We are an awfully coached team

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yes, we are.

No plan, no pattern or no style. Just a bunch of 11 individuals on the ground trying to do something.

Bringing a right back who can attack because our 50m signing cant attack. Playing Bruno deep , Rashford right, Cavani left.

Seriously WTF is happening?

Last edited:

Raw

This was apparent for many months. Since Ole started, have we even looked like having a particular effective style that wasn't just counter attacking against the top teams and relying on individual quality against the shit ones?

Jaykespeare88

Our imbalance due to lack of a proper right winger is destroying us. Not our only issue, but one of the main ones in my mind.

Reactions: Rood

bond19821982

We don't a collective pressing either. 2 of them go up while 1 of them jog back. We can't pass out from back either or we can't cross.

PoTMS

Water is wet.

Anyone who thinks this team is being coached properly has clearly never played football or understands very little about competitive football.

It wouldn't surprise me if the players are just told what formation to play and then just told to do their best.

lsd

The Oracle
We are an awful team with players who have no character or desire at all. You can't coach that

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We are mediocre team led by mediocre manager. We play some games better than our ability but then go back to our level.

Ekeke

This is has been the case since Moyes and LVG, through Mourinho and now Ole. We've never been a well coached team in all that time, we've relied on a few players connecting once or twice and making something happen

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I feel like we have said this for every coach since Sir Alex and even under Sir Alex at the end I would not say we were the best coached side going.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I've been saying it all along, Ole has no system other than counters and we're too reliant on the star players producing a moment of magic to get a goal.

Judas

Open to offers
He's not an attacking coach, and he's not got the ability to make us one. He's had us relying on individual moments of magic since he took over. It's boring and I'm tired Robbie.

Oldyella

We have some great players who will occasionally spark some great play, but while things stand as they are we will never be consistent, there is just no style of play. Hate it but Ole is not the guy.

Skills

Snitch
I feel like we have said this for every coach since Sir Alex and even under Sir Alex at the end I would not say we were the best coached side going.
I think we were a well drilled side under LVG. We were boring but that was mostly because we just lacked a lot of quality thanks to his poor signings. You might even say the system was too rigid but we were definitely a visibly coached side.

Baneofthegame

I've been saying this since last season, we have no identity outside of counter attacking.

Don't give us space to counter and we are poor.

Ollie Derbyshire

We are absolutely shocking, it doesn’t matter who we bring in player wise until we get people in who can actually coach they. We have looked like a team of strangers for years apart from the odd games here or there.

Absolute joke of a club.

Need to get shot of Ole and all his ‘coaches’ and bring in some actual quality that will not stand for these performances.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
We are mediocre team led by mediocre manager. We play some games better than our ability but then go back to our level.
We’re basically a mid table side, they have one great big match then lose to some randomers the following week.

Revan

Assumptionman
This is has been the case since Moyes and LVG, through Mourinho and now Ole. We've never been a well coached team in all that time, we've relied on a few players connecting once or twice and making something happen
Disagree about LVG. We were a very well coached team. We played totally boring football with him though.

Colin Clarke

Sunday was bad and a bad result, but tonight was worse. This side don't seem to care, they don't have any passion, any pride, or an iota of an idea on how to break teams down. All the hard work against Leipzig and P.S.G could be gone to waste. Had we won tonight and again at home to the Turks, job done. Now we need two performances out of three and I' m not convinced we will get them. Oh I'm sure we will get all the excuses and the " how disappointed" the team is but it didn't show out there, on the pitch where it matters. I am not Ole out but I am finding it very very very hard to think of an excuse or a reason why he shouldn't be sacked and I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

bond19821982

Disagree with LVG. He atleast had a plan boring or not.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Mentality of players, coaching, the planning of the transfer window, absolutely everything is going to shit.

drdoityourself

Phelan was there for Ferguson. But Ferguson needed Queiroz to help him evolve his tactics.

Since then he was sacked from Hull and semi-retired in Australia. Carrick had no experience and McKenna survived from an awfully drilled offence under Mourinho.

Surely Solskjær should have gotten someone with another background, more in touch with what is on top today. Pressing, patterns of play and just weight of passes are all wrong.

Even the small details are not properly drilled, for instance Bissaka repeatedly throwing throw-ins into the penis of the receiver, who is instantly closed down trying to get control and has to hoof it away.

There is not much evidence this coaching staff is in touch with what is working today, at elite level.

Rockets Redglare

I think it’s seen most obviously in how Fernandes has regressed since being “coached” at United.

Terminator

Just sit deep against us and that's it tactical genius! Ole has no clue what to do.

Idxomer

This team might be the worst coached one in any top league.

thepolice123

So easy to defend and counter-attack against us. Not sure what Ole is trying to implement by getting Maguire involved so high up the pitch. We play a possession oriented game in the final third but we lack movement and creativity. Our counter pressing is piss poor as well. This is not the first time we passed ourselves to death and then get caught by those long balls over the top. Spurs had one which was identical that had us exposed with Matic as the last man.

Posted this in the other thread. Soak up pressure and long balls over the top. Sunday league defence. Been a recurring theme this season. Palace had a few similar chances as well.

Our structure and system are very poorly implemented. Most of the time players are left to their own devices on the ball which results in us losing the ball in critical areas to be countered. Our counter pressing and last man defence are pathetic as well.

Greck

Many could have told you this 18 months ago but kept getting replied with every excuse under the sun. (Just needs a preseason to get them fit, players were just knackered, key players were injured, no depth, players aren't yet fit). So we just spent 18 months realising the obvious

Get a DoF asap, we can't let the manager position continue to be influenced by fan sentiment. A capable DoF would have seen through all the flimsy excuses a year ago

Ollie Derbyshire

Looks like the players have given up as well, as badly coached as they are, they could still put more of an effort in

Oldyella

I think LVG had us well coached, it was just a really boring style of football he had us coached in.

Peter Freedom

We have been the best coached under LVG
We had a clear pattern of play and every player had a job and knew what job it was. Should of not been sacked after winning the FA cup.

Ludens the Red

Says a lot when Paul Scholes at least five times now in his post match comments has more or less asked where is the coaching with this team. Closest you’ll get to any of Oles old team mates calling him out.