We don't have any forwards for next season, who do we sign ?

Oldyella

We are going to end up overspending on a broken down Kane aren't we...

RedIan

We still have Rashford Ahmad Elanga Ronaldo Martial. All can play 9.
martial may move but so far he’s only on loan.

Haaland is the dream.

Ixion

Too many folks pinning their hopes on Elanga and Ahmad. Young players are notoriously inconsistent and you don't want to put the weight of expectations on their shoulders too quickly, they are at best back-up options for the next season or two.

We definitely need to bring someone in assuming Martial leaves.

Zlatattack

Why are people panicking?

Let Lingard and Martial go.

We still have Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, Elanga and Diallo.

If Ronaldo goes we definitely need an incoming.

mctrials23

We need to get rid of Ronaldo and go big on a young striker like Haaland but thats obviously a pipe dream.

Honestly I am perfectly happy with next season being a transition as long as we are going in the right direction. As long as we get top 4, start developing a modern, dynamic style of football and fix our attitude issues I will be happy.

Oranges038

Big names.

I'd go in for Chiesa, his 2 year Juve loan is up and they've just spunked 70m on Vlahovic. Dybala who is out of contract or Raphinha at Leeds. Ocampos at Sevilla, he's entering his prime years now.

Striker wise I might take a punt on DCL, he's got a good eye for goal and his all round play is pretty good.

For backup/rotation

For a player who could develop into a really good striker. I'd look at someone like Giouri at Nice. Or maybe Hlozek at Sparta Prague.

On the wings as an all rounder squad filler punt, McNeil or Cornet. I'd probably go for Cornet, technically he looks very good, makes clever runs and gets in good goalscoring pisitions.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
If we trust in Ralf then we'll sign people we've never heard of, he doesn't buy big names, though he might buy a few for us if he gets the post long term.

L1nk

Basically signed with City, we refused the chance to sign him
Yup, that's why I posted his name. Because it was completely stupid and short sighted for the club to refuse the chance. Nothing new though.

Crick

Retire the number altogether
I wonder if Sancho will take it. He often has it for England. Retiring the shirt just draws more attention. It's best if it just gets changed quickly and we move on.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
The squad all of a sudden requires massive investment, and the Glazers won't have the stomach for it at all. Grim situation in the short term but it might lead to us getting new owners soon maybe?
Don't think so the club is just isn't an enticing prospect for buyers. Spend 3 and 4 billion buying the club, and then fans expect them to invest more money and not be happy if they take any money out of the club. Who would want to buy us?

pascell

Yup, that's why I posted his name. Because it was completely stupid and short sighted for the club to refuse the chance. Nothing new though.
Future planning, what's that? - Ed Woodard & Matt Judge, probably.
Club has been run as an absolute shit show since the great man left.

We are in big trouble for this season and next
We do have a summer transfer window coming up you know?

laughtersassassin

Future planning, what's that? - Ed Woodard & Matt Judge, probably.
Club has been run as an absolute shit show since the great man left.

We do have a summer transfer window coming up you know?
And we will have a monumental job to do in it I suspect. One that I doubt we do to the extent needed

OleGunnar20

Jonathan David is guaranteed to move this Summer, I'd like to see us go all out for him. Alternatively, Isak looks decent and would fit into a Sancho / Rashford front line, Martinez would be great but seems unlikely to want to leave inter for England, and both Adeyemi and Nkunku look very exciting flexible options (Leipzig connections could help here). The likes of Berardi could even be a wild-card option.

Personally, if he gets a good year at Sevilla under his belt and actually wants to fight for his place then I'd be happy to go with one of the above + Martial returning into the fold. Overall there's no reason for us not picking up an exciting addition to replace Greenwood's contribution. There's plenty of talent out there that even casual observers such as me are aware of. No reason for us not locking at least one of these down. The following looks exciting to me:

Rashford / Elanga - David / Martial - Sancho / Amad

Pellestri / Mejbri as deeper squad cover.

pascell

And we will have a monumental job to do in it I suspect. One that I doubt we do to the extent needed
Let's just wait and see, no need for the hyperbole to go into overdrive because of the Greenwood incident. Loaning out Lingard, van de Beek, Daillo and Henderson are the right moves to make, they weren't playing and someone else pays their wages until the summer.

We also have a manager to appoint, they'll put forward their ideas who they want to bring in also, let's just wait and see, there's still a good chunk of season to finish.

laughtersassassin

Let's just wait and see, no need for the hyperbole to go into overdrive because of the Greenwood incident. Loaning out Lingard, van de Beek, Daillo and Henderson are the right moves to make, they weren't playing and someone else pays their wages until the summer.

