We are an awfully coached team

buckooo1978

truly awful...

no overloading, poor movement, passing triangles, no ideas against a tight defence

never looked like a scoring until Maguire went up to their box and then we just had a minor threat

pathetic

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The prophecy has been fulfilled -- Paul Ince could have done it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its 100% the issue. We are probably one of the worst coached clubs in the big 5 leagues.

Funniest thing is Pochettino is just waiting and would be an instant improvement, and a huge one at that.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That's because there is a financial plan but not a footballing plan.

Some people think you can have both. But you can't. Not if they conflict.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I hate this "coaching" excuse, players should have professional pride in what they do. This isn't just me talking about United but in football as a whole, these players are paid a fortune, coached since they were an adolescent, they know how to play or should do. Too many players are happy to let coach after coach get sacked, but yes us fans happily blame the coach, its bullshit. Its not a coaching issue its a player attitude issue.

If players were paid more on a performance wage scale than *here take our money* us fans would see a massive improvement in quality.

Castia

Not surprising is it. Carrick has no coaching experience, McKenna is a young coach and Ole has little managerial experience at this level. Phelan is the only one with any sort of coaching history.

Crustanoid

Bye Ole, but the real constant underpinning our chronic failure is the owners. Remember that when he inevitably gets sacked

Remember the geese

We have the unique skill of making talented players look like they've never kicked a ball before. Then, all of a sudden, they'll go on a run of three or four games and make you wonder why you were ever worried. This has been the case ever since Fergie retired. Every little ray of light, or shoot of recovery isn't that at all. No, it's just torture for the mind. A little glimpse of what could have been, or indeed, what was, before descending back into a monotone abyss.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He just selected a 3 man midfield of Matic, Mata and DVB . My granny is faster than that midfield.

WTF was the defending for the first goal ? Who is covering our goal? Where is our full backs?

Second goal, why exactly would you get pulled against the ball ? There were 2 runners who weren't tracked but 3 of our defenders went to the player who had the ball. Seriously? I can coach better than these guys !

Ekeke

We have been the best coached under LVG
We had a clear pattern of play and every player had a job and knew what job it was. Should of not been sacked after winning the FA cup.
We were coached to pass the ball sideways at all times and never towards the goal. We were terrible to watch and our attacking players looked terrible, while we went up 3-4% possession

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Its 100% the issue. We are probably one of the worst coached clubs in the big 5 leagues.

Funniest thing is Pochettino is just waiting and would be an instant improvement, and a huge one at that.
Man, Poch preformed the exact same in his final days at Spurs and in the previous season at times.

hubbuh

I genuinely don't understand our lack of urgency. Does it start from the top in Martial? Does it start with Maguire's constant meandering on the ball? Is it Wan-Bissaka's lack of ability to penetrate? Is it Shaw's inability to overlap? Is it Matic's trepidation on the ball? Is it Bruno constantly giving the ball away? Our lack of width? Our lack of patterns of play, of moving into space, of giving a shit? It's likely a poisonous mix of all of the above. We are the epitome of one step forward, 2 steps back. Not just symbolically, but quite literally in the way we play. It's fecked.

VivaRonaldo85

I think most of this squad would be stunned to experience coaching by a proper top class coach. God knows what Cavani makes of this given the career he’s had.

These players need this ASAP. Ole, Phelan, Carrick at al are not doing the job it’s plain to see.

Oldyella

If his aim was to not score any goals and shit our pants when we finally get dispossessed
Roll it around the back 4 for 80% of the game, try and score one very functional goal. It worked a lot of the time but was awful to watch.

el3mel

I honestly still can't believe how easy the second half for the Turkish lot we were facing was. Forget about the loss a little bit, but we barely put any pressure or threat on them ! Un-fecking-believable. They looked to have the easiest time in their life against us.

I bet some teams in Turkish league put more pressure on them!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yea we have no method to our attack, especially if the team sits back like they did tonight. If Baldiola was coaching us, we would have hammered this lot.

I think Ole's time is up, which is sad because he is a club legend.

