We are an awfully coached team

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Again, personally I would vote for “good squad, good manager” if asked right now, based on last season’s 3rd place finish and our start to this season.
  • We have only been winning at half-time in 1 of our last 6 matches across all competitions.
  • We had our worst start at home for 48 years with 3 successive matches without a win. We took 1 point from our first 4 home games. That made it the fewest ever in our history.
  • Our home points tally is bottom of the league (4/19 points).
  • Taking 7 points from our first 6 Premier League games this season, was our lowest tally since David Moyes' in 2013-14.
  • We've conceded first in 7 out of our last 9 matches.
How can our start this season have been good?

Ole was manager of a club in the 24th ranked league by UEFA Coefficiants. Next to the Bulgarian & Romanian leagues. Would you be happy to have their managers?

Molde have not missed him one bit since he left. His successor immediately won the League + Cup double, setting a record points total the very next season, when he finished 6th the season before. That successor Tor Ole Skullerud isn't even a football manager any more! Look it up. He had one season, then quit. What does that tell you?

Then his next successor the 2nd time, also won the League the very next season, which he wasn't able to do the 4 seasons previously. Why don't we get them? He actually won nothing in those 4 seasons. So it's not a stretch at all to believe we can do much better than him.

After all he hasn't changed our team in the 2 years since he's been here. We used to rely on Pogba, now we rely exactly the same way on Bruno instead. He hasn't got a clue how to incorporate Pogba or VDB alongside Bruno, so they now rot on the bench. We beat Leipzig 5-0 at home (Leipzig were the better team that match too, but it shows they were vulnerable). He then played a back 5 with 2 CDMs away vs. them, and still managed to be wide open, conceding in the 2nd min. Even knowing they didn't even play a striker, he still left 3 CBs marking no-one.

This squad isn't far off challenging under a competent manager, it's a credit to their quality how they're able to come back and win matches, after Ole setting them up to fail every match.

Last edited:

romufc

After all he hasn't changed our team in the 2 years since he's been here. We used to rely on Pogba, now we rely exactly the same way on Bruno instead. He hasn't got a clue how to incorporate Pogba or VDB alongside Bruno, so they now rot on the bench. He played a back 5 with 2 CDMs vs. Leipzig, and still managed to be wide open, conceding in the 2nd min.
This. I have backed Ole all this way. Giving him one excuse after another. Now its been 2 years, I look at it in a way. Where have we come in 2 years?

The answer? Nowhere.

2 years - Hassnhutl has a style of play
6 months - Jose has a style of play
1 year - Lampard has a style of play
2 years - Nagglesman has a style of play

We go to PSG set up defensively and it works, great.

We play a diamond against Leipzig and it works, great.
We play a diamond against Arsenal and cant make a clear cup opening and cut open at the back.
We go 1/2/3 in games before we play football.

We went to Leipzig with 7 defenders and they could have been out of sight in 30 mins, what coaching is that? Lets be solid, the bloody wing back is open and scoring back post goals.

I have backed Ole so hard, I always knew he isnt the man for the job but gave him the benefit of doubt due to various reasons, one being our good finish last year. However; that was last season, there has been 0 improvement this season, we are no better than what we are this time last year.

We do score more goals and look better attacking but that is like 20 mins per game if that.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
This. I have backed Ole all this way. Giving him one excuse after another. Now its been 2 years, I look at it in a way. Where have we come in 2 years?

The answer? Nowhere.

We play a diamond against Arsenal and cant make a clear cup opening and cut open at the back.

We went to Leipzig with 7 defenders and they could have been out of sight in 30 mins, what coaching is that? Lets be solid, the bloody wing back is open and scoring back post goals.

I have backed Ole so hard, I always knew he isnt the man for the job but gave him the benefit of doubt due to various reasons, one being our good finish last year. However; that was last season, there has been 0 improvement this season, we are no better than what we are this time last year.

We do score more goals and look better attacking but that is like 20 mins per game if that.
I don't even think Ole himself could say what he's going to do from one week to the next, let alone the players know. We change the system and players every match like you say. He's yet to name the same team in consecutive matches this season. For all the talk of foundations he's supposedly building, I say what foundations? After two years now, It really feels like he's just throwing $#*% at the wall hoping it sticks.

