We need a new term for the time period after Fergie retired | the winner is 'TERP'

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
A dating system like BC and AD - preferably without the Latin, of course.

So many variations across the board - since SAF, after Fergie retired, since 2013, since our last title, since Woodward took over, since we appointed Moyes, since that season by Liverpool, et al.

We need to standardize this once and for all.

I vote for 'SFR' (Since Fergie Retired).

Scotty McT

Post Moyes Signing

PMS.

The most common symptoms of PMS include:

• mood swings
  • feeling upset, anxious or irritable
  • tiredness or trouble sleeping
  • bloating or tummy pain
  • breast tenderness
  • headaches
  • spotty skin or greasy hair
  • changes in appetite and sex drive

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s known as the banter era already

OleGunnar20

The Dull as Dishwater years - DAD.

How Van Gaal & Mourinho managed to sap the life out of football so efficiently I'll never truly understand. Thank the nordic gods for bringing us Ole!

Mark Pawelek

Post Moyes Signing

PMS.

The most common symptoms of PMS include:

• mood swings
  • feeling upset, anxious or irritable
  • tiredness or trouble sleeping
  • bloating or tummy pain
  • breast tenderness
  • headaches
  • spotty skin or greasy hair
  • changes in appetite and sex drive
Not to be confused with PMS = Pre Moyes Stress = that awful feeling of angst felt just before your football club is wrecked by someone acting like a drunken wrecking ball operator in a China Shop.

Alternatively AKA as PMS = Pre-Mourinho Stress. Means exactly the same as the Moyes version.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Trials and tribulations.
Years of famine.
The plague.

Abizzz

The Woodward years. Hopefully we're in the last of them.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
TERP - The Embarrassing, Rapid Plummet. Similar to ‘The Great Depression’ in that it’ll be defined as a certain period rather than an indefinite one like you suggest (Since Fergie Retired). So in 15 years time we can refer back to the era and say things like “I’d rather not talk about it” or “I lost 3 children during TERP”

It could also be used as an insult, for example when Phil Jones is still playing for us in 2027 we can post things such as “how the feck is this fat TERP still starting?”

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
TERP - The Embarrassing, Rapid Plummet. Similar to ‘The Great Depression’ in that it’ll be defined as a certain period rather than an indefinite one like you suggest (Since Fergie Retired). So in 15 years time we can refer back to the era and say things like “I’d rather not talk about it” or “I lost 3 children during TERP”

It could also be used as an insult, for example when Phil Jones is still playing for us in 2027 we can post things such as “how the feck is this fat TERP still starting?”
We have a winner.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Bit dark... I hope not true!

SCJY

Perhaps a refinement could be TERD: The Embarrassing, Rapid Decline. Also sounds like TURD when said out loud.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Perhaps a refinement could be TERD: The Embarrassing, Rapid Decline. Also sounds like TURD when said out loud.
So immature. This is a serious thread with a serious discussion point