We need another forward this January

Zoo

This is awful news for us. Now we are desperate in midfield and attack.

Bwuk

Remember posters being against signing Halaand.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Just go to Dortmund and give them a blank check for Sancho.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No we don't. I thought we did but I've been convinced by hundreds of well written posts in the Haaland thread that signing another forward would block Martial's, Rashford's and Greenwood's development.

El Zoido

I agree but it’s not going to happen. It’s Bruno or bust.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Said it elsewhere but Cavani would be a perfect fix imo.

davidmichael

Like it or not Woodward needs to spend big money or we can forget this season being anything other than another write off, test Dortmund with £100 million for Sancho and keep pushing as I think they’d sell in January if the offer is right and I think if told he’d be one of our main players Sancho would come.

Godfather

No we don't. I thought we did but I've been convinced by hundreds of well written posts in the Haaland thread that signing another forward would block Martial's, Rashford's and Greenwood's development.
This place can't be helped at times. We needed a forward in the summer already. Now it's just getting ridiculous.

Member 90887

Haaland wanted to be first choice, he wasn't guaranteed that at United.
Not just that, it was reported that the deal broke because him and Raiola wanted a release clause in his contrat to which we didn't agree.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The problem we have is that other than Haaland, there's no quality forward of the calibre needed available this window.

We have to both ensure that the Bruno transfer goes through and that he hits the ground running or our chances are over.

Like it or not Woodward needs to spend big money or we can forget this season being anything other than another write off, test Dortmund with £100 million for Sancho and keep pushing as I think they’d sell in January if the offer is right and I think if told he’d be one of our main players Sancho would come.
That isn't much of a test. They know they can get over £120m for him in the summer. I can't see them selling this window at all as they know they can get just as much in summer for him as they can this window, and with the form he is in, he is crucial to them qualifying for the next stage of the Champions League.

passing-wind

I think you have to question what level of player is willing to come here to not only play under Solskjaer but also be content with our clubs current situation.

We will have to look at the Wilson's of the league and if it's 50 odd million then so be it. We can't attract a young prodigy despite being light upfront, I don't see how anyone thinks we can pull an established striker at this current conjunction of time.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You'll probably have to take a chance on an up and comer, obviously not as proven as Haaland but someone scoring decent amounts in one of the lower leagues.

Jibbs

At this point even Jarrod Bowen would do. Just get somebody.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Not just that, it was reported that the deal broke because him and Raiola wanted a release clause in his contrat to which we didn't agree.
I know but couldn't bother to type that. Some will just make up their own truth.

Lee565

Said it elsewhere but Cavani would be a perfect fix imo.
I would go along with this right now, Probably about as good as we can get without being completely mugged off though I wouldnt hold my breath with dumb and dumber in charge of negotiations. Probably wont happen though as we know Woodward and judge need a whole month to make a single signing.

I bet Solskjear mugs the fans off with the same bs of we have enough to make do with chongy, lingz and greeny.

koop

That would involve us being proactive and smart.
What do you think will happen?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You tend to like pinching Arsenal star strikers so guess Aubameyang could be a target with his contract having just 18 months left. That would get Jim White ejaculating. Can't really see it though as he'd just be swopping one europa league hopeful for another.

Giroud's move to Inter Milan has apparently stalled. Not sure why they want him anyway with Lukaku and Martinez as first choice and Alexis backup. Can see you coming in for him last minute as you can actually offer him starts in the short term.

Alabaster Codify7

Yes we do and no, we won't sign anyone. Watch how few goals we now score going forward. All our hopes are hinged on fairweather Martial and a 18yr old kid. It's shocking, shocking state of affairs.

Mark Pawelek

Strikers and attacking midfielders with contracts expiring next June. Nothing to stop us buying 1 or 2 apart from Glazers:

Centre forward:

Artem Dzyuba, 31, Zenit S-Pb, Russia
Dries Mertens, 32, Napoli, Italy
Marcos Paulo, 18, Fluminense, Brazil
Edinson Cavani, 32, Paris SG France

Attacking midfielder:

Josip Ilicic, 31, Atalanta, Italy
Adrien Hunou, 25, Rennes, France
Gastón Pereiro, 24, PSV, Holland
Mario Götze, 27, Dortmund, Germany
Viktor Kovalenko, 23, Shakhtar Donesk, Ukraine

Right wing:

José Callejón, 32, Napoli, Italy
Juan Cuadrado, 31, Juventus, Italy
Jarrod Bowen, 22, Hull, Championship
Bright Samuel, 21, QPR, Championship
Ryan Fraser, 25, Bournemouth, EPL
Daniel Caligiuri, 31, FC Schalke 04, Germany
Isaac Lihadji, 17, Marseille, France

Yagami

Good post resistant
We knew this even before Rashford's injury. God, we're a mess.

I'd like someone like Hwang or J.Ayew. Can play all over the attack, both are strong technical players in which we are in desperate need of, and I think both would be doable in Jan.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Definitely! Without another goal scorer we'll be in freefall to the bottom half of the table in no time. Pushing for top 4 is gone without at least 2 big signings.

Art Vandelay

Signing another forward would only upset Martial, stifle Greenwood, annoy James, vex Rashford, wind up Lingard, ruffle Mata's feathers, piss on Fred's chips, disgruntle Shaw and put a hitch in McTominay's giddy up. It would be both negligent and insane for us to sign players when we already have players. The Haaland thread taught me this.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
OGS on 5 live just said they'll be looking at loans or short term deals for new striker so think Giroud will massively come into your consideration with him available from Chelsea.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
OGS on 5 live just said they'll be looking at loans or short term deals for new striker so think Giroud will massively come into your consideration with him available from Chelsea.
Chelsea would be fecking mental to help us out.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Doesn’t suit his style of play at all, and is also rubbish. We’d be no worse off playing Matic up front.

Verminator

Signing another forward would only upset Martial, stifle Greenwood, annoy James, vex Rashford, wind up Lingard, ruffle Mata's feathers, piss on Fred's chips, disgruntle Shaw and put a hitch in McTominay's giddy up. It would be both negligent and insane for us to sign players when we already have players. The Haaland thread taught me this.
:lol::lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Hwang for me and if Cavani is rumoured to be only 10m then should be in for him as well
No brainer to get Cavani for us. We have young strikers around and could need some experience up top.
By the time he might retire we could have Greenwood and Rashford ready to lead the line with some new players around.