We are so fecked! (Knee-Jerk Overload)

Jericholyte2

So everything in football is cyclical and it’s now starting to look like we aren’t even half-way to the bottom of the downturn here.

Our best player over the last 8 year, our most potent goal-threat and the most creative player all look like they’re leaving now and, whilst I stand to be corrected on this, I have zero faith in Woodward to use the money to create anything like a team that can compete for even the top 6 never mind top four!

So it’s looking like, barring transfers, our lineup will be something akin to:

Henderson / Romero
AWB Smalling Lindelof Shaw
McT Matic Fred
James Rashford Martial

That is barely even a top half team there! There simply has to be some absolutely huge spending going on to get players with the right mentality to take this clubs forwards.

£200-250m was mentioned before sales and let’s say we get £200m from the significant sales, surely this all needs to go back into the pot for transfers otherwise we'll be looking up at Leicester, Wolves, Everton and probably more come the end of next season.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Lukaku money
Pogba money
That '100m' we had left over last season
This years budget.

Really, if we're a club with ambition, we should be able to spend around 350-400m or so. Not that I see it happening, but things could look good if we recruit well.
Names circulating fill me with some confidence this season at least. I see Ole being the potential problem

Drastic change is vital.

Only player I’m really bothered about losing in the entire squad is Pogba but even then, I understand him wanting to leave, this hasn’t been the project he was promised when he left Juve.

If we sell Lukaku & Pogba, and spend ALL of that money plus a regular transfer kitty of 200m... feck it, I’m in for the ride.

Pace Abuser

The club and Woodward and the manager are a clueless trident. We are fecked to Lingards benefit as he'll be the face of United now.

Traub

Yip pretty much fecked. There are swings and roundabouts in football, so City and Liverpool dominance won’t last forever. For the medium term though, we are definitely a 5-8th place team with a very good season propelling us into a one-off champions league place.

Infestissumam

maybe it's just me, but I actually embrace the change and don't think the glass is half-empty. Yes, it's going to take time to build a winner again, but that doesn't mean that the times ahead have to be dire. Things can change quickly in football.

flappyjay

The clubs that are already overcharging are gonna go mental if we announce the Pogba sale before we buy

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The club are in the middle of a big roster turnover and everyone are negative. A+

Jericholyte2

maybe it's just me, but I actually embrace the change and don't think the glass is half-empty. Yes, it's going to take time to build a winner again, but that doesn't mean that the times ahead have to be dire. Things can change quickly in football.
Liverpool’s cycle took 30yrs to get them back to challenging for titles.

I get that a lot of the players we'll be selling don’t have the right mentality, but that’s the same with a lot of the players that are staying too!

Hughie77

I don't think it's about transfer fees, it's getting the right ones in? Pogba wants out leave him go, DDG wants out leave him go as well, this will set an example on how from now on UTD do the business?

It could be wrong it could be right, we won't know, the previous transfers have not worked, there will be players coming in and going.
If Pogba want to strike fecking leave him, spoilt brat, SAF will be proven right about him.

Patience needed.

In Rainbows

I don't think it's about transfer fees, it's getting the right ones in? Pogba wants out leave him go, DDG wants out leave him go as well, this will set an example on how from now on UTD do the business?

It could be wrong it could be right, we won't know, the previous transfers have not worked, there will be players coming in and going.
If Pogba want to strike fecking leave him, spoilt brat, SAF will be proven right about him.

Patience needed.
SAF never said what you think he said.

Rafaeldagold

Yep. Poor players & an unbalanced squad & and an average at best unproven manager.

Not looking good.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Usually, that's when things start to improve. I refuse to believe some of the posters here are so hysterical in real life. If they are, they have much bigger problems to deal with than United's current woes.

Even Claude from AFTV has more poise and that man's gone through some really tough times in his personal life.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It goes without saying that we are going to buy more players.

However this "we are fecked" idea is just reality setting in. Obviously we're not really fecked (in the long run, provided we do things properly from here) but we are in by far the worst state we've been in as a club for generations. When our manager openly spoke of us facing a rebuild that would literally take years, he wasn't kidding. Given there are also huge question marks over him too, it's quite a hole we find ourselves in.

Jericholyte2

It goes without saying that we are going to buy more players.

However this "we are fecked" idea is just reality setting in. Obviously we're not really fecked (in the long run, provided we do things properly from here) but we are in by far the worst state we've been in as a club for generations. When our manager openly spoke of us facing a rebuild that would literally take years, he wasn't kidding. Given there are also huge question marks over him too, it's quite a hole we find ourselves in.
This is the issue though. Do we trust Woodward to spend the money properly? Do we trust Ole to judge the ability / mentality of players correctly. Do we trust the current coaching setup to raise their ability, improve the fitness and tactical awareness of players?