Last edited:

Sea-Cow

I don't know what season you watched. We spent the majority of last season threatening to break our all-time worst records:
  • Our start of 9 points from the first 7 league games was our lowest record for 30 years (since 1989-90 season).
  • By October 3rd 2019; Our run of 10 matches without an away win (D4 L6), was our longest run without an away win across all comps for 30 years. – We last went on a longer winless run on the road between February and September 1989 (run of 11).
  • By January 24th 2020; We was 5th on 34 pts., which was the same as Wolves in 7th. A return of 34 pts. from 24 games was our lowest again for 30 years since (1989-1990), when we ended up finishing 13th.
  • 34 pts after 24 matches, was six points fewer after the same number of games than we had under David Moyes in 2013-14 and Louis van Gaal in 2015-16.
  • At that point Solskjaer had the worst points-per-game ratio (1.64) than any of the others post-SAF, with Mourinho on 1.89, Van Gaal on 1.79 and Moyes on 1.68. Solskjaer had won 49.2% of games as United manager, which was the worst ratio of anyone in the Old Trafford dugout for 30 years since Dave Sexton (40.3) between August 1977 and April 1981.
  • Since GW6 (22nd September 2019), we were no higher than 5th in the league until GW 37.
  • We made Top 4 for the first time last season in GW 37 (22nd July).
  • We then confirmed it vs. Leicester on the final day of the season (26 July).
  • We finished on 66 points. That would not have been enough for Top 4 in the last 5/6 seasons. - We finished 6th on 69 points back in Mourinho's 1st season (16/17).
To compare Ole's PL record overall with Mourinho's, he is 1 loss away from totaling Mourinho's record in 24 fewer matches (16 in 69 vs. 17 in 93).
Overall Ole's points per game is lower than Mourinho's too (1.81 ppg in 67 vs. 1.89 ppg in 93).

If you're not being results orientated, how can you not say last season was anything other than shocking?
If I was a teenager I think I would call this post a mic drop. There really is nothing to add. Any response or attempt at a rebuttal is just desperate grasping at straws out of respect for a club legend.

This squad is incredibly expensive and full of internationals. I am convinced a better manager could get us performing at a much higher level.

Or maybe the club is just fecked and we would still fail even if we brought on Jesus C. himself to be the manager.

Lentwood

• We have only been winning at half-time in 1 of our last 6 matches across all competitions.
Irrelevant because games are two halves, not just one. By your logic, I could argue we have had an amazing start because of our 2nd half record.
  • We had our worst start at home for 48 years with 3 successive matches without a win. We took 1 point from our first 4 home games. That made it the fewest ever in our history.
Again, irrelevant really. Why focus only on the home results? Especially after we only had a two week pre-season and three of those games where Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham? By your logic I could say we have had an amazing start because we have won all of our away games, setting a club record in the process.
See above. By your same logic we have had an amazing start because we have the highest away points tally
  • Taking 7 points from our first 6 Premier League games this season, was our lowest tally since David Moyes' in 2013-14.
Irrelevant. PL season's don't last 6 games. By your logic, I could say Ole is the best manager in England because our record post-lockdown last year was the best in the country
Irrelevant. By your logic, we have had an amazing start because our record of coming from behind is so good.

The knee-jerkers on here will use any statistic they can find to beat Ole with but they forget the one simple truth - last year we finished 3rd with a squad that was not the 3rd best squad in the league. That is also my answer to your other question which I believe was 'how can I say we overachieved last year'?.

I'll turn that question back on you - unless you believe we had a better squad than Liverpool or City last year, how can you not at least say we didn't achieve the best we possibly could have?

Last edited:

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius

Ole was manager of a club in the 24th ranked league by UEFA Coefficiants. Next to the Bulgarian & Romanian leagues. Would you be happy to have their managers?

Molde have not missed him one bit since he left. His successor immediately won the League + Cup double, setting a record points total the very next season, when he finished 6th the season before. That successor Tor Ole Skullerud isn't even a football manager any more! Look it up. He had one season, then quit. What does that tell you?

Then his next successor the 2nd time, also won the League the very next season, which he wasn't able to do the 4 seasons previously. Why don't we get them? He actually won nothing in those 4 seasons. So it's not a stretch at all to believe we can do much better than him.

After all he hasn't changed our team in the 2 years since he's been here. We used to rely on Pogba, now we rely exactly the same way on Bruno instead. He hasn't got a clue how to incorporate Pogba or VDB alongside Bruno, so they now rot on the bench. We beat Leipzig 5-0 at home (Leipzig were the better team that match too, but it shows they were vulnerable). He then played a back 5 with 2 CDMs away vs. them, and still managed to be wide open, conceding in the 2nd min. Even knowing they didn't even play a striker, he still left 3 CBs marking no-one.

