We need to sