We need another forward this January

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Seriously, just seen in transfer tweets that Athletico can't raise €20m for Cavani? Surely worth a punt. Pay them €5m for a loan and then option to buy. Quick deal. I think he'd do well in the Premier League

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Has to be the number one choice.

Only problem is his contract ends in the summer. So he's more likely to wind that down in favour of a huge sign on fee in the summer.
Where have you seen that?

Transfermarkt says his contract ends Summer 2021.

Either way Napoli are currently trying to tie him to a new contract, but I would hope we are at least enquiring about the situation.

Dong Fangzhuo

Has to be the number one choice.

Only problem is his contract ends in the summer. So he's more likely to wind that down in favour of a huge sign on fee in the summer.
Contract ends 2021 according to transfermarkt. Maybe you're thinking about Mertens?

Rafaeldagold

So frustrating to get a good player like Bruno who will undoubtedly raise our quality yet no striker which we desperately need.

Are we incapable of working on 2/3 deals at the same time?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Seriously, just seen in transfer tweets that Athletico can't raise €20m for Cavani? Surely worth a punt. Pay them €5m for a loan and then option to buy. Quick deal. I think he'd do well in the Premier League
Contract expires in summer. PSG don’t want to lose him now. The only meaningful part of their season begins next month. Not sure anyone would raise €20m for four months of an increasingly injury prone Cavani. Even in the unlikely event of 20 appearances before the end of the season, that’s €1m in transfer fees per match alone, let alone wages and fees to the player and agent.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Where have you seen that?

Transfermarkt says his contract ends Summer 2021.

Either way Napoli are currently trying to tie him to a new contract, but I would hope we are at least enquiring about the situation.
Contract ends 2021 according to transfermarkt. Maybe you're thinking about Mertens?
My mistake. You're both right of course. Milik's expires summer next year & it's Mertens that is done this summer.

We should be all over Milik before Napoli re-contract him imo.

Jonnymufc

Contract expires in summer. PSG don’t want to lose him now. The only meaningful part of their season begins next month. Not sure anyone would raise €20m for four months of an increasingly injury prone Cavani. Even in the unlikely event of 20 appearances before the end of the season, that’s €1m in transfer fees per match alone, let alone wages and fees to the player and agent.
Ok fair enough on the loan point but still think £17m would be worth a go for Cavani. He'd probably have a bit of resale value but even if we got a year from him its worth it. Won't happen but I'd happily do it.

Ikon

if reports are true that him and his entourage insisted on a 50m (regardless £ or €) buyout clause I can understand why we turned down the deal.
Initially I felt the same but on reflection I thought, well so what if he wants a release clause?
Whats the worst that can happen?
We could have signed him for £20m and he'd score shedloads of goals...
If he wants to leave we'd make a healthy profit more than doubling our money, or maybe he doesn't want to leave, in which case the release clause is irrelevant.

Joseunited

Any links cropping up yet? Apart from this Rondon one.
Sky are saying an agent has got in touch with them and Willian San Jose from Sociedad has been offered to United in a loan deal.
He was pulled from their team to play Osasuna last night.

Take all that with a pinch of salt.

Keyser

Only a hunch but Jovic on loan, if he works out we do a deal with Real to keep him as part of the Pogba deal

RedDevilRoshi

Diego Costa?

Especially if Atletico Madrid are looking to bring Cavani in.

Guy has experience playing in this league and a good scoring record with Chelsea.

tidraKS

It's going to be between Willian Jose and Slimani. I'm sure we will get one or the other on loan.

KChucky88

I choose Cavani because he is excellent player but sadly very unlikely because he will want play in champion league this season

Loon

:lol:
I know nothing about this guy, and I presume Barca pulled out of the deal because he's currently in China, but what about this Cedric Bakambu? I guess he'd be quarantined (I'm not even joking)?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I know nothing about this guy, and I presume Barca pulled out of the deal because he's currently in China, but what about this Cedric Bakambu? I guess he'd be quarantined (I'm not even joking)?
He's a good player but I don't like the idea of players that go to China in their prime for money. Don't think they're the ones with the correct mentality to get United back to where they want to be.

DeeDee7

It's going to be between Willian Jose and Slimani. I'm sure we will get one or the other on loan.
Why is Willian Jose being offered to other clubs? 20 games for 8 goals, 16 starts. Has something suddenly happened? And a loan deal offer? seems odd.

Slimani also, why would Leicester help us out?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Honestly don't get why we haven't gone for Cavani, 18 month deal could have the same impact as Ibra had

croadyman

So if you had to put a percentage or out of ten on us getting a striker before 11pm tonight what would it be

Macedonian Red

Obviosly we cant get class striker this window. If we get one, he will be short term. But who are options for the summer? Which top class striker we can bring in?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So, who's it going to be? If we end up getting some short-term fix on loan, I hope it's someone who can play with his back to goal, bully defenders and is not afraid of getting into the box, to try to actually get on the end of things.

Even with everyone fit, we don't have a pure striker.

HD7

Obviosly we cant get class striker this window. If we get one, he will be short term. But who are options for the summer? Which top class striker we can bring in?
Werner. If we finish in the top4 we have to be all ober him