeling is that if they were as good as we'd want them to be then they wouldn't be here to do a temporary job until the end of the season. When you put yourself in a position where you have to make that sort of appointment, lower expectations accordingly.