We are an awfully coached team

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We aren’t an awfully coached team at all. The team on the pitch is the result of our awful recruitment and contracts. Why are we stuck playing 3 strikers as an attack? Why don’t we even have one creative player in the front line, Why are we relying on Cavani when we already had 4/500k a week worth of supposed top quality strikers at our disposal? Why was martial made untouchable when Jose wanted him gone? It’s the owners leaving a weird squad and never fully following through to fix our glaring weaknesses. They’ll stop martial from being sold but they won’t sign a right winger or a proper young striker. What even is that? It’ll no doubt be more of the same this summer.

LondonRed

Imagine sacking him, that would be a really stupid decision.
Doesn’t have to be a club legend or even a big name. Just a coach, with a style of play, train the players how to play that style, and buy players that fit that style.That’s all. There’s plenty of candidates.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He is just a good man manager. Coaching wise, he is not even close to Pep, Klopp etc. Even Ancelotti.
I completely agree. We need good coaching staff to support him but unfortunately it's his old mates who are clueless who are there with him.

The other thing is that the players like him because he doesn't put them under pressure. I wonder what would happen if the expectations were where they should be for a club of our size. I reckon some of them might get a bit upset at being called out for their lack of quality, effort and desire.

mikel

So, 5 of 6 points dropped in the last 2 matches against relegation sides. Anyone watching that thinks this coaching staff can take this team further is not paying attention. Ole did what he was hired to accomplish. Its time to thank him for his good work and find the manager to take them to the next level. I'm not saying fire him today, but this is not the manager to win championships.

A real football person working on transfers might also be a good idea.

UmbroDays

Given how open we looked as soon as Fred went off should answer your question.
Because VDB played up front, he didn't sit with McT and it was 13 mins left to go, of course we'd look more open when most of our team are up front

Josep Dowling

The players are not doing enough at the moment. Rashford and Martial have been mostly terrible all season. What did Rashford do today other than walk into defenders? Martial was even worse.

We have too much reliance on Bruno to create anything. Everyone has been moaning for years about our lack of movement from our strikers. 3 separate managers and the same issue. What’s the common denominator here? Rashford and Martial have played under the last 3 managers.

My main issue with Ole is not making changes fast enough. Giving players like De Gea, Lindelof and Martial too many chances when they are not giving anything back.

Why not give VDB a chance in Pogba’s role rather than two holding midfielders who don’t provide much going forward.

PoTMS

Imagine sacking him, that would be a really stupid decision.
Imagine thinking that would be stupid. Oh wait, the only people that think that are the 'Ole In' fans. The rest of the United fans as well as rival fans actually can see how much of a hindrance Ole is to getting us to that next step.

United in sin

Our top players deserve a better manager and coaching staff. Our distinct lack of style and poor buildup play is very concerning

pablo__p

With the resources this club has sticking with Ole is a waste of time.

The question is if along with resources comes ambition. If it does, well, Solskjær won't win us the league, that's certain.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
It's good all the top reds managed to get the Ole Out thread locked. Otherwise it'd be getting spammed again and they'd try to pull out more nonsense from where the sun don't shine to justify another awful coaching performance against a Championship team.
I have implied this many times that coaching is the main issue. I even got banned by some of these top red because I questioned Ole ability. Gladly, a true United fan in Nial came and revoke it.

All, in all we are not coached well and it is something I have said so long. Some fans will blame quality, but we have Bruno who is the best attacking player in the league and several top defenders midfielders and attackers. Squad isn’t the problem, coaching is. When we were top of the league, it was just a false dawn as I easily saw through it.

Lee565

Yet another season goes by where ole's job is secure based on false dawns where we have a purple patch here and there throughout the season to convince the board and enough fans that we making so called progress

Dan_F

As usual. Need to be said to all the youngsters in here.

It is not tactics that are wrong. It is that our players, like Rashford, think they are better then they are.
Right. And that’s why Cavani touched the ball like three times? You’re right in the sense that the tactics can’t be wrong if you don’t have any to begin with.

West Brom probably created as many chances than us today with about 20% possession.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Imagine thinking that would be stupid. Oh wait, the only people that think that are the 'Ole In' fans. The rest of the United fans as well as rival fans actually can see how much of a hindrance Ole is to getting us to that next step.
So if news came out tomorrow morning that Ole had been sacked, you’d genuinely, hand-on-heart, think it was a sensible decision?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This game has summed up all my issues with the coaching team. No clear pattern of play, odd team selections, subs being made far too late into the game.

