We need another forward this January

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Cavani stinks of a Falcao signing. I'd rather see us getting Piatek or Jovic on loan with right to buy.

Luke1995

Tevez has a weird personality. Sometimes he plays like a warrior but other times he complains about missing Argentina, Boca Juniors and stuff. Risk X Reward

Nr.7

SkySports reporting we’re looking into loan deals for Ighalo (former Watford striker) and/or Slimani.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
SkySports reporting we’re looking into loan deals for Ighalo (former Watford striker) and/or Slimani.
This is all getting far too fecking silly now.... :rolleyes:

DamoK

Such poor planning letting Lukaku and Sanchez go without signing a replacement. Injuries were inevitable with such a small squad.

JoaquinJoaquin

Zlatan said he would come here if needed, why was this ignored by our manager? He is exactly what we needed as a stop gap until the end of the season!!!!!!
Would most likely want too much in wages for what the club are wanting to pay. It's why they aren't looking at Cavani. Have to remember we are in salary strip mode right now. Ighalo will probably ask for half.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Cavani stinks of a Falcao signing. I'd rather see us getting Piatek or Jovic on loan with right to buy.
Can't see Real letting Jovic go out on loan. A backup striker is always needed when your first choice is getting on a bit.

As for Piatek... he recently complained that his Milan teammates aren't creating enough chances for him. What could go wrong there??

No Love

Can't wait until I see a team sheet with Lingard, Ighalo and Pereira in it.
If you were watching a match in the Championship and that front three lined up - Lingard on the left, Ighalo through the middle and Pereira on the right, you really wouldn’t question it that vehemently, would you? I wouldn’t, anyway. Glaring lack of quality right there.

DamoK

Any truth to the rumour that Woodward is at Emile Heskeys house asking him to come out of retirement to play a few games for us ?

No Love

Any truth to the rumour that Woodward is at Emile Heskeys house asking him to come out of retirement to play a few games for us ?
Nah, it’s Slimani and Ighalo. One mediocre striker at a time. United deal with transfers very carefully, at a pace comparable to Juan Mata pushing an overburdened tea trolley.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Neil Shipperly got off lightly didn't he so he would be available? Right thread this time d'oh.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Anyone have an informed opinion on this Edouard lad at Celtic?

Has a better goal-scoring record (29 goals/50 games) than Dembele had (26 goals/55 games) there.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Zlatan said he would come here if needed, why was this ignored by our manager? He is exactly what we needed as a stop gap until the end of the season!!!!!!
It wasn't ignored at all mate. Ole acknowledged it and with arrogance said 'he can call us if he wants'.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can't see Real letting Jovic go out on loan. A backup striker is always needed when your first choice is getting on a bit.

As for Piatek... he recently complained that his Milan teammates aren't creating enough chances for him. What could go wrong there??
We get piatek on loan. He stays for few months, if he does well then we sign him on a permanent basis else he fecks back to Milan. That's a better option them signing an injury prone former player

Alabaster Codify7

If we do sign a striker on loan, it is going to be an absolute weapon isn't it. One of those signings we look back at in 2025 and go "what the feck was going on then".

Wheato

Holy crap, we really are in financial trouble. Watford and Leicester cast offs, both the wrong side of 30. Actually, is someone having a wind up?

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Have a feeling it's going to be Zaha. Oh wait, can't be... He hates us doesn't he?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I think Cavani would be a massive mistake.

why do we pay our scouts. I mean we can’t find one decent stop gap striker?

cavani, tevez, ighalo... Jesus wept.

Ander herrera the warrior

Is there any chance to sign moussa dembele? Heard that lyon just signed a new striker and dembele is heavily linked to join Chelsea? He is the only proper young striker that we have been linked to.

No Love

If we’re serious about the loan market, surely Carrasco is worth bringing in, no? Rumoured to be going to Palace.

theklr

What about Carles Perez? Not exactly a forward, but a right winger isnt to scoff at either.

tjb

I'm not so sure. We look better with Mata playing from the right and having an attacking midfielder central, and considering the fact that we do not have a midfielder who can dictate the tempo of the game from deep, having two higher up the pitch in Bruno Fernandes and ?? might make sense. Of course, this all depends on who we get to replace Pogba as our no.8 in the summer. What is clear is that we do need additional quality in our three attacking positions. I would not prioritize a striker either. As much as the media has hyped up the need for this position, we at least have a capable but sometimes deficient player in Martial playing there ( who could get better at the role) and a capable back up in Greenwood, on the right, we legitimately do not have a player that can consistently play there for us. James is trying his best, but the truth is, he is not starting quality for united at the moment. We cannot expect consistent quality from a player, although growing, that has never shown this at any level prior. We are seriously lacking in attacking midfield and on the right wing as we do not have any players capable of even filling in the role in the short term. The players we have there are bottom of the league/championship leave in two of our most creative positions. How can anyone criticize the team for not creating chances when those two positions have so much dearth in talent. We need to focus on areas where we have nothing first, and then improve the quality/review the quality on positions ( centre back, left back and striker) that we have people capable of playing the role, but are not sure how they will develop there. What is clear from the past few years is that we are not going to spend money on four players coming in at once with high fees. So let's focus on improving the areas in urgent need of surgery.

Ballist1x

"Hi is that Cavani?"

"Yes this is Slimani!, how can I help?"

"Hi Cavani we want to take you on loan "

"Yes Slimani here theres a bad line but I'm very intetested"...

And that's how you sign A Kleberson.

48 hours

Joshua King makes a suprise return and CAF goes into meltdown mode.
Nah, he’s Norwegian so will reject us like Haaland. Joel wouldn’t let us spend the money either. So our only hope is Bony who is a free agent I think.....may God have mercy on us all