We are an awfully coached team

Chief123

Been saying this. Games like this in Europe will prove it. It's all good when you are asked to defend and counter against PSG,RBL but when asked to dominate and win, we just sucks.
The state of some of these posts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s as clueless as your original post. We literally just did the opposite. We dominated from start to finish and blew them away.

el3mel

This second half was absolutely perfect. Our most complete performance this season.

Now if we can just start games like this.

Kag

This second half was absolutely perfect. Our most complete performance this season.

Now if we can just start games like this.
We sort of did tonight. The first half was an odd one; we were significantly better up until we went 2-1 down.

ManRed

Terrible coach needs to be replaced in the summer. No patterns of play and its all individual brilliance of Bruno, Pogba and Cavani.

Need to keep the jinx going guys

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Been saying this. Games like this in Europe will prove it. It's all good when you are asked to defend and counter against PSG,RBL but when asked to dominate and win, we just sucks.
We suck real bad. Real bad.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We were in complete control at the start, they attacked twice and scored both times. We conceded penalty from our throw-in, in Roma's half. We should have scored more in first half and in the end 6-2 is a deserving result, if anything it's bit flattering scoreline for Roma.

Gasolin

Did Ole coach some patterns of play at half time?
On CBS, Carragher just joked that maybe Ole really did not see Roma play at all at the Granada game and he saw them play the first half so he "adapted" for the 2nd half, and voila!

NZT-One

Did Ole coach some patterns of play at half time?
If we want to dig into the "classics" of the season - how can a team consisting of players so bad, that their quality was brought up often times when defending the manager against the unworthy fans, be able to put out a performance like today?

Its fun to see we have quite a few sore losers around here but also a lot of bad "winners"... Gloating after probably the best performance of the last three years and trying to lash into people daring to criticize things more three month ago...

Back to topic, whatever the manager does, it is working. For whatever reason, we started playing football a few weeks ago. And it suits us, who would have thought? It sure helps, that we have no major injuries and Pogba is hitting some form but I think, the biggest thing that changed is Ole adding Pogba to the team without putting him in the double pivot. Kudos for trying it. Well done, team should be proud of tonights performance.

Gasolin

Apparently, in 302 games from Moyes to Jose, United scored 5+ goals in a game only twice.
Under Ole, in 144 games, we have done that 9 times already.

We are on par to reach 18 to 19 at that ratio, and that ratio could even get better from now on.
That means that thrashing the opposition is now back into our mindset, and I think that is something that matters.
Also, it's like x9 to x10 across all managers from Moyes to Jose.

predator

Youth NITK
Almost everyone of our players seems happy. Ole is doing something right. Results will speak for themselves but if he keeps this squad motivated for next season then we are back in business.

hungrywing

Anyone think Fergie is running the half time team talks?
One thing Ole is almost certain to have picked up from SAF is to see adversity as actually an opportunity for growth.

I'd be surprised if he's not hammering this into the players. 'Down 1-2? It's a great chance for all of you to prove you are Manchester United players/To prove you're worthy of the tradition/those who've gone before you/To grow closer together.' That sort of thing.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
We were in complete control at the start, they attacked twice and scored both times. We conceded penalty from our throw-in, in Roma's half. We should have scored more in first half and in the end 6-2 is a deserving result, if anything it's bit flattering scoreline for Roma.
I was thinking the same. Cavani, Bruno, McTominay all had excellent chances. Just the Dzeko header for Roma.

Relem

The only manager we've had since Fergie who has got the team playing like United. He's done something that far more experienced and successful coaches couldn't. The persistent naysayers on the cafe are an embarrassment. They judge him on his historic pre United management achievements as opposed to the football they are seeing with their own eyes.

RedChisel

It's all about the individual brilliance of the 11 players on the pitch, nothing to do with Ole. No top manager relies on having capable players to win things.

Give Pep, Poch, Klopp or any of the other great one syllable managers out there a team of butchers from Barnsley and the patterns of play they would produce would be enough to challenge for trophies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is an extremely talented football manager and we are lucky to have him.
He’s doing very well and I love him but it’s also easy to forget that we have these classy match winning players when we are grinding out results on the regular. All this team needs to compete and play nice stuff a bit more often is keep Cavani and Pogba and add Sancho and another high class midfielder. Anything else would be a bonus. We are right on the cusp of being back amongst the best teams again and it is so sweet :drool:

OverratedOpinion

He’s doing very well and I love him but it’s also easy to forget that we have these classy match winning players when we are grinding out results on the regular. All this team needs to compete and play nice stuff a bit more often is keep Cavani and Pogba and add Sancho and another high class midfielder. Anything else would be a bonus. We are right on the cusp of being back amongst the best teams again and it is so sweet :drool:
Hmm,

Van Gaal had very good players, Moyes and Mourinho too. Yet this is the first time since Sir Alex that I actually feel we are on our way to being an elite team again.