This squad isn't far off challenging under a competent manager, it's a credit to their quality how they're able to come back and win matches, after Ole setting them up to fail every match.
Good post. Used to be on the Ole In bus. But clearly we aren't gonna win any trophies with him in charge.

Too much reliance on individual brilliance and no identifiable system or style of play.

If the players still want him in, at least the supporting staff need to be replaced. Something is very wrong.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

That is damning.
I really would love to hear how the 'Ole-in'ers can argue against these facts.
We thought that Moyes and LVG had broken all our negative records, but Ole came in and has taken things to a whole new level.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The knee-jerkers on here will use any statistic they can find to beat Ole with but they forget the one simple truth - last year we finished 3rd with a squad that was not the 3rd best squad in the league. That is also my answer to your other question which I believe was 'how can I say we overachieved last year'?.
(1) Last year was hit by Covid19, which effected a lot of clubs. It reduced their performance levels and as a result we got 3rd, because for some reason, we came out of lockdown firing on all cylinders (in particular Bruno).
(2) In Bruno, we bought arguably the best player in the World and other teams didn't.

But where's the proof of the 2 statements, above?
Proof of (1): despite finishing 3rd, this was our lowest points total in the league since SAF left. That includes the disastrous Moyes. It could be argued that Ole has performed worse than Moyes, for MUFC.
Proof of (2): Before Bruno arrived we were languishing in mid-table. He came and single handedly dragged us up the table.

I'll turn that question back on you - unless you believe we had a better squad than Liverpool or City last year, how can you not at least say we didn't achieve the best we possibly could have?
With Bruno in our team, I would say that we definitely had one of the best squads (man for man) in the league. I believe ours is the most expensive squad (someone needs to fact check this).
Take out Bruno from our team and we have maybe the 4th or 5th best squad, but without him we were on course to finish 8th-9th place (ie. mid table).

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Irrelevant because games are two halves, not just one. By your logic, I could argue we have had an amazing start because of our 2nd half record.
Again, irrelevant really. Why focus only on the home results? Especially after we only had a two week pre-season and three of those games where Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham? By your logic I could say we have had an amazing start because we have won all of our away games, setting a club record in the process.
See above. By your same logic we have had an amazing start because we have the highest away points tally
Irrelevant. PL season's don't last 6 games. By your logic, I could say Ole is the best manager in England because our record post-lockdown last year was the best in the country
Irrelevant. By your logic, we have had an amazing start because our record of coming from behind is so good.

How is it irrelevant? That's being results orientated. If we're conceding first all of the time, and are behind at half-time in almost every one of our matches, how is that not a massive problem? Do you seriously believe that it's sustainable to keep coming back in the 2nd half every match? It's not so much me focusing on home results that, we clearly haven't had a good start to the season. Our away record is heavily skewing the reality of our actual performances right now.

Knee-jerker? :lol:

I don't even need to use stats, because the truth is plainly on show every match, that we're getting away with poor performances, which will catch up with us eventually.

Because I'm not results orientated. Until Bruno arrived, we were absolutely terrible. I've shown the stats to you, it's undeniable. We hadn't been higher than 5th once previously, in fact, the first time we made top 4 was the penultimate matchweek. If not for the Covid break, we wouldn't have got our seriously injured players back (Rashford & Pogba), and we definitely would not have made top 4.

Forget finishing 3rd. Our points total of 66, would not have have been enough for top 4, in the last 5/6 seasons. Mourinho finished 6th on 69 points with us. So how can you say we achieved the best we possibly could have?
Ole was manager of a club in the 24th ranked league by UEFA Coefficients. Next to the Bulgarian & Romanian leagues. Would you be happy to have their managers?

Molde have not missed him since he left. His successor immediately won the League + Cup double, setting a record points total the very next season, when he finished 6th the season before. That successor Tor Ole Skullerud isn't even a football manager any more! Look it up. He had one season, then quit.

Then his next successor the 2nd time, also won the League the very next season, which he wasn't able to do the 4 seasons previously. He actually won nothing in those 4 seasons.

After all he hasn't changed our team in the 2 years since he's been here. We used to rely on Pogba, now we rely exactly the same way on Bruno instead.
What are your thoughts on that? Why do you believe a better manager can't get more out of us than Ole?

Foxbatt

A top class manager makes his players better and hence he gets a better squad. Some people say Ole made Martial a better player. Certainly after Jose left Martial started playing very well. So Ole made him better. But now he is playing terrible again. So did Ole made him worse now? Top managers make the team play better. We have not played better as a team. We have brilliant individuals who were already top class players before he came to United and they are showing what they can do occasionally.
Tomorrow we will know how good we are or how bad we are.

bsCallout

The answer? Nowhere.

But Ole has beaten all of them.

You can say Nagglesman has a style of play but their defence looked as bad as ours, in both games. At least out defence looked good in one.

edcunited1878

Christ on a bike. United didn't start the season off well and by that account, neither did City even if the only difference is that they advanced out of their easier CL Group.

But United have 19 points from 10 matches, the 3rd best start since they last won the PL eight years ago. While I do appreciate the use of stats, you're nit-picking to prove a point that has been well covered in that United didn't start the season poorly and we all know the reasons for it. It was already a big question mark going into the season with a proper rest and pre-season.

The biggest thing is that United are feast or famine in terms of results. Draws aren't bad and United only have 1 draw in 18 matches this season or however many matches - to Chelsea. Need points, that's the name of the game. Points.

The squad is far from challenging because the players don't have consistency. Not being clinical enough, continuing to not make the right decisions (e.g. Rashford), and having glaring holes at right forward are fine margins. The fine margins thing can be a joke, fine, but it's brutally true. United and Chelsea were both 3rd last season. One team clearly addressed their short-comings and pushed out the boat. Fine margins.

Ole has done a good job at United. Is he the best manager or most qualified, no. Same can be said for Lampard. But competently backing a manager and allowing them a full unadulterated swing for your wildest dreams is really all you can ask for. But that's back to back managers where they've had at least one arm tied behind their back and we're still wondering why they're stuttering and sputtering.

Continue to look forward. The 'start of the season' is at an end. United have 5 league matches from tomorrow until the end of the month. 15 points and there should be some real separation between teams going into the new year.

Lemon Moon

Yes, we are.

No plan, no pattern or no style. Just a bunch of 11 individuals on the ground trying to do something.

Bringing a right back who can attack because our 50m signing attack. Playing Bruno deep , Rashford right, Cavani left.

Seriously WTF is happening?
I agree with your points above, but I have a question..

What plan, pattern or style do you think we should play? & will suit us to succeed in today's Premier League?

Lentwood

How is it irrelevant? That's being results orientated. If we're conceding first all of the time, and are behind at half-time in almost every one of our matches, how is that not a massive problem? Do you seriously believe that it's sustainable to keep coming back in the 2nd half every match? It's not so much me focusing on home results that, we clearly haven't had a good start to the season. Our away record is heavily skewing the reality of our actual performances right now.

Knee-jerker? :lol:

I don't even need to use stats, because the truth is plainly on show every match, that we're getting away with poor performances, which will catch up with us eventually.

Because I'm not results orientated. Until Bruno arrived, we were absolutely terrible. I've shown the stats to you, it's undeniable. We hadn't been higher than 5th once previously, in fact, the first time we made top 4 was the penultimate matchweek. If not for the Covid break, we wouldn't have got our seriously injured players back (Rashford & Pogba), and we definitely would not have made top 4.

Forget finishing 3rd. Our points total of 66, would not have have been enough for top 4, in the last 5/6 seasons. Mourinho finished 6th on 69 points with us. So how can you say we achieved the best we possibly could have?

What are your thoughts on that? Why do you believe a better manager can't get more out of us than Ole?
The good thing about being pro-Ole is you don’t have to use obscure stats, you just repeat thar last season we finished 3rd and that’s all that needs to be said.

Even if you claim our improvement after Christmas is solely down to Fernandes, you then have to credit Ole for bringing him in, surely? It’s also a bit like me saying “Klopp is lucky he signed van Dijk” or “Utd only won the title in 93 and 94 because SAF got lucky by signing Cantona”

I don’t understand your point about Ole managing in Norway. It doesn’t make any difference to me, I’m judging him on the job he is doing here.

Ultimately, do I think he is the best tactician in the world? No. Do I think he has done a great job of improving the quality and attitude of our squad over the last 18 months? Yes.

I would be looking at some of the coaching staff to be honest. I’d like to add a world class coach or assistant manager into the mix.

croadyman

The good thing about being pro-Ole is you don’t have to use obscure stats, you just repeat thar last season we finished 3rd and that’s all that needs to be said.

