We are an awfully coached team

el3mel

There's something I don't want to say but feel like I have to. I really, really don't find any joy in watching us anymore. The last 2 weeks were the most fun I had the entire season just because of lack of football. Watching us play this awful football isn't fun anymore, especially when you're not even challenging for anything big to warrant such awful football.

I'm at the point that I feel watching United matches is a job I have to do rather than 2 hours of mindless fun I look forward to 2 days a week. I almost feel angry when we don't win nowadays more due to me wasting 2 hours watching shit football without a payoff rather than being annoyed at the bad result itself, because there's even nothing big we're fighting for to even worry about, I would at least liked to enjoy some football but even this I can't get.

It's really a terrible feeling.

PoTMS

Just get rid of him. I'll even take another season of him (winning feck all at that) if it means we definitely won't extend his contract beyond next summer.

JG3001

Let’s be honest, if Rodgers didn’t have the Liverpool connection, we’d all have him here in an instant over Ole.

At home to fecking Brighton and all we can think to do is counter attack, with two sitting central midfielders against a team that doesnt play with central strikers.

How can anybody defend that?

lilcurt

Love Ole but our style of play is as bad as it has been with the last few managers. He has no trophies and we don't show real signs of progress. Why is there even talk of a new contract, mental!

You look at that starting 11 and it should be doing so much better. I'm usually the first to blame players, but when consistently they are almost all poor you really do need to look at the coaching. No patterns of play, terrible movement and slow to fall back into place.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Performances like this are our standard now, and apparently that means we should reward the man producing them with a new contract.

SER19

Brighton are better than us. Obviously we accumulate more points over a year because of depth and sheer quality of individuals. But Brighton, and many other lower teams are better balanced if judging by actual style of play and patterns or sense of identity. I do not know what we're doing. Ive watched football for 3 decades and am a very amateur tactician with an interest in that part of the game. I have no clue what our plan is.

Idxomer

We tried to talk about Potter and how he got his team to play better football than a lot of top teams including United but this kind of talk is too negative for the caf members these days.

OT_United

Just shocking from both the players and Ole. Again, Ole’s tactics are nonexistent. Just get it to Rashford and hope he can dribble past 5 players and put it in the top corner or hope Bruno scores from 20 yards. Utterly useless performance so far. Can’t help but feel trying a different formation is needed to have some unpredictability.

JustAGuest

Ideally I would like to see us go for Graham Potter. I doubt it will even be a possibility due to him not being a high profile manager, but this is the second time he is getting it completely spot on against us this season. I can't imagine what he would be able to do with our squad.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
There is no pattern of no play. It is difficult to understand what we achieve to do with the way players position, run(if they run) and pass. I like Ole but can't see him succeeding here, he is not good enough. Only thing we are good at is playing on counter against big teams. That's it. Otherwise we are woeful.

Lentwood

We need to do something drastically different at HT because this game is only going one way at the moment.

Greenwood has most of his touches in our half or out against the touchline which is such a waste.

I’d consider matching Brighton up in a 5-3-2 and getting Greenwood into the CF position with Cavani.

Move Rashford to RWB and bring a CB on for AWB

VivaRonaldo85

Even if we turn tonight’s game vs Brighton around and win ugly 2-1 say (looks unlikely so far), people who keep biting whenever Ole is anything like criticised, need to start thinking about the bigger picture here.

Is this brand of football satisfactory? Are we being coached to defend crosses, overlap our full backs and have our front 3 players make runs off the ball. I just don’t see any patterns or improvement in our actual football time and time again I’m afraid.

soapythecat

I got laughed off the Caf for suggesting I’d rather have Potter than Ole as United manager. But, again, he’s schooling Ole on tactics, set up and passages of play. Brighton are well drilled and you can clearly see what they are trying to do with the ball. Imagine if they had better players - like United?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The Ole cabal scoffed when we put Potter’s name forward months ago as being a manager capable of doing a better job than Solskjaer and I hope every single one of them are watching what’s unfolding tonight.

An utter embarrassment but not as embarrassing as the arrogant scoffing that went on by those obsessed with the mental notion that Solskjaer is doing as good a job here as anyone could possibly do.

Utter weirdos.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Utd just can't stop conceding the first goal (usually in the first attack also) against bottom of the table sides. Then it becomes an awful watch where Utd just can't create any decent chances. It has happened exactly like this so many times this season. I don't know if it is coaching or the players are just not good enough. I think the set up of the team is off. Seems that Utd let teams come on to them too much.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
At home to fecking Brighton and all we can think to do is counter attack, with two sitting central midfielders against a team that doesnt play with central strikers.

How can anybody defend that?
We're tired, man. Let us have a preseason or 8. We also need about £600,000,000,000 in transfers. And hopefully some easier teams to play against. Oh, and its so unfair that we've played during a global pandemic. Also, after all that, Ole has us in the top 4 which sees safe progression into the last 32 of the Europa league.

pablo__p

One thing I struggle to understand is if Ole is such a great man-manager why we see so many ball-less performances?

If he can't get good tactics right he should surely at least fire them up a little bit, no?

Red Star One

Sometimes you watch teams and you can tell after few minutes which elements of the game they have practiced recently, be it set pieces, build up, counter attack etc. It’s really months and months that I have no idea what our lads do in the training sessions. Looking clueless again.

Lentwood

It’s all well and good moaning and talking about being “awfully coached” but does anybody have a viable suggestion for what we could do differently?

Personally, I think we need a player like DCL. Wouldn’t be everybody’s favourite but I think a big physical presence like that would give us another dimension and force teams to think a bit differently.

padzilla

Hipster
Why does Rashford continue to stop and stand still when he gets the ball? It’s a bit weird.

SAFMUTD

Getting harder and harder to defend Ole as a coach, we've been consistently poor since January with an odd good performance here and there but mostly awful to watch.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
One thing I struggle to understand is if Ole is such a great man-manager why we see so many ball-less performances?

If he can't get good tactics right he should surely at least fire them up a little bit, no?
Hes so good that hes removed everything good out of Bruno too.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It’s all well and good moaning and talking about being “awfully coached” but does anybody have a viable suggestion for what we could do differently?

Personally, I think we need a player like DCL. Wouldn’t be everybody’s favourite but I think a big physical presence like that would give us another dimension and force teams to think a bit differently.
Another Fellaini you mean?

Will we get Moyes back too for 100 crosses a match?

hobbers

Another game of awful football and another reminder than Brighton have a much better manager and coaching team than we do.