I just feel he has done enough now for people to finally start admitting that he is clearly a manager with a lot of talent.

NZT-One

Hmm,

Van Gaal had very good players, Moyes and Mourinho too. Yet this is the first time since Sir Alex that I actually feel we are on our way to being an elite team again.

I just feel he has done enough now for people to finally start admitting that he is clearly a manager with a lot of talent.
So you feel like that? So what? You feeling something should change peoples stances, behaviours, postitions? Is there a chance, that some people around here take themselves far too serious? It is actually pretty funny, people making fun of some posters being triggered by anything Ole does or doesn't while these people are triggered by the actions of the posters. It is ridiculous. Just stop it, accept that other people have different view points, listen to them, try to understand, understand, decide for yourself, if it convinces you and then the other way around.

Some people complain that the redcafe is insufferable after bad results, it starts getting insufferable after good results as well.

tomaldinho1

Can you even try to specify what you mean by that?
To hazard a guess it’s that the game followed a very similar pattern to most games this season.

Face a weaker opponent, make it difficult for ourselves, take the handbrake off when we are forced to, play great football and win.

I actually think we have a great squad - individually we’re right up there but the general cohesion seems a bit basic/mechanical. We only really come alive when we’re forced to by an opponent scoring. It’s genuinely like the original game plan invariably doesn’t work, Ole then takes the shackles off and unleashes the kraken.

OverratedOpinion

So you feel like that? So what? You feeling something should change peoples stances, behaviours, postitions? Is there a chance, that some people around here take themselves far too serious? It is actually pretty funny, people making fun of some posters being triggered by anything Ole does or doesn't while these people are triggered by the actions of the posters. It is ridiculous. Just stop it, accept that other people have different view points, listen to them, try to understand, understand, decide for yourself, if it convinces you and then the other way around.

Some people complain that the redcafe is insufferable after bad results, it starts getting insufferable after good results as well.
Sorry what? I gave my opinion about something on a forum. Sort of the point of the whole thing no? :lol:

I literally could not care less about your "stance, behaviour or position". Carry on thinking what you like.

OverratedOpinion

To hazard a guess it’s that the game followed a very similar pattern to most games this season.

Face a weaker opponent, make it difficult for ourselves, take the handbrake off when we are forced to, play great football and win.

I actually think we have a great squad - individually we’re right up there but the general cohesion seems a bit basic/mechanical. We only really come alive when we’re forced to by an opponent scoring. It’s genuinely like the original game plan invariably doesn’t work, Ole then takes the shackles off and unleashes the kraken.
That does not make sense though.

We started the game very well, we got a very unlucky penalty given and then the heads dropped for 20 minutes. We then played much like we did the first few minutes which is to gradually build up to our wide players, allow Bruno to pick up pockets of space and create overlaps on with the fullbacks and we scored 5 more goals. Ole is very good tactically, I think people don't watch other big teams enough because it is very hard to break down a low block for everyone and judging from our position the last 2 years and the amount of goals we score we do it better than most.

Edit: Also what do you mean by "cohesion"? Shaw and Rashford have a brilliant understanding, McTominay and Fred cover for each other frequently in every game, Cavani, Pogba and Bruno constantly play nice short passing moves. Our goals are very rarely long distance screamers or set pieces they are often built up around the box.

NZT-One

Sorry what? I gave my opinion about something on a forum. Sort of the point of the whole thing no? :lol:

I literally could not care less about your "stance, behaviour or position". Carry on thinking what you like.
Seriously mate, just look at what you wrote:

"I just feel he has done enough now for people to finally start admitting that he is clearly a manager with a lot of talent. "

You certainly hear the condemnation in these words, don't you? If you make these sorts of statements, it will always trigger responses. Forever - but maybe that is what some here want, a reason to have a go at others...