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Yea, we’re toast honestly.

I can’t believe the level of mediocrity United has reached. It’s shameful. Not many words at this point when your best player now wants out...we’re the class clowns of football and a complete disaster. We’re worse than what Liverpool were a handful of years ago. Feck.

UpWithRivers

I think we are fkd too. Especially if we really think we can replace everyone with young British championship players. James is in everyones first team!
But if we spend the money 400-500 we could build a really good side. Everyone says we are nuts and wont spend over 250 and we won't sign more than 4 players. But this is no ordinary situation. 6th in the league and lose all your top players. Thats disaster. If we generate 200 on sales then we should spend like crazy.

———-——-Oblak
Wan B—-Harry-Alderweild—Shaw
———-Rabiot—Matic
—————Dybala
Sancho—-Rashford—Martial

Even if we pay top rates
Oblak - 80
Wan - 60
Harry - 75
Alderweild - 25
Rabiot - free
Dybala - 90
Sancho - 90
Total - 420

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I have to admit, I am rather worried about the state of our squad. Our best players want out, our worst players have new contracts.

This is the most important transfer window we have had in years, and we need to be aggressive and efficient in the market otherwise we are going to be left behind again.

There is still time for us to sort it out, but I am still worried we won't go for the right targets quick enough.

Dinghy

The scousers just won the CL and almost won the PL. We finished 6th in the league over 30 points from the top. Our best player(s) wants out, while where keeping all the dross. We've only made one signing so far, a kid from the Championship. It's pretty much as fecked as this club could be, but still I've got a weird positive feeling about next season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This is the most important transfer window we have had in years, and we need to be aggressive and efficient in the market otherwise we are going to be left behind again.
This is my concern too, might change if we announce AWB and Bruno Fernandes next week. But as of today, I am very concerned.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’ve been saying in pretty much every Pogba laden thread. . .

[Figures are speculative]

If we have a transfer kitty of £200mil & we sell Pogba for £100 but we spend £250mil then we’re not actually reinvesting the Pogba funds.

We will sell Pogba for £Xmil & this money will not be reinvested; selling him is the stupidest thing we will do & due to a media narrative, driven by people with active interests in other clubs et. al. a vast number of our fans are kidding themselves it’s a good idea.

I can see the Pre-Season shows hailing a new era now we’ve gotten rid of ‘a virus’ only to then criticise the quality of our midfield when Matic-Fred & co. are overran by Citeh & the Pool.

Moriarty

The scousers just won the CL and almost won the PL. We finished 6th in the league over 30 points from the top. Our best player(s) wants out, while where keeping all the dross. We've only made one signing so far, a kid from the Championship. It's pretty much as fecked as this club could be, but still I've got a weird positive feeling about next season.
I had that too. Then the effects of the alcohol wore off...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Meh, drastic change is needed after 6 years of failure to compete for major titles.

Embrace it.
Yeah but the players who've been here for all 6 years of that spell will remain here so it's hard not to worry that it'll continue.

ForestRGoinUp

I agree that the change and the rebuild is quite fun. You can let go of the desperation to win (as a fan) and dive into all the dynamics of how the team is being constructed.

Having said that...when a big club refuses to embrace a rebuild - i.e. top 4 is the priority no matter what - they do tend to maintain some level of top class talent and attract top managers. If we’re about to go so far the other way that we let our top talents go...boy we better hope Ole is the man for this. We’re saying let’s get worse before we get better.

We’ve more or less tasked him with safely landing a jet that’s lost an engine. I think quite a few have gone from taking top 4 for granted to now taking top 6 for granted. I genuinely think if he can’t handle the task, this can turn into a nosedive.

JoaquinJoaquin

Club is a mess and it's a very worrying team for us fans tbh. Anyone who says otherwise has their heads well and truly in the sand.

It's looking like another Summer where we won't get our top targets like Sancho, De Ligt etc. And the players we have signed or rumoured to be signing like James and fecking Longstaff aren't going to push us any further up the table, only down if they are the replacements for the likes of Herrera, Pogba etc.

For me I'm genuinely fed up with all sports as United are a mess and my other main sports team the Knicks are set to have a horrible summer aswell. Don't know where to turn :D.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Madrid are rebuilding at a crazy rate whilst we are:

Preparing bids
Fixing our fax machine
Giving Ashley Young a tour of his new home