We are an awfully coached team

Flytan

Ole can't win on RedCafe :lol: Was he not criticized for not rotating enough previously? And weren't some people in here also afraid that Ronaldo was gonna run the club with Ole being too scared to bench him?

You can whine about McFred as much as you want, but it's still our best midfield-two. I'm glad that our manager isn't a hysteric mess that will change the midfield constantly in a desperate attempt to find magic that clearly isn't there. If the average RedCafe poster was allowed to pick our starting XI(and nothing else), then we would have been relegated long ago.
First point I agree with. Rotation is needed.

McFred is not needed. Experiment with other combinations especially when it's clear McTominay is playing injured and not up to his standards. DVB has performed well enough in limited gametime to deserve a start, especially since we played midweek. Ole has some obsession with the McFred pairing, and it's bad. Up front, it makes no sense that Martial starts over Lingard or Sancho. Both of them have shown more in the past month than Martial in the past two years and even if you factor in rotation, they deserve it more.

It's like he doesn't even value how you perform in a game, I don't know if it's all about how they are in training or what, but when he keeps playing players who underperform, of course people are going to criticize him.

OleBoiii

@Flytan

Martial could have looked very sharp in training. Lingard is better as an impact-sub, imo. Sancho has had a rough start and unfortunately been one of our worst performers. I have no problem seeing Martial starting over him right now(not long term). Also, it doesn't hurt to have one or two surprises in your starting XI. It can throw the opponent off. Fergie also did this from time to time.

McFred has been our most stable and balanced midfield-two. It's as simple as that.

VDB has been poor apart from that one game where he did OK.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Either very Brave or incredibly stupid by ole.

I'm thinking it's the latter but I'd love to be proven wrong. Sadly I don't think I will be.

Lee565

We will ultimately end up wasting 100's of millions if ole is kept on in charge if united.

We will lose pogba for free because he is fed up of not winning anything under a manager that bottles it all the time and will never be able to lead united to a champions league or league title win.

Donny will never amount to anything under a manager that loves a two man defensive pairing in midfield.

Sancho I think is suffering massively and will just get worse under a manager that is technically and tactically inept in his coaching.

youmeletsfly

@Flytan

Martial could have looked very sharp in training. Lingard is better as an impact-sub, imo. Sancho has had a rough start and unfortunately been one of our worst performers. I have no problem seeing Martial starting over him right now(not long term). Also, it doesn't hurt to have one or two surprises in your starting XI. It can throw the opponent off. Fergie also did this from time to time.

McFred has been our most stable and balanced midfield-two. It's as simple as that.

VDB has been poor apart from that one game where he did OK.
Our most stable yes, I'd argue against our most balanced. Defensive is not balanced, not at all imo.

thesheriffjw

How can a team that play with 2 holding midfielders (mcfred) be so exposed???

Everton have walked through, 3 or 4 times already.!!

Something is very wrong

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
This thread should be locked during the games like the player performances forum. How can every stray pass or every opposition break be used to reinforced our perceived lack of coaching?

Kag

Something is very wrong
Because we’re not playing ‘holding midfielders’. We’re playing Fred and McTominay, both of whom have no idea where to position themselves defensively.

McTominay, in particular, is no more of a holding midfielder than Pogba. His best work takes place around the penalty area.

Matic is our only holding midfielder and he’s more or less finished.

meamth

This thread should be locked during the games like the player performances forum. How can every stray pass or every opposition break be used to reinforced our perceived lack of coaching?
Because they want 90% possession football.

SoCross

Love the one touch quick passing football. We are good when we play high tempo football.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Because it’s nothing to do with players, it’s a nonstop agenda that invades almost every feckjng thread. And the mods need to start thread banning people and let them have their little Miserable Club in one thread… then I can put it on ignore and start to enjoy coming on here and having a balanced chat about the club I love.

There’s more shit on here about Ole than RAWK and Blue Moon put together

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Something is very wrong
This has been a weird problem with United for years. We seem to lack players in attack and defence. its bizarre.

Moby

Dick
Because it’s nothing to do with players, it’s a nonstop agenda that invades almost every feckjng thread. And the mods need to start thread banning people and let them have their little Miserable Club in one thread… then I can put it on ignore and start to enjoy coming on here and having a balanced chat about the club I love.

There’s more shit on here about Ole than RAWK and Blue Moon put together
Nail hit on the head.

thesheriffjw

Because it specifically relates to the coaching.

Thats why a team train all week. To learn tactics, movement, team shape.

These are the basics and a PL club, you expect better from

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Something is very wrong
Because they’re not holding midfielders but you don’t care if they are or aren’t. It’s just another bash Ole post as your recent history shows… including your “what the feck Ole, Martial?!” comment pre game.

Jackal981

Better than last game but that goes down the lack of pressing from Everton in the first half. Lets see

marktan

Mctominay runs from midfield into the box are helping a lot. I was watching our game against Arsenal in 09/10 where Carrick, Scholes, and Fletcher started in midfield. For most of our attacks at least two of them (usually Scholes and Fletch) would get into the box. I guess Bruno is the Scholes equivalent but what we really lack is someone like Carrick.

It's one thing we lose when we play Pogba in a 2, Mctominay doesn't get forward as much and the box is quite empty.

Last edited:

DutchCruijff

Fred, and I say this as someone fond of him, hasn't been good enough this season.

It's odd that we've not given van de Beek a run out at CM in place of Fred.

McTominay has seemed to take a step back too.

Shark

@NotShark
Every match is a humongous struggle when we should be putting teams to the sword at home. The general play has been better today but we're still lacking that ruthless winning mentality title winners need to have and we're still carrying passengers.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Every match is a humongous struggle when we should be putting teams to the sword at home. The general play has been better today but we're still lacking that ruthless winning mentality title winners need to have and we're still carrying passengers.
At least this game is enjoyable. Against the likes of Young Boys and Villareal it was painful to watch

Jackal981

What grinds me is that you can never really say we outplay any team in our recent wins. We are reliant on magic moments and everything seems to be struggle

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Think it's less about mentality and more about organisation. Other teams aren't in the right positions (or consistently committing tactical fouls) to stop these counter attacks by accident, or on their own initiative.

KingCavani

Even if we get a winner there’s no chance this side is competing for the title.