We have had absolutely horrendous decisions against us this year

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Live by the sword, die by the sword. We absolutely got some soft ones in our favour since the restart too. It would be nice if it was consistent, but we had 93 minutes to correct it, and a full 50 minutes or so score a winner.
I agree with this. Things have seemed to change after Klopp had his moan though.

But it does feel like refs have it easy with us, I don't see too much pressure on them. Bruno always has a moan, but that's about it. Would be good for Ole to start making more of a point of it.

AneRu

I think Ole is too soft with the referees, he should be pointing these errors out and targetting them. Might cost him a fine and a ban but it will put some fear into them. Especially if he points out the change in how they treat us since Klopp's mind games.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah even when being right, they were totally wrong :lol:
:lol:
Someone posted the rule in the thread where apparently a foul that takes place when a player is offside but before he touches the ball is, apparently, a foul.

Which makes absolutely no sense and is completely daft... But then football rules are a bit daft it seems.
If the introduction of VAR has taught me anything, it’s that I’m really not up to date with these supposed shitty rules of football! Or the rules seemingly changes without notice :lol:

A couple of weeks ago, when city scored that goal against Villa I think, it was apparently because the defender touched it and “allowed for a different phase of play to set in” which is why it was allowed. But then apparently that wasn’t correct! Seems that even they are making shit up as we go along.

Last night I also saw VAR rule out what looked like a legitimate Messi goal. If they don’t know the rules, how the hell do they expect us to keep up.

James Peril

I’m a fan of game flow and contact football, but the decision is quite weird. He nudges him first, then actually blindfolds him when the header is made. He literally makes sure Lindelof cannot see anything, which is new to me.... but obviously that’s not allowed! The VAR is there to spot things we do not see immediately, they have to look and judge all possible infractions, but they are just as bad as any fan sitting there with a monitor - this is highly alarming.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We have the softest, most accepting players in the league. Refereeing United is a breeze for refs, it should be torture.

Their keeper was taking 40 seconds per kickout. Did our players do anything to press the ref into a booking? No, just meekly accepted it.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It’s getting ridiculous the decisions that go against us game after game. Almost suspiciously bad calls.
Or, and just bear with me a sec, OR, you just only notice the decisions that you think go against you, and you quickly forget about, for example, a potential penalty City could have been given but weren’t.

Yakuza_devils

It is a foul. You cannot put your hand over someones face.........why do people have to complicate what's simple? It's no wonder these officials are confused. Whether he meant it or not, it's a foul. Your opinion on the defending don't really matter.
When 2 players going for the ball/header, 1 jumped and the other didn't. The referee will always favor the player that jumped and got to the ball first.

If Lindelof did jumped together then it would most likely be a foul as his jump would be impeded by the striker hands.

Again, I have seen the decision went the other way. Its 50-50.

SuperiorXI

Refereeing is largely disgraceful in this league and every team bears the brunt of it but we dropped points today because of a terrible performance and the team need to look at themselves, not the ref.

Dan_F

when have we had any soft ones this year?
I said since the restart, but in fairness, I’m not arsed enough to go back through them and check. If there wasn’t I take it back, but I definitely felt like there was some 50/50 calls that we benefited from.

LeftfieldShoegazer

Supports
Leicester City
We need a manager who will go after these decisions in the press. Ferguson would never shy away from it when needed, Pep and Klopp are always at it, but Ole is content to sit there and play the nice guy. It is costing us and will do so as long as he keeps quiet.
Wow now I know why us at Leicester haven’t benefitted in the past, we ‘stupidly’ accept any refereeing decision without complaining verbally. Shouldn’t even be an option.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Or, and just bear with me a sec, OR, you just only notice the decisions that you think go against you, and you quickly forget about, for example, a potential penalty City could have been given but weren’t.
Said by someone who clearly doesn’t watch Utd games. It’s easy to say “it happens to everyone” the fact remains we have been absolutely shafted more often than not and it’s very suspicious that it all happened after a bunch of managers started speaking up and trying to create a narrative that we get favoured calls.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Refs are afraid to give us 50-50 decisions because whenever they do the media jump all over it. Silence when they go the other way.

Offsideagain

Just remember, if our defenders out their hands over a centre forwards eyes, it’s not a foul. Well it’s not a foul if it’s vice versa.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Said by someone who clearly doesn’t watch Utd games. It’s easy to say “it happens to everyone” the fact remains we have been absolutely shafted more often than not and it’s very suspicious that it all happened after a bunch of managers started speaking up and trying to create a narrative that we get favoured calls.
I’d be interested to know who this ‘bunch’ of managers are. I can remember Klopp. A bunch is 4 at least, I’d say, so who are the others?