Even if you claim our improvement after Christmas is solely down to Fernandes, you then have to credit Ole for bringing him in, surely? It’s also a bit like me saying “Klopp is lucky he signed van Dijk” or “Utd only won the title in 93 and 94 because SAF got lucky by signing Cantona”

I don’t understand your point about Ole managing in Norway. It doesn’t make any difference to me, I’m judging him on the job he is doing here.

Ultimately, do I think he is the best tactician in the world? No. Do I think he has done a great job of improving the quality and attitude of our squad over the last 18 months? Yes.

I would be looking at some of the coaching staff to be honest. I’d like to add a world class coach or assistant manager into the mix.
Yeah there is no doubt he needs better assistants than Carrick & McKenna but you do wonder what it would take for the penny to drop that having so much inexperience around him is doing him absolutely no favours and will sooner or later lead to more dropped points in the league

Web of Bissaka

I disagree.

Our football and playing style is clearly laissez-faire.
That means we don't need any coaching.

It's very simple. Players only need to come to trainings to get fitness and have more fun playing the games we usually do in trainings. Plenty of videos, clips and pics to show all the fun activities our players were having. Job of the coaches are easy. Ole's job is simply picking what formation and which players to play with every game.

In return, we maintain a good team morale, everyone are happy... except some like Bruno being a pest demanding jerk in trainings, he needs to learn how to chill.

TLDR/
Coaching won't help our chosen football style.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I disagree.

It's very simple. Players only need to come to trainings to get fitness and have more fun playing the games we usually do in trainings. Plenty of videos, clips and pics to show all the fun activities our players were having. Job of the coaches are easy. Ole's job is simply picking what formation and which players to play with every game.

In return, we maintain a good team morale, everyone are happy... except some like Bruno being a pest demanding jerk in trainings, he needs to learn how to chill.

TLDR/
The way you describe it, it's more like put 11 men and inshallah.

Jonesno.8

We certainly look like a side who are not coached in transition without the ball. We can go through the gears forwards when we have pace on the pitch but when we lose the ball against side who play a high press we don't look like we know where to be positionally. Dont know who are defensive coach is but if its just Ole and Carrick, there is your issue. We need a specialist to help.

M16Red

I don't understand why anyone would think an ex-player with zero experience and a under 23 coach from Chelsea both are juniors in the game, are good enough to run coaching sessions.

How meny of our ex-players have gone on to be great managers? Or even more than mid table?

M16Red

I disagree.

TLDR/
Disagree about training point, do you think athletes just train for fun?

The things you do on the training pitch will manifest on to game day, like in bold in you post - the training video are 60% closing down and passing circle training. How often do you see our player pass the ball and just stand still?

Bielsa has played that type of football since back when he started, It doesnt matter the players, he trains day in day out to play in that manner and in game day you know how they are going to play.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't understand why anyone would think an ex-player with zero experience and a under 23 coach from Chelsea both are juniors in the game, are good enough to run coaching sessions.

How meny of our ex-players have gone on to be great managers? Or even more than mid table?
To be fair Gary Neville left a mark in Valencia's history. What he did is almost irreplicable.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Was thinking about this thread recently, with regards to Chelsea. It was universally accepted that Frank Lampard had no clue how to coach his team to defend. They were a laughing stock for the amount and type of goals they would concede and complete inability to keep a clean sheet.

Then they signed a top keeper and top central defender. And now they have the best defence in the league.

Is this because signing those players coincided with Lampard suddenly improving as a coach?

DRM

Was thinking about this thread recently, with regards to Chelsea. It was universally accepted that Frank Lampard had no clue how to coach his team to defend. They were a laughing stock for the amount and type of goals they would concede and complete inability to keep a clean sheet.

Then they signed a top keeper and top central defender. And now they have the best defence in the league.

Is this because signing those players coincided with Lampard suddenly improving as a coach?

A big part of a coache's job is to identify his teams weakness and then doing what it takes to fix it. It's what Klopp did with Alisson and VDV, pep did with replacing haart for Edersson and Lampard as you've mentioned above.

We should not have gone into the season relying on martial as a CF and greenwood as our RW, who is talented but still quite raw. We should have signed a top quality CB. Instead we sign a midfielder we didn't need, an OK LB and a 34 yr old retired striker.

Baneofthegame

I feel a lot of Chelsea’s problems were due to Kepa, he was an atrocious keeper, both their left backs were also bad.