We also have a manager to appoint, they'll put forward their ideas who they want to bring in also, let's just wait and see, there's still a good chunk of season to finish.
It's not hyperbole though. I thought we where in for a difficult summer before the Greenwood things that only compounds the issue.

Midfield is a mess and probably losing Pogba. Two new starters needed their if we want to compete

Attack is complete unknown until we see how the season finishes. Could possibly lose Ronaldo and Cavani, Martial. Greenwood will be gone as he should be.

So I'll stick with my statement that we are potentially in big trouble. If we act right it's for sure workable but we very often choose to leave holes in the squad to our detriment.

Basically it's hard to see us starting next season with a 11 or squad as good as we started this one. Not that it did us much good though.

Lee565

Greenwood is gone, martial has gone, cavani will go after this season and ronaldo is ancient and will also leave if we don't get into CL.

So on top of not having a midfield, we won't have any forwards either. I bet our board regrets not bidding for julian alvarez from river plate who city signed up on the cheap.

Glazers won't spend a bomb on haaland. Our only realistic option is kane for around 75m and even that might be too much for the glazers.
We don't need a striker, we should go the route of a false 9

Yagami

Good post resistant
Kaio Jorge from Juventus.

i think he looks like a fantastic prospect and Allegri doesn't use him. Him and Fagioli are ones to look out for whilst Allegri is at Juve as he's not using youth players.

pascell

It's not hyperbole though. I thought we where in for a difficult summer before the Greenwood things that only compounds the issue.

Midfield is a mess and probably losing Pogba. Two new starters needed their if we want to compete

Attack is complete unknown until we see how the season finishes. Could possibly lose Ronaldo and Cavani, Martial. Greenwood will be gone as he should be.

So I'll stick with my statement that we are potentially in big trouble. If we act right it's for sure workable but we very often choose to leave holes in the squad to our detriment.

Basically it's hard to see us starting next season with a 11 or squad as good as we started this one. Not that it did us much good though.
Pogba has barely played all season and hasn't even played one game under Rangnick yet, so he's not a loss, we'll definitely sign a minimum of one CM/DM this summer.

Exactly, it's a complete unknown, we might snatch top 4 meaning Ronaldo wants to stay, Cavani will probably leave and we'll replace him. Martial, the same as Pogba, has barely played this season and featured the bare minimum under Rangnick, he's also not consistent enough and was already replaced by Elanga. We also have Amad out on loan, who'll probably feature more next season, so we'll need to sign a striker to cover for the loss of Cavani and that's it (if Ronaldo doesn't leave).

I'm guessing we'll sign a RB, CB, CM and ST in the summer, possibly even a 2nd CM/DM depending who we lose and sell.

It is far from the end of the world or United being in big trouble.

Edit: look at last summer, Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane. The same quality of signings in the positions I've mentioned and we'll likely be a better, more balanced team than this season. Let's just chill, I'm as shocked and upset at the Greenwood situation as everyone else (god bless the poor girl) but let's not act like it's going to be the end of Man United, we've come back from far worse!

laughtersassassin

Pogba has barely played all season and hasn't even played one game under Rangnick yet, so he's not a loss, we'll definitely sign a minimum of one CM/DM this summer.

Exactly, it's a complete unknown, we might snatch top 4 meaning Ronaldo wants to stay, Cavani will probably leave and we'll replace him. Martial, the same as Pogba, has barely played this season and featured the bare minimum under Rangnick, he's also not consistent enough and was already replaced by Elanga. We also have Amad out on loan, who'll probably feature more next season, so we'll need to sign a striker to cover for the loss of Cavani and that's it (if Ronaldo doesn't leave).

I'm guessing we'll sign a RB, CB, CM and ST in the summer, possibly even a 2nd CM/DM depending who we lose and sell.

It is far from the end of the world or United being in big trouble.

Edit: look at last summer, Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane. The same quality of signings in the positions I've mentioned and we'll likely be a better, more balanced team than this season. Let's just chill, I'm as shocked and upset at the Greenwood situation as everyone else (god bless the poor girl) but let's not act like it's going to be the end of Man United, we've come back from far worse!
I never said or implied it's the end of or close to it for United. Maybe you misconstrued what I meant by big trouble.

justsomebloke

We've still got Rashford and Sancho as first choice wingers and Elanga, Mata and maybe Lingard as back up. The squad was bloated for a long time and there was a knock on effect for morale with players unable to get games. Obviously the Greenwood situation wasnt planned for but we've still got enough players imo.
We are painfully short without Greenwood. I don't think Mata and Lingard can be relied on at all - Mata is just past it, even for occasional use, and Lingard's head's gone. That means Ronaldo or Cavani up front, and Rashford and Sancho on the wings, Elanga the only real backup. If any single one of those players go injured, we're down to the bone. Or looking at options like Dalot or Telles on the wing.

Corwin

There's a graph floating around that show's we've matched City's spending these last few years. Ole's spent like 300 million ?
Manchester City have splashed more than Manchester United since Pep Guardiola came to the Premier League. We've not matched.

Us signing the wrong players means the Glazers appoint idiots to handle recruitment, ti doesn't mean they don't spend enough to money on transfers
Us signing the wrong players that's true and is a big part of the problem BUT the Glazers spend the money of the club, not their own money. They also take money out of the club while City owners, Abramovich etc. invest their money. See the difference?

Also your list of flops is shit.
It's not the list of flops, it's the list of Manchester United transfers in 2008 and 2009 when we needed a replacement for Ronaldo and Tevez and got Owen, Valencia and Bebe.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I'd try for Richarlisson as unlikely as is they'd sell him, really rate him
12 months left on his contract in the summer and not much reason to sign a new one. He still wouldn’t be cheap but is a good player with potential to improve so it could be good value for money.

Dion

So we don't have a reason to disagree because I didn't suggest that and doesn't agree with it.
We do, because you're still implying that a bias in society towards believing victims based on the overwhelming statistical evidence causes a legal issue which is more problematic than the societal one caused by people not involved in legal proceedings treating people accused of rape as innocent until proven guilty.

Edit: Ah bollocks they locked the other thread so this ended up in the wrong one.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We do, because you're still implying that a bias in society towards believing victims based on the overwhelming statistical evidence causes a legal issue which is more problematic than the societal one caused by people not involved in legal proceedings treating people accused of rape as innocent until proven guilty.
Again that's not what I said or implied. I said that you shouldn't always believe an alleged victim nor purposely promote biases. To make it clear since you keep trying to add and distorting things, you should believe what someone says based on what they say not on their status.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I think we’re a bit light up front now but no need to make a panic signing unless we can someone decent on loan.

Hopefully, Edison and Rashford remain fit and sancho seizes the opportunity to fit it.

The premise is false. Glazers spend plenty.

Martial and Ronaldo aren't gone permanently. We have plenty of wingers (I'm including Shola and the ones on loan). We'll need a CF and that's about it.

We need to stop thinking about buying players as the ultimate solution to all our problems. We've been doing exactly that for a while now, and it hasn't work.
What you have said is correct in that we have spent money, but your wrong that we don’t need signings. It doesn’t matter how much has been spent, it matters if the players were good buys and have the quality we need. Money doesn’t equal quality, just look at Maguire.

People need to stop focusing on money and focus on our actual players if they are good enough or not. We desperately need to buy more quality players.

You talk about us only needing a CF, are all the other clubs under a transfer embargo? Of course they will improve too, we are the ones who need to catch up so we should be signing even more players than them. We are very far behind Man City and Chelsea in player quality.

Dion

Again that's not what I said or implied. I said that you shouldn't always believe an alleged victim nor purposely promote biases. To make it clear since you keep trying to add and distorting things, you should believe what someone says based on what they say not on their status.
You said "you need to completely change your mindset because it's extremely dangerous from a legal standpoint", which is obviously not the case as the second would have that effect too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need to worry about who the manager is first.
Before that's done, you can't possibly wonder about players.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
There’s loads of strikers out there and available. We just need to find one that fits the team and has the right profile for us. It’s an exciting time for us as a club - we’re finally getting that cultural reset we wanted and with that there’s a clearing out of the squad.

In the summer, we’ll see Mata, Cavani, Martial, Pogba, Lingard, Mason, and maybe Jones, Bailly, and Ronaldo go.

There’s obviously some places that will be filled with our youth, such as Mengi, Laird, Hannibal, Garner and Shoretire. And we’ll undoubtedly be in the market too for 2-3 signings that can make a big impact too.

I’d love for us to take a punt on Gabriel Barbosa/Gabigol. He’s at the right age and plays on the edge. I think he could kill it here and he wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.

goptun

12 months left on his contract in the summer and not much reason to sign a new one. He still wouldn’t be cheap but is a good player with potential to improve so it could be good value for money.
His ontract expires in 2024 according to Transfermarkt? A shame as I like him and think he would be an effective player for us. With two years left though Everton will try and fleece anyone that goes for him.