We need another forward this January

croadyman

This is awful news for us. Now we are desperate in midfield and attack.
This is exactly what can happen when you overplay someone,maybe this is related to his ankle injury from last season.

What are our realistic options for a striker this month,I wouldn't say Cavani as think he is Atletico bound and doubt that Werner will move until the summer. I have seen people suggesting Jovic who isn't getting much game time at Real but don't see us moving for him.

Let's just say the January window is now up to three signings. We already badly needed a DM (Llorente - loan) & AM (Bruno) and now you can add Striker (Mertens) to that list as well

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We're not signing Cavani permanently or on loan. He's A.Madrid bound.

One striker I thought we would look at would've been Zapata at Atlanta,though disappointingly they've just officially signed him from Sampdoria.

Another possible left field option,for a permanent transfer,would be Malen at PSV.
One to keep a eye on atleast.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think we need a right forward more than a striker

James is better suited to the left, and obviously Rashford plays there long term

Martial is best suited up front, and Greenwood is decent back-up

Who do we have who prefers the right? No fecker
What about kanging Lee from Valencia?

Long term possibly a bit central but can play on the right and is left footed.

Chukwueze isn't bad either but is very rusty in his decision making.

I agree with you though - my biggest problem still is that we still have not sorted out our RW spot.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I suspect Dalot will be moved up to RW for a bit. He’s played well there before, although offers no goal threat, which will be an issue. But he’s someone we can rotate with Greenwood.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Dalot has played that position. Certainly up for debate whether he's actually done well,though.

Macedonian Red

Go and get Ziyech!

James-Martial-Ziyech is not bad at all. And you have a players who play at his natural position. Or get striker and play Martial left and James right, both out of their best positions. In that case I dont know who is best choice.

Jimenez, Cavani, Dembele, Jovic, Mariano... realistic options.

manuchamp88

"We aren't desperate. If the right player is there for us, and will fit, we can buy.

"If loans are possible, it might be possible but I have players here chomping at the bit."

:lol:
This could quite easily be a quote from a bottom 10 side.

el3mel

We can't even sign a midfielder and people are talking about signing another striker. If we don't sign Bruno this window then no one will come.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Just go to Dortmund and give them a blank check for Sancho.
We are going to get a big middle finger in return.

Quality winter signings are very rare. We had our chance to sign Haaland and Woodward fecked it up. End of story. At best we can hope for some loan.

Doesn’t suit his style of play at all, and is also rubbish. We’d be no worse off playing Matic up front.
Agree. I would rather not bring anybody than bring that pensioner shite Giroud. Starting Greenwood every match until Rashy gets back would be even better. But if we are realistic about having a half-decent team we should loan somebody like Cavani instead. If we can manage to make that deal happen. At this point, I am doubting you can send Woodward to buy a pound of shrimp at a supermarket, without him fecking that up.

Last edited:

roseguy64

Quality winter signings are very rare. We had our chance to sign Haaland and Woodward fecked it up. End of story.

Agree. I would rather not sign anybody than bring that pensioner shite Giroud. Starting Greenwood every match until Rashy gets back would be even better. But if we are realistic about having a half-decent team we should loan somebody like Cavani instead. If we can manage to make that deal happen. At this point, I am doubting you can send Woodward to buy a pound of shrimp at a supermarket, without fecking that up.
How did Woodward mess up with Haaland?

NewGlory

How did Woodward mess up with Haaland?
By failing to sign him. Haaland scored a hat trick for Borrusia, instead of scoring something for us yesterday and helping us beat those smug scousers + giving us chance for top 4, this season.

Please don't give me the "he wanted Borussia" bullcrap. We could have had him if we paid enough to all involved parties and structured a deal that all could accept.

ManRed

Quality winter signings are very rare. We had our chance to sign Haaland and Woodward fecked it up. End of story. At best we can hope for some loan.