Good recruitment will always help a manager.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Of course his coaching suddenly got better. The same thing happened when Klopp signed Van Dijk and Alisson. The opposite happened to Guardiola when they lost Kompany.

Greck

Of course his coaching suddenly got better. The same thing happened when Klopp signed Van Dijk and Alisson. The opposite happened to Guardiola when they lost Kompany.
Yes there is a hint of fans mistaking personnel with tactics where they just look at the end product and make conclusion but in our case there's an undeniable coordination problem. For example we're talking about basic schoolboy goals where every single defensive player goes forward for a corner. Even in a kids videogame like football manager you give instructions on who goes up and who stays back for those, who goes to the near post, who stands at the far post and who stays at the center in case of a break. To watch a CL match where it seems the coach overlooked a most basic aspect of setpiece formation is just..wow..next level incompetent. It's hard not to deduce the individual players were left to the freedom of their own discretion on a coaching aspect the manager should have been the one to decide.

Furthermore the examples under Klopp and Pep were fixed after defensive reinforcements so it sort of becomes easy to say it was just the old personnel that sucked, with us the problems manifest after and in spite of defensive reinforcements.

Last edited:

thepolice123

Maybe he is trying to do what Bruce Lee did with Martial Arts. The art of formless football. No style is the best style.

Foxbatt

Maybe he is trying to do what Bruce Lee did with Martial Arts. The art of formless football. No style is the best style.
I think you could be right. I am now inclined to believe this. No one can be so incompetent. So this is a deliberate plan by Ole to implement his style of play. You can call it Confusing the enemy. But at this moment in time our players are not used to it still so they are getting confused themselves. Once they learn it properly we would become brilliant.

thepolice123

I think you could be right. I am now inclined to believe this. No one can be so incompetent. So this is a deliberate plan by Ole to implement his style of play. You can call it Confusing the enemy. But at this moment in time our players are not used to it still so they are getting confused themselves. Once they learn it properly we would become brilliant.
That should explain us mastering the art of self-destruction.

Womp

idiot
What about the fact the lost 5-0 in the reverse fixture to the terribly coached team? I don’t think Ole is a great manager but you can’t make comments like that when United hammered them at Old Trafford.
5-0 was not an accurate reflection of that game at all, anyone who isn't wearing their red tinted glasses will see that. I am allowed to make comments like that as it was very clear to me that performances that like are not sustainable in the current game to challenge for titles.

Even in the 5-0, they were the better team for the majority of the game, except for a late flurry of goals when their heads dropped. They thoroughly outplayed us in the second game, learning from their first loss, whilst we employed the same tactics and were hopeful. Not to add, they're moving on, we aren't. All while having a far less expensive and inferior squad.

Green_Red

I don't think coaching is the issue. We play without a proper striker, and usually with only 4 attack minded creative players in almost every game. Wish we had a deaensive minded midfielder that was capable of playing in a midfield with only 1 other midfielder.

DON’T PANIC ™

The aimless passing out from the back really annoys me. My heart is in my mouth each time Lindelof looks to play it square. We generally end up hoofing it up the pitch anyway so why bother?

Foxbatt

I actually thought we didn't do too badly today. There were some good movements too and we should have scored a couple from the near post corners. If and that is a big IF, we start getting our corners right, we should be able to be a huge threat from corners too. I am not disappointed today. It was a pragmatic match.

Hughie77

Dont think its poo coaching, in some games poor tactics, and wrong player selection. Today against city set up was very good, I think they all know Tuesday against RBL was wrong set up . That's why we have to chase games. The coaching is not the problem. Game management is in some that ole has to learn, Jose could do it in certain games, ole needs along with his staff to learn this quick.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The aimless passing out from the back really annoys me. My heart is in my mouth each time Lindelof looks to play it square. We generally end up hoofing it up the pitch anyway so why bother?
I think that's the only identifiable bit of what Ole wants, besides a preference for a 4231 formation. Were we to change that, we'd need a target man, and none of Rashford, Greenwood, or Martial are capable in that sense. Cavani, yes. Or Pogba if he's playing in the position (wide left) that he played in today.

I'd be a fan of it, mainly due to having a right back who is absolutely useless on the ball and not having a centre midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and has a decent passing range.

Mike Smalling

We have not scored in open play at Old Trafford since opening day. Yikes.

Edit: In the PL, of course.

Last edited: