We need another forward this January

Number32

Unpopular opinion, how about Artem Dzyuba? He was happy to sit on the bench for Zenit but keeps scoring until this day. He will be free in the summer.

He never leave Russian league, but I'm impress with his performance in Champions League and International.

BlueHaze

Piatek is available either on loan or straight out buy according to reliable sources. He's had a pretty bad season but to no surprise as he's confidence is shot. That guy in form was an absolute beast up front. With the Rashford situation we should be all over this.

If we weren't such a joke club Bruno would have been wrapped up a week ago already and a forward would have been taken in this week. Bruno and Piatek are both very doable deals but alas here we are doing absolute feck all despite a severe injury crisis.

enurs

My dream signing is Jimenez. PL proven, different player than Martial and right age to lift the team for next 2-3 seasons.

Ibi Dreams

We probably should have got (or tried to get) Ben Yedder like was rumoured in the summer. Just checked on him and he's scored 15 in 21 this season, 30 in 54 the season before. Went to Monaco for 40m Euros

thomas porter

Mariano Diaz at Real Madrid would be a player who could be available and would fit the style of play Ole wants us to play.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Mariano Diaz at Real Madrid would be a player who could be available and would fit the style of play Ole wants us to play.
He'd be a throaway signing and immediatly gone once Rashford is back, his technical level is way too low for United and he is EXTREMELY selfish, he shoots at every opportunity regardless of whether he's in a good position or not.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Some rumours floating around of us getting Alcacer from Dortmund.

Think the original source is the Daily Express though.

theklr

Some rumours floating around of us getting Alcacer from Dortmund.

Think the original source is the Daily Express though.
Luka jovic and Piatek rumours are also in circulation.

If we get any of these on a loan it would be ok.

Also seems Wolves are buying strikers at the moment, but dont think we will get Jimenez even so.

Zoo

So according to Paul Hirst the club have discussed Cavani, Mertens, Jovic, Alcacer and Piatek.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just had a look at our goal scorers this season:

Lindelof 1
Williams 1
McTominay 3
Pereira 1
Mata 2
Young 1
Rashford 19
Martial 11
Lingard 1
James 3
Greenwood 9

Rashford almost with 40%. Greenwood has been brilliant, but it would be unfair to place the main goal scoring burden on him for the rest of the season. Martial is quite susceptible to picking up knocks, as he's already done this season. So it's obvious we have to get in a striker.

I just really wouldn't want us to go spend loads of money on a striker we aren't 100% sure of. That would be Lukaku all over again. A short-term solution is the only sensible approach at this stage of the season and the "rebuild". I can't imagine we've been planning anything for months now.

We're simply not going to be able to replace Rashford's goals. But we can address the balance of the side and ensure that Greenwood and Martial won't be run into the ground.

nyanza

If that 30-ish million price tag is true, then Piatek might be worth a gamble. Not having a great season but Milan is not exactly a great place to be for a forward currently. They've scored 21 in 20 matches, only four teams have scored less. If he doesn't cut it even as a squad option, sell him to Inter in the summer.

Jibbs

I think all things considered one of Timo Werner and Moussa Dembele seems the right fit for the club... there is another guy at Benfica Carlos Vinícius, but he will cost at least 70 to 80 million euros.

Edouard at Celtic and Osimhen at Lille should be considered. They both are amazing.

beingshe7don

Clearly not obvious to Woodward considering how he's still fecking things up on the transfer end.
Ole could be managing Messi and Barca and would have them struggling as well and possibly have Messi injured by playing him day in day out. So for those who claim that he hasn't had the players. He hasn't shown anything tactically what he's capable of with the players he's had at his disposal. He needs to learn to call a spade, a spade. I'm not in favor of a bs-ing manager who spins around positivity from a loss to liverpool. Comparing last year's performance to this year's one does not appease me as a fan.

MileStolar

What's Henrik Larson up to these days? We could do with that type of signing, you know your Ibra, (god forgive me) Owen type who'd do a job and then feck off in the summer or Jan/June of '21.
We should've really went for Ben Yedder in the summer though...

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
I think all things considered one of Timo Werner and Moussa Dembele seems the right fit for the club... there is another guy at Benfica Carlos Vinícius, but he will cost at least 70 to 80 million euros.

Edouard at Celtic and Osimhen at Lille should be considered. They both are amazing.
Timo is a no-brainer. Would be the best finisher at the club and would fit in with the rapid, interchangable front 3 thing we have going on. Has a lowish release clause too.

croadyman

Just had a look at our goal scorers this season:

Lindelof 1
Williams 1
McTominay 3
Pereira 1
Mata 2
Young 1
Rashford 19
Martial 11
Lingard 1
James 3
Greenwood 9

Rashford almost with 40%. Greenwood has been brilliant, but it would be unfair to place the main goal scoring burden on him for the rest of the season. Martial is quite susceptible to picking up knocks, as he's already done this season. So it's obvious we have to get in a striker.

I just really wouldn't want us to go spend loads of money on a striker we aren't 100% sure of. That would be Lukaku all over again. A short-term solution is the only sensible approach at this stage of the season and the "rebuild". I can't imagine we've been planning anything for months now.

We're simply not going to be able to replace Rashford's goals. But we can address the balance of the side and ensure that Greenwood and Martial won't be run into the ground.
Who would be your choice out of those mentioned by Paul Hirst (Cavani, Jovic, Piatek, Mertens, Alcacer)

Personally I would go for either Jovic or Mertens as they can be got on loan and wouldn't want crazy wages like Cavani. I will be honest I know very little about either Alcacer and Piatek.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Ole could be managing Messi and Barca and would have them struggling as well and possibly have Messi injured by playing him day in day out. So for those who claim that he hasn't had the players. He hasn't shown anything tactically what he's capable of with the players he's had at his disposal. He needs to learn to call a spade, a spade. I'm not in favor of a bs-ing manager who spins around positivity from a loss to liverpool. Comparing last year's performance to this year's one does not appease me as a fan.
Woodward can be managing PSG and still have problems signing players despite their seemingly endless budget.

I want Ole out but blaming him for the thin squad when he's not responsible for transfers is just bollocks.

Son

I personally hope Madrid want shot of Jovic. I’d take him in a heartbeat since he could be a steal for the future and the rest of the season.

I doubt even Madrid are that dumb though. They knows he’s going to improve.

Mertens has been one of my favourite players for a couple of years and for my money is easily the finest footballer out of the lot. I don’t know the situation with him this season. Maybe a bit short in stature but a great player! If it’s a loan do it.

Dembele, Piatek and Alcacar are all pretty boring signings imo. Should have got Ben Yedder like some of already said in the summer.

Cavani - Hell no, stay away. Injury prone.

theklr

Whoever we are going after, what we should do is pretending interest in every striker Chelsea is looking at and then walk away from it 23:59 January 31st.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Who would be your choice out of those mentioned by Paul Hirst (Cavani, Jovic, Piatek, Mertens, Alcacer)

Personally I would go for either Jovic or Mertens as they can be got on loan and wouldn't want crazy wages like Cavani. I will be honest I know very little about either Alcacer and Piatek.
I don't know. My preference would be to take someone on loan with no obligation to buy. I don't want someone who doesn't fit 100%.

redshaw

We're desperate for a forward now Rashford will be gone. Even with Rashford scoring so well we're on course to get a lousy 56 goals. Out attack doesn't work when it's Martial or Rashford alone so we'll be scraping the barrel for the coming months. Wouldn't mind Bruno and Jovic.

Bwuk

I'd imagine even if they don't want to sell him, Jovic would be available on loan.

Ballist1x

My dream signing is Jimenez. PL proven, different player than Martial and right age to lift the team for next 2-3 seasons.
Dream signing?

I'm thinking Mbappe is a dream signing.

Jimenez is like plan Z.

Shows our lack of ambition has now filtered into fans thinking.

MiracleInMadrid

Are there any reliable rumours linking us to a striker? The window will soon be closed, and I can't see us pulling of both Bruno and a striker. That would take too much effort in a too short space of time. For us, at least.
Look at Spurs. Kane is out injured, and immediately they are rumoured close to Willian Jose. I know that it is just a rumour, but that is such a logical move. And yes, maybe we won't just take in any striker, but as Ole himself has stated we lack in both quality AND quantity. We went into this season with one natural striker in Greenwood who was and still is totally green. We should have been all over the market for a striker on the first day of this transfer window, but we are completely silent.

The lack of planning and strategy when it comes to transfers is incredibly embarrassing.

Josep Dowling

Zlatan said he would come here if needed, why was this ignored by our manager? He is exactly what we needed as a stop gap until the end of the season!!!!!!

Grande

What happened to right winger?

We have a 21 yr old Championship prospect as our first choice there, and a pensioner better suited to no 10, which he still is too old for, as a back up. Or we can play our 18 yrs old striker ...

I'm not saying we need another striker, but short term, we have two strikers that are better than first choice for both wings AND no 10 (depending on purchase there).