And it all happened *after* Klopp said something about penalties? Sounds like you are really grasping for evidence to explain why something you hate happening keeps happening. Easy to take your frustration out in the referee. Football fans up and down the country think they are given a bad deal. The more intelligent ones can take a step back and realise there is no conspiracy, you simply aren’t as good as you want to be.

Lentwood

Klopp has absolutely influenced the referees, with assistance from Jose and Pep.

We’re not getting absolute howlers given against us but in key moments the 50:50 decisions are going against us at the moment.

Lindelof is fouled for the first goal all day long. Weak defending but that doesn’t change the fact the lad has his hand in his face. Pushing, shoving, shirt-pulling in the box is one thing, it happens...but contact with the face should be a foul for me.

I didn’t think the Maguire one was a penalty so no real complaints on that was as the right decision was probably made. That said, once it was given and thought the on-field decision would stick so it was obviously disappointing.

I would have been fuming had the one been allowed to stand where the lad bundled Maguire to the floor after the referee had whistled for every minor collision all game as well. We know defenders go down easy and buy free-kicks but there was more than enough contact there for a foul.

The Hilton

I think we should be putting Sheff U and West Brom to the sword irrespective and accept that just as we’ve had a few shockers against us, we’ve had some go in our favour.
Can you name a shocker that went in our favour this season?

Compared to the likes of City, who have had rules rewritten because they managed to benefit from laughable decisions, I'd suggest that it's very imbalanced.

The Hilton

West Ham? Ball about a yard out of play? Doesn’t get mentioned much I notice.
Cool show me the screenshot with the lines. We both know you can't, because if it could be shown to be out of play, it wouldn't have counted.

And that's pretty much the size of it, your best "gotcha" is an unprovable debateable decision vs blatant inconsistency we've suffered

TrustInJanuzaj

I’d be interested to know who this ‘bunch’ of managers are. I can remember Klopp. A bunch is 4 at least, I’d say, so who are the others?

And it all happened *after* Klopp said something about penalties? Sounds like you are really grasping for evidence to explain why something you hate happening keeps happening. Easy to take your frustration out in the referee. Football fans up and down the country think they are given a bad deal. The more intelligent ones can take a step back and realise there is no conspiracy, you simply aren’t as good as you want to be.
Mourinho, Lampard, Klopp have all taken a swipe at Utd claiming bias. I’ll ask again do you actually watch Utd games?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
IMO, it was not a foul. Lindelof was a bit soft. He should be more aggressive and attack the ball first as he was in much better position. Having said that I have seen some decisions went the other way. That's football for you. 50-50.
He was first hit by the attacker's elbow in the back of the head, then pulled back by the face, there is no "imo" in this case, it's a clear foul.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Can you name a shocker that went in our favour this season?

Compared to the likes of City, who have had rules rewritten because they managed to benefit from laughable decisions, I'd suggest that it's very imbalanced.
I think we’ve had a number of penalties in the last year that would classify as soft. You’re entitled to your opinion if you feel hard done by when it comes to officiating. I feel hard done by the performances of players and management personally.

OrcaFat

I think Ole is too soft with the referees, he should be pointing these errors out and targetting them. Might cost him a fine and a ban but it will put some fear into them. Especially if he points out the change in how they treat us since Klopp's mind games.
He was pretty mocking about the VAR farce today. And pointed out inconsistency in big foul decisions.

Manages to do it without sounding bitter too.

The Hilton

I think we’ve had a number of penalties in the last year that would classify as soft. You’re entitled to your opinion if you feel hard done by when it comes to officiating. I feel hard done by the performances of players and management personally.
Don't get me wrong, we should be beating this teams - I dunno why we aren't pressing them higher etc.

But this thread title is accurate - compared to our rivals we've been screwed by awful decisions this season

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Don't get me wrong, we should be beating this teams - I dunno why we aren't pressing them higher etc.

But this thread title is accurate - compared to our rivals we've been screwed by awful decisions this season
Well then I think our manager should make some stronger public statements in an attempt to influence future referees. We are just a bit too passive at United. It’s no coincidence that decisions have been worse since Klopp was clever in the press.

As you say though, shame that we are relying on refs to get us over the line against such trash.

The Hilton

Well then I think our manager should make some stronger public statements in an attempt to influence future referees. We are just a bit too passive at United. It’s no coincidence that decisions have been worse since Klopp was clever in the press.