Also, we have been far too patchy under Ole, it's rather worrying.

ShinjiNinja26

We don’t create enough chances. You can’t have 70-80% possession and create next to feck all it’s not good enough. Cavani had nothing all game, can’t even say he was feeding off scraps cause he had literally nothing. You can’t go 90 mins with that much of the ball and not provide any chances for your striker.

dev1l

Right. And that’s why Cavani touched the ball like three times? You’re right in the sense that the tactics can’t be wrong if you don’t have any to begin with.

West Brom probably created as many chances than us today with about 20% possession.
How can Cavani touch the ball surrounded by 5 of them all the time.?

hobbers

On the form of the last 5 games we'll be finishing on less points than last season.

If we bottle it to that sort of extent Ole fanboys won't have a leg to stand on.

el3mel

Second half we were crap. Did feck all to create anything and our best chance was from a set piece or something. WBA had better chances, actually.

We're devoid of ideas.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I cant' believe that I'd be the one to defend Ole but....coaching has nothing to do with this. No one will be able to make Lindelof tough or Maguire fast. Sir Alex might return to management but he won't be able to make Martial give his 100% week in week out. The reality is that this team need a revamp. We can compete for top 4 but that is all.

PoTMS

So if news came out tomorrow morning that Ole had been sacked, you’d genuinely, hand-on-heart, think it was a sensible decision?
As long as we had someone ready to come in to replace him, otherwise it would be brainless. It would give the new manager some time to prepare for next season to get us ready for a potential title race.

OneUnited24

This game has summed up all my issues with the coaching team. No clear pattern of play, odd team selections, subs being made far too late into the game.

Also, we have been far too patchy under Ole, it's rather worrying.
At what point do players take responsibility ? The last few games they’ve looked like they haven’t got that spark. Given most of the team looks like that at is it coaching or does tiredness play a part?

I refuse to believe he sits there and is happy with how poor our movement is. Especially when it was good after the that Tottenham result. It’s only recent games we’ve looked this bad

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Doesn't even anger me as much anymore. I made peace with the situation a while back after going back and forth on here.

1. Ole isn't good enough.
2. Ole is going nowhere. He shields Woodward by being a United legend and has a team good enough to get top 4 (should be more imo).

Dan_F

How can Cavani touch the ball surrounded by 5 of them all the time.?
Martial does that and people would be absolutely slaughtering him. I’m not saying it’s Cavani’s fault, but it’s no coincidence that we’re shit whoever the personnel.

Betson

The best coaches in the world could not do a whole lot better with the players we have , we just have a lot of average players in key positions that all the coaching the world will not make any better.

M Bison

Supports
York City
As long as we had someone ready to come in to replace him, otherwise it would be brainless. It would give the new manager some time to prepare for next season to get us ready for a potential title race.
So on the assumption we don’t have someone lined up (neither of us know either way but I suspect not) would you still sack him?

MattofManchester

I think the big question marks lie in the fact that we still don't seem to have any kind of strategy to take apart park the bus teams and it has been the same problem for two seasons now.

bsCallout

Whether or not we are an awfully coached team -

We have one of the weakest GK's in the league. The manager now has to take responsibility for that; we have Henderson itching to play.
We have one of the weakest CB's(Lindelof) in the league.
We don't have a CDM.
We don't have a RW.

I'd argue it's a miracle we are where we are with such weak players through the spine of our team.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Weird how people say we have no style of play then go on to shout their anger at individual players in their threads.

Doesnt seem to line up

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
As usual. Need to be said to all the youngsters in here.

It is not tactics that are wrong. It is that our players, like Rashford, think they are better then they are.
The coaches should have the authority to explain to them what they are doing wrong and, you know, coach them to become better players.

In other words, the issue you have pointed out is still a coaching problem.

PoTMS

So on the assumption we don’t have someone lined up (neither of us know either way but I suspect not) would you still sack him?
I don't think it needs explaining that an average coach is better than no coach.

Dan_F

Take KDB and Aguero out of City’s team and they’re going to win the league. That’s a well coached team. Do we think Ole would be getting anything more of out of a front three of Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez?

sugar_kane

This thread is pretty handy for working out all the cranks that need blocking, thanks guys!

dove

The best coaches in the world could not do a whole lot better with the players we have , we just have a lot of average players in key positions that all the coaching the world will not make any better.
Couldn't be any more wrong.