OverratedOpinion

Seriously mate, just look at what you wrote:

"I just feel he has done enough now for people to finally start admitting that he is clearly a manager with a lot of talent. "

You certainly hear the condemnation in these words, don't you? If you make these sorts of statements, it will always trigger responses. Forever - but maybe that is what some here want, a reason to have a go at others...
I think you need to have a beer and a sit down. How could someone living in such a great city be so up tight :lol:

Ole is a great manager btw

tomaldinho1

That does not make sense though.

We started the game very well, we got a very unlucky penalty given and then the heads dropped for 20 minutes. We then played much like we did the first few minutes which is to gradually build up to our wide players, allow Bruno to pick up pockets of space and create overlaps on with the fullbacks and we scored 5 more goals. Ole is very good tactically, I think people don't watch other big teams enough because it is very hard to break down a low block for everyone and judging from our position the last 2 years and the amount of goals we score we do it better than most.
Think of other games against teams in the PL that have vastly inferior players and it’s the same. Southampton we started great and ended up 2 down, Spurs, Brighton, Fulham off the top of my head all scored first. Haven’t we gained the most points from losing positions this season or something? It’s a season long trend.

OverratedOpinion

Think of other games against teams in the PL that have vastly inferior players and it’s the same. Southampton we started great and ended up 2 down, Spurs, Brighton, Fulham off the top of my head all scored first. Haven’t we gained the most points from losing positions this season or something? It’s a season long trend.
I don't think our style of play often changes in those games. I think we just have a lot of the ball, quality players, work our way into good positions and eventually we get the goals. You are acting as if we turn to desperation and put 5 strikers on every game and stick a defender up front too.

That does not happen, we stick to the same pattern of attacking that Ole sets out and it works. Do Shaw and Wan Bissaka suddenly stop overlapping? Do we suddenly stop trying to build play to free Bruno or Pogba in pockets of space? Do we stop trying to work Greenwood into one on one situations against the left back where he can make a shooting opportunity due to being extremely 2 sided? Do we stop trying to quickly spring Rashford in behind? Do we start lumping the ball up top to Fellaini?

If you specified that our defence was poorly coached then that is a different conversation but one that I do not agree with. We are the second best team in the best league on the planet. To imagine that our coach is some mug is a bit fanciful in my opinion.

tomaldinho1

I don't think our style of play often changes in those games. I think we just have a lot of the ball, quality players, work our way into good positions and eventually we get the goals. You are acting as if we turn to desperation and put 5 strikers on every game and stick a defender up front too.

That does not happen, we stick to the same pattern of attacking that Ole sets out and it works. Do Shaw and Wan Bissaka suddenly stop overlapping? Do we suddenly stop trying to build play to free Bruno or Pogba in pockets of space? Do we stop trying to work Greenwood into one on one situations against the left back where he can make a shooting opportunity due to being extremely 2 sided? Do we stop trying to quickly spring Rashford in behind? Do we start lumping the ball up top to Fellaini?

If you specified that our defence was poorly coached then that is a different conversation but one that I do not agree with. We are the second best team in the best league on the planet. To imagine that our coach is some mug is a bit fanciful in my opinion.
Not sure where you’ve got the above from.

My point is very clearly we often make games hard for ourselves (provided proof) and then look awesome when chasing the game, taking more risks and, many times this season, winning. Literally just look at our results this season.

You’ve chosen to create words/phrases like ‘our coach is some mug’ and ‘turn(ing) to desperation’ which is disappointingly low quality posting unless you are confusing me with a other .

OverratedOpinion

Not sure where you’ve got the above from.

My point is very clearly we often make games hard for ourselves (provided proof) and then look awesome when chasing the game, taking more risks and, many times this season, winning. Literally just look at our results this season.

You’ve chosen to create words/phrases like ‘our coach is some mug’ and ‘turn(ing) to desperation’ which is disappointingly low quality posting unless you are confusing me with a other .
You have ignored the entire point of my posts twice.

We do not start taking more risks, we do not become desperate and start throwing shit against the wall. We continue playing the style of play that Ole sets out and score goals and win the game. So how is that style of play poor when we win so many games? We probably concede a few too many early goals but there is a big difference between being poor and not being perfect.

Eternitiy

The only explanation for the immediate improvement in the second half is that, at halftime, Ole calmly asked his team: "Where's the passion, lads?"

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So we are going to finish 2nd in the league and win Europa Cup this season, I don’t think anyone would not want Ole to manage us in future?