Agree. I would rather not bring anybody than bring that pensioner shite Giroud. Starting Greenwood every match until Rashy gets back would be even better. But if we are realistic about having a half-decent team we should loan somebody like Cavani instead. If we can manage to make that deal happen. At this point, I am doubting you can send Woodward to buy a pound of shrimp at a supermarket, without him fecking that up.
Pound of shrimp is much more complicated than you think. Large shrimp, small shrimp, Jumbo, frozen, fresh, cooked, raw, white, breaded, garlic or herbs etc

Ludens the Red

Pound of shrimp is much more complicated than you think. Large shrimp, small shrimp, Jumbo, frozen, fresh, cooked, raw, white, breaded, garlic or herbs etc
Pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup.

ISMAIL-007

Time to see what this board is made of, we are struggling to sign Bruno and now because of Rashford injury signing striker is absolutely necessary. This is what happens when you keep overplaying Under-23 players, there is nothing wrong with playing kids but when you put too much weight on their shoulder things tend to get ugly pretty quick.

Whoever is in charge of risk analysis & management (if there is) and strategic planning their doing some lousy job.

NewGlory

I know. Which is exactly why I wouldn't trust Woodward to handle it. You ask him for fresh jumbo breaded, and he brings frozen small, a day before the expiration date.

buchansleftleg

We bring our other striker home? Sanchez?

That would save a few bucks.
I have a horrid feeling this will actually happen...and Woodward will claim it as "good business" that he has rediscovered his form in Italy. We will get leaks that this might be happening and if the fans don't scream blue murder he will try and get away with it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I have a horrid feeling this will actually happen...and Woodward will claim it as "good business" that he has rediscovered his form in Italy. We will get leaks that this might be happening and if the fans don't scream blue murder he will try and get away with it.
May have to if we are to get the Bruno desk across the line plus a replacement for Marcus.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Look he isnt shit he just didnt fit in the team with Rashford and Martial wanting to play out left. With Lukaku gone allowing AM to play central and Rashford injured he would have a free run out on the left. However I dont know if we can recall him or if Ole even wants to.

Slysi17

Bid 70 million for Jimenez,

Wolves surely would accept that
We absolutely wouldn't do that. We would make a low ball offer. Wolves would reject it and we would try to negotiate the transfer fee down. People running transfers are clowns.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pity Chicharito just did his MLS deal, otherwise he’d have been a good option for 6 months.

Is there anyone in Brazil we could look at short term? Gabigol perhaps?

jackal&hyde

Cavani on a similar contract situation as Young would make the most sense. Quality, experience, the right position. If we could get him and Bruno we might have a decent window yet.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Cavani has been angling for the Atleti move for ages, we're not getting him.

Judas

Open to offers
Pity Chicharito just did his MLS deal, otherwise he’d have been a good option for 6 months.

Is there anyone in Brazil we could look at short term? Gabigol perhaps?
Thank god he did. He'd have been a terrible option. Long long past his best and completely reliant on quality service.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Josh Maja and Samuel Kalu could be good options from Bordeaux. Although the former hasn't been there that long. I don't see us getting anyone we haven't scouted before mind you. Maybe that Russian lad?

I doubt Timo Werner would be interested in joining us, but my first choice by far, now that Haaland turned us down. Hope we at least try to get him.

Lee565

Josip illic of Atalanta has only 6 months on his contract, why would we not be him, he seems to be able to play anywhere across the attacking positions

starman

As a loan option Bale is the obvious choice really.

Maybe Gabigol, seasons ended in Brazil, has he returned to Inters bench?

Alabaster Codify7

There will be dozens of strikers in Europe that we can nab in this window, even if it's on loan. It doesn't need to be a superstar, just a solid enough striker that can help carry the load and chip in with a few goals, even off the bench.

You cannot tell me that our supposed network of scouts can't find anyone that would fit that description.

lurkingfan

We don't have any money :/. 40mil in the bank just now (according to various sources after the quarterly results), then it'll be more loans against the club in the summer... we better start winning stuff soon.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There will be dozens of strikers in Europe that we can nab in this window, even if it's on loan. It doesn't need to be a superstar, just a solid enough striker that can help carry the load and chip in with a few goals, even off the bench.

You cannot tell me that our supposed network of scouts can't find anyone that would fit that description.
We have a scouting network?!