We lack creativity

Skills

Snitch
Needs to be addressed in the summer. Especially if we want to go ahead with this set up.

Our best two attackers (Martial & Rashford) are better getting on the end of chances. When we want Pogba to attack the box, there's nobody else there who can pick out a pass and create something out of nowhere. Even lingard's strengths lie in his off-ball movement, so we don't have anybody outside of Pogba in the team who can get the ball to feet, look up and find a ball.

It's why we always end up passing the ball out wide because nobody else has a clue what to do with it. It's just a result of the lack of ideas.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A right sided player who isn't a striker or a cm and another quality CM addition could do wonders for this.

Brightonian

Jesus, this is the most knee-jerk thing I've ever seen. After 8 games full of verve, creativity and exciting attacking play, one draw against Burnley (featuring 28 attempts on goal) and we 'lack creativity.'

Bojan11

I’d look at replacing Mata with somebody like Fekir. Mata too many sideward passes. When he does cross it he can’t beat first man. Twice tonight he could have given a Lukaku a tap in. But he failed to deliver the ball.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Give Mata more playing time, apparently that will sort out the issue.

Revan

Assumptionman
Jesus, this is the most knee-jerk thing I've ever seen. After 8 games full of verve, creativity and exciting attacking play, one draw against Burnley (featuring 28 attempts on goal) and we 'lack creativity.'
What Brightonian says. I wish everyone will stop posting until tomorrow.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We lacked our front 3 is what. They're responsible for what we've seen during the last 8 games. We all know Lukaku and Mata are cack.

arthurka

Touche

Lynty

Herrera is decent at creating.

It think RB, CB and DM needs addressing first.

Imagine if we had a right back who was competent at crossing the ball. Today would have been a different game with the amount of opportunities Young had to deliver a chance.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
For crying out loud, how pathetic can this place get when we don't get expected results. It happens sometimes especially against teams that set up very deep and are well organised defensively. There are no team in the world that have never failed to break down a stubborn defense even once.

Heck City just failed to beat Newcastle and were frustrated by a well organise defense. After a run of games where we scored plenty and showed creativity, we're supposed to forget all that just because we've stumbled once.

Some of you ought to calm down before creating threads.

Eriku

To be fair, there were a lot of speculative efforts and aimless crosses, but I agree, it’s a lazy talking point. I prefer that to slow motion zombie passing, though. That craze drove me mad.

Canagel

We need a RB. I'm done with Valencia and Young. Neither of them can cross a ball so why are they playing as RB?
If we look at the diamond formation that gets best from attack we need better delivery in wide areas . Look at Mendy for City - I think he's got 5 assits. That's the levels we need.

Apart from that there's nothing else to comment. Rashford shouldn't have been moved away from centre and we lacked Martial. our 2nd best creative player.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hardly kneejerk. Plenty were saying this beforehand, justifiably. A third midfielder is an obvious position that can be upgraded, and we still have no right side. Both sides at fullback still not contributing.

It's not like there's no room for improvement all of a sudden.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Also someone should start a thread mentioning that City lack creativity, after all they lost toNewcastle. Probably no one in that team with any ounce of creativity

predator

Youth NITK
This forum as a whole brings out some characters. We have just won 8 games on the bounce since changing managers and have looked deadly and alien like compared to the past 5+ years. I know it's literally only discussion and that's the whole point but can't we just be positive and wait until things become more permanent for us a club.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we missed Lingarrd. He finds space in between the defense and MF and then opens up the play. I think Mata is too slow for the RW.

Hindsight is a great thing but we should have played Herrera or even Fred instead of Andreas and should have started Sanchez on the wing with Rashford up top.

Red4Life_#7

We need someone like Douglas Costa on the RW. Then a top CM and CB... (maybe LB to put pressure on Shaw, replacement for Blind) done!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This is wrong sorry. We didn't drop points because we weren't creative enough. The stats tell you that.

Rozski

I feel like lack of movement was more of a problem than lack of creativity. Also just playing too slow which Ole mentioned after the match.

Rashford and Lingard are the only ones that seem to really make good runs consistently. Lukaku doesn’t move around as much as he should, it’s not Mata’s game so I don’t really blame him, Alexis doesn’t seem to make runs behind at all. Even Martial would rather have the ball played to feet than make runs in behind. I think we would have had a lot more luck in the first half and put the game away if we had more movement up top. It seemed like we had players on the ball looking up a lot and not seeing anything going on in front of them.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It wasn't bad enough today to push this idea. The other team was very, very, very good at crowding the pen area.

izec

It is too Pogba heavy, he is the only one with exceptional passing ability. Either another one in midfield steps up or the right winger we hopefully buy can mix it up. No movement makes it also more difficult. Our fullbacks also dont help

Habs

Pogba is our only real source of creativity, if he were to get injured we would struggle to create anything I reckon. Definitely need to bring in another creative player as neither Mata or Sanchez are good enough anymore

ravi2

We need someone like Douglas Costa on the RW. Then a top CM and CB... (maybe LB to put pressure on Shaw, replacement for Blind) done!
Wev'e needed a proper right winger for years now. If we get D Costa or Sancho and a RB who can actually cross the ball we would look so much better.

AgentSquirrel

This is wrong sorry. We didn't drop points because we weren't creative enough. The stats tell you that.
Just watching the match would have told us that. We created a lot of chances and missed most of them. Could do with getting a proper goal poacher on the books.

Patrick08

It wasn't bad enough today to push this idea. The other team was very, very, very good at crowding the pen area.
Not just that, at pressing our midfield and slowing down the play too, that's where cbs should quicken it up with the passes and showed naivivity, specially jones.

el3mel

We lack proper mentality. That's all. We entered the game and played like it has been already won before it was even played. That was the problem today.

ravi2

Eriksen is good enough from the right/right channel as well.
I would love Eriksen, but I dont see Levy selling him to us. He would much faster sell him to Barca or Madrid first... and I think both of those clubs would be in for him this summer

RC89

Today wasn't lack of creativity, we lacked sharpness. Misplaced passes, poor finishing.

Patrick08

We arent getting him from Spurs, an actual right winger is what we need.
One year left on his contract in the summer. Time to act like a big club. Also he can play right wing.

A right winger will create more problems and block path of one of our forwards as well and there ain't good enough options available who are ready made.

beergod

I feel like lack of movement was more of a problem than lack of creativity. Also just playing too slow which Ole mentioned after the match.

Rashford and Lingard are the only ones that seem to really make good runs consistently. Lukaku doesn’t move around as much as he should, it’s not Mata’s game so I don’t really blame him, Alexis doesn’t seem to make runs behind at all. Even Martial would rather have the ball played to feet than make runs in behind. I think we would have had a lot more luck in the first half and put the game away if we had more movement up top. It seemed like we had players on the ball looking up a lot and not seeing anything going on in front of them.
The amount of times our players in midfield received the ball, then looked up and saw our attackers flush with the defensive line was annoying. It would've required a moment of utter brilliance to make something out of the positions our forward players were in today.

Seven Seas Sardines

All game you could see our backline frustrated with lack of movement. Playing Lukaku and Mata when width and pace was needed was always doomed to fail.

We also would've scored more having Dalot pinging in crosses instead of fecking Young.

Patrick08

I would love Eriksen, but I dont see Levy selling him to us. He would much faster sell him to Barca or Madrid first... and I think both of those clubs would be in for him this summer
For once, we should act like a big club and compete. Barca just got de jong, and Madrid are beatable.