Njord

I see two key problems, one in defence and one in attack.

When we press high our defenders aren't proactive with their marking, and the opposition always seem to have an outlet to launch a counter attack. This happens again and again.

When we attack, we attack one by one. Every forward pass we try to make look difficult. There is a severe lack of movement, and attacks were players create openings for each other.

Both issues lies with the management.

Ole90+3

The team plays with no fluidity or purpose. Counter attack is the only way Ole know how to set up because it relies on individual qualities rather than a well coached team. If a team sits back or presses United then the plan goes to shit. Ole's record against the top 6 is so good because they tend to set out to attack, which can then be countered with a counter attack style of play. Ole has done more good than bad during his tenure but he's taken the team as far as he can. The only problem is that Poch will be the main contender and I'm not fully confident he's the right man either. Marco Rose is the guy but he's not leaving Monchengladbach. At least we have a decent squad which the next coach can work with.

Greck

I hate this "coaching" excuse, player should have professional pride in what they do. This isn't just me talking about United but in football as a whole, these players are paid a fortune, coached since they were an adolescent, they know how to play or should do. To many players are happy to let coach after coach get sacked, but yes us fans happily blame the coach, its bullshit. Its not a coaching issue its a player attitude issue.
The sheer amount of rival fans coming to back Ole during this time tells one all they need to know. Of course coaching is important. Did you not see us pumping balls into the box because we couldn't pass through the middle? What is a single player supposed to do? He can't make a pass to himself and beat a defensive wall on his own. There has to be movements elsewhere and those movements must be coordinated or they will just be headless chickens running

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Before you fix the coaching yo have to decide how you want to play. Then you have to employ a coach and players who can play that way.

We haven't even done that. There is no plan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Man, Poch preformed the exact same in his final days at Spurs and in the previous season at times.
Nah not this bad. We don't know how to pass the ball from our defenders to our midfielders to attackers. 0 ball progression despite the players we have. 0 ideas on how to break down any level of defence through team play. Its horrendous.

Judas

Open to offers
Tonight was like me fecking about on Fifa and just throwing lads anywhere I fancy. It was honestly bizarre to watch a bloke managing in the CL do it.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The sheer amount of rival fans coming to back Ole during this time tells one all they need to know. Of course coaching is important. Did you not see us pumping balls into the box because we couldn't pass through the middle? What is a single player supposed to do? He can't pass to himself and beat a defensive wall on his own
I'm not backing Ole, i'm telling you how it is, your quite happy to give players paid probably the highest in the league a fecking pass.

Okey

So many of us have said this ad nauseam for at least a year. It's plain to see really. And just as sad.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Nah not this bad. We don't know how to pass the ball from our defenders to our midfielders to attackers. 0 ball progression despite the players we have. 0 ideas on how to break down any level of defence through team play. Its horrendous.
I can give you countless games where we were the same, even with Poch we were always called bottlers, is that on Poch or the players? Or some phantom presence in the club?

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
We have great players but none of them are worldclass so you cant expect that game winning quality week in week out.. these guys need guidance from a tactically astute manager who can tell them where to be when to make the right runs when to cross when to pass in behind etc. We dont have that. Ole has one trick.. counter attack. It only works vs teams who underestimate us and go all out on offense or teams that only play one stlyle of football.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yes, we are.

No plan, no pattern or no style. Just a bunch of 11 individuals on the ground trying to do something.

Bringing a right back who can attack because our 50m signing attack. Playing Bruno deep , Rashford right, Cavani left.

Seriously WTF is happening?
Honestly though, this post could have been made at any point over the last 7 or 8 years. Its practically an evergreen post.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Was it an effective plan? No, unless you were one of the Barcelona fanboys who considered possession more important than points and winning leagues
Well, no and thats why he was sacked. I see nothing here. Absolutely nothing.

Greck

I'm not backing Ole, i'm telling you how it is, your quite happy to give players paid probably the highest in the league a fecking pass.
Since you know so much about the team, asides the obvious Pogba can you name the specific players with these attitude issues and the ones who are coasting and not trying