"We need to put a run together" - Our form vs Rivals

Rafaeldagold

Your right it was poorer the previous 12 games and since you've raised it I have no issue in saying it was.

I've pointed out that from the first ball kicked vs Chelsea right up to yesterday's fantastic win we've already had plenty to be positive about for the long term.

But someone just made a point about those that want rid of Ole.

If you were in a position to sack Ole tomorrow you likely would cause clearly you see him as inept which is mind boggling but I'll continue.

What's your master plan? Who gets the job?

Do you realize the money it costs to sack him and then hire another manager? If you are in favor of Poch being the next MUFC Manager there is a clause in his contract that means we'd have to pay Spurs €12m. Then we have to pay Poch his salary.

That's before we get into having to financially back Poch with transfers.

Then we've to factor in the players mental state, by that I mean that the players have spoken publicly in favor of Ole over and over in recent times, from Rashford to McTominay, Young and Mata. They clearly like Ole and support him and want him as manager.

Further more, a few players have actually spoken out against the board and their handling of the club in recent years and requesting some stability and keeping Ole.

What does that do for player confidence?

Then we are again changing our playing style yet again to suit another managers demands.

Sacking Ole right now would be suicidal. But you don't want to acknowledge this at all I bet and will fire back some sarcastic response probably.
I never said Ole was ‘inept’ i just feel like we can do much better.

Personally if players are so eager for a manager to stay I’m not sure that’s the best reason for keeping him- maybe they just like fact it’s more lax & arent pushed to be the best.

Who would I bring In..Poch or Allegri are the standouts although there are a few up and coming young managers in Europe where it’d be interesting to see what they could do with United

Keefy18

I never said Ole was ‘inept’ i just feel like we can do much better.

Personally if players are so eager for a manager to stay I’m not sure that’s the best reason for keeping him- maybe they just like fact it’s more lax & arent pushed to be the best.

Who would I bring In..Poch or Allegri are the standouts although there are a few up and coming young managers in Europe where it’d be interesting to see what they could do with United
And what about the rest of the damage it does to the players and long term success of the club?

The financial damage? The players losing confidence in how the club is being ran?

I mean you've Klopp running around telling anyone who will listen about his meeting with Woodward. It's gone so bad the players are fighting for the manager and speaking out against the board.

Even if for arguments sake if someone was in favor of sacking Ole they should surely consider the aftermath of such a decision?

For me keeping is absolutely a must right now and for the foreseeable, for you it should at least be the lesser of two evils.

fergosaurus

Rightly or wrongly a lot don't look past their own club and don't care what other sides are doing (or not doing)

What gets me is almost everyone said at the start of the season we wouldn't finish top 4 so if that's the case then why call for the managers head after every game we drop points in? You're getting what you expected at the start of the season?
We were playing atrocious football for the final three months of last season. Ole and the players were responsible for that. Predictions were based on how good we think the squad is and if the manager is capable of getting the best out of it.

Solskjaer has been here 12 months and has yet to convince me he's anything more than a limited coach who can get us results against the bigger teams but flatters to deceive against the lower teams. Basically a poor man's LVG.

You predicted we'd finish 4th and were delighted with our summer transfer window so do you think Ole is underperforming so far considering we're 5 points off that target?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We were playing atrocious football for the final three months of last season. Ole and the players were responsible for that. Predictions were based on how good we think the squad is and if the manager is capable of getting the best out of it.

Solskjaer has been here 12 months and has yet to convince me he's anything more than a limited coach who can get us results against the bigger teams but flatters to deceive against the lower teams. Basically a poor man's LVG.

You predicted we'd finish 4th and were delighted with our summer transfer window so do you think Ole is underperforming so far considering we're 5 points off that target?
I think injuries have stopped us being as competitive as we could have been

alexthelion

The rest of the season?

1. We've beaten Chelsea twice - Once was to knock them out of the cup.
  2. We're one of only two teams to beat Leicester - Everyone had us dead to rights to be beaten badly by Leicester.
  3. Everyone had us dead to rights to lose to Wolves, we didn't. We actually outplayed them for the majority and but for some penalty misses should of won.
  4. We're the only team to knock points off Liverpool.
  5. Qualified from the Europa league group with ease, albeit in ugly fashion with a bunch of kids.
  6. Rashford is one of the leagues best performing forwards and only Abraham & Vardy have scored more goals, but Only Vardy has been involved in more goals (assists included).
  7. AWB is arguably the best performing right back in the league, defensively he definitely is. If he can add a final ball to his game he'll be the best.
  8. McTominay is improving week after week and building an understanding with Fred, to finally give us a functional centre midfield pairing.
  9. We've had countless great performances from the season opener vs Chelsea, Wolves (bar about 15 mins). Palace we may have lost but we smashed them with 27 shots. We bettered Liverpool for the majority of the game. Norwich we smashed! Partizan was another great game, Brighton another and of course this weeks 2 games.
  10. He's bought wisely in his 3 players
  11. He ousted players with s*t attitudes in Lukaku and Sanchez and he is phasing out Young and Jones.
  12. We are still in the league cup
  13. We are still very much in with a shout of top 4

Seriously what is wrong with you that you have to be posting such morbidly depressing sentiments? I'd suggest you are trolling personally cause no one can possibly suggest our season is anywhere near as bad as you are attempting to convey it is.

Posters are asking you your age because the tone of your comments is quite immature and loaded with an overwhelming sense of self entitlement as posted to you just above.
Well said.

Jericholyte2

The issue with our form is, we can’t have these two great results and performances then cock up against the next few matches. Up to new year we have:

Everton (H)
Watford (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)
Arsenal (A)

We really need full points out of these matches to make a real push on the top 4.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think injuries have stopped us being as competitive as we could have been
Agreed, although in a weird way those injuries might have helped us in the long run, only reason Fred ended up getting an extended run in the team was because of them and we were forced to find a different way to score goals without expecting individual brilliance from Pogba every game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Agreed, although in a weird way those injuries might have helped us in the long run, only reason Fred ended up getting an extended run in the team was because of them and we were forced to find a different way to score goals without expecting individual brilliance from Pogba every game.
Yep, we've got to hope everything that's happened this season will only hold us in good stead for the future and on Pogba I'm certainly a lot more optimistic about any potential departure and how we go about replacing him

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Rightly or wrongly a lot don't look past their own club and don't care what other sides are doing (or not doing)

What gets me is almost everyone said at the start of the season we wouldn't finish top 4 so if that's the case then why call for the managers head after every game we drop points in? You're getting what you expected at the start of the season?
Because the manager was a big reason for that expectation, a lot of people thought he wasn't good enough to get this squad into the top 4. If you want success but expect and get mediocrity then you want to do something to change that, and in football we all know that changing the manager is the standard solution.

And before I get jumped on by everyone, this is not an Ole out post, I'm just explaining the thought process.

RedCurry

Yep LVG was sensational against the big teams, played them off the park at Anfield, controlled City at home. He achieved higher league positions than Ole but now all of a sudden now it’s Ole he can do no wrong
LVG had decent results but performances weren’t ever at the same level as last couple of games. The Liverpool and City then were miles away from the levels of what they are today. Ole’s prioritizing fast paced football which is a lot easier to support than the brand of football we had under LVG.

Keefy18

Great to see our form and performances continue Thursday :)

Here's hoping for more tomorrow vs Everton.