As you say though, shame that we are relying on refs to get us over the line against such trash.
Yeah agreed with the stronger statements. Ole is too nice when he should be giving referees the scathing reviews they deserve

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

There have been games this year where we have won despite refs fecking us over. For example against Southampton we could have scored and been given a penalty. Maguire had a goal disallowed this season for nothing.
You simply can’t do it consistently over a season

TrustInJanuzaj

There have been games this year where we have won despite refs fecking us over. For example against Southampton we could have scored and been given a penalty. Maguire had a goal disallowed this season for nothing.
You simply can’t do it consistently over a season
I agree, it’s honestly clear as day the refs have screwed us over big time this season.

Red_Aaron

I don't have too much of an issue with the end result of either incident but what I don't understand is why VAR thought there was enough with the Peno to suggest the Ref should go have a look at the screen but apparently there wasn't enough in the goal to suggest the same thing?

There's as much of a grey area in both incidents so I don't understand why one is just dismissed but the other is interrogated

Jon Moss is a leeds fan right?

Longshanks

I can swallow shit decisions if there's no VAR. We still see the same amount of shit decisions as before now though, and there's var to check them, so that makes it so much worse for me. Get rid of VAR and go back to the days of just accepting errors for what they are. I wouldn't have any complaints before with their goal as its hard to catch, but with VAR not calling that is outrageous.
I will second that, VAR is a complete mystery to me now we simply have no idea which way any decision will go and if anything there is more inconsistency than before VAR.

At least before VAR the refs would set a tone early in a game about just how much physicality they will allow, now noone knows just how much they can get away with and we are seeing some truly bizarre decisions made by refs I think VAR has scrambled there minds.

The case in point being Maguires disallowed goal vs burnley and west Broms opener today without VAR you could shrug those decisions off a little but the fact that they both got looked at and neither got overturned is frankly embarrassing on the part of the referees involved.

Not saying that if the decision goes are way it makes any difference nor am I excusing the defending for it or the overall performance afterward but the very least we should expect with VAR is that they get the key decisions right and there not there making more obvious mistakes despite having the technology available.

Hughie77

Agree, hes too nice , but Maguires interview after W Brom hes sick of it, he had a fair go at the descions against us The one today The SU game as well , I cant see how today's goal wasn't a foul, at first it looked he just got his head in front, then you see it hes all over Lindelof puts his hands over his face then heads it in. The ref today is not the best to be fair or the VAR one . Pawson on pitch bad Moss on VAR bad again.

Hughie77

I don't have too much of an issue with the end result of either incident but what I don't understand is why VAR thought there was enough with the Peno to suggest the Ref should go have a look at the screen but apparently there wasn't enough in the goal to suggest the same thing?

There's as much of a grey area in both incidents so I don't understand why one is just dismissed but the other is interrogated

Jon Moss is a leeds fan right?
The ref was wrong to blow in first place for the pen, hes done it because VAR is there to overturn his mistake. For there goal it's a bloody shambles hes left that go anywhere else on the pitch he blows for a foul. VAR is here for clear and obvious errors, the pen was an error accept it, but there goal was a foul and we cannot accept that. Ole needs to put an official complaint in about these cock ups.

IMO, it was not a foul. Lindelof was a bit soft. He should be more aggressive and attack the ball first as he was in much better position. Having said that I have seen some decisions went the other way. That's football for you. 50-50.
Well put it this way, if it's not a foul then neither was Maguire's goal a few weeks ago. This one was much more blatant than that was.

Member 101269

It’ was interesting to read the RAWK post, some saying Salah should have got a pen when he drives. Then we have today’s face and arm grab.

Hmm such a spread of views on what is a foul. I’m curious whether the runs define a foul so differently

Denis79

It all balances out in the end, we had some good fortune with VAR earlier now we get some bad calls.

Abhinav

Are people being thick & contrary on purpose? In what world is that not a foul on Lindelof? Elbow him on the back and then cover his face with the hand? Doesn’t matter if Lindelof is weak or not, its a blatant foul.
Also, we are not relying on refs to help win the game. We are relying on refs not to feck us over so that we don’t end up with a handicap in these games. That we were bad is a separate issue, it does not absolve the refs of the awful decisions against us.

wolvored

FFS we were playing the 19th team and had 90 mins after to score more than 1 goal. If were gonna moan about this and make it an excuse not to win then we really shouldnt be challenging for top 4 and should be fighting relegation. We couldnt beat another team that have been the whipping boys for virtually everybody else. Where we moaning when we were getting soft pens early on? Martial hitting the deck if the wind blew on him? The goal that stood after the ball went at least a yard over the touchline? Fergie said it all evens out over a season about dubious goals being allowed and he was right.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Werent good today, but how that goal was given is beyond ridiculous. Blatant foul and actually covered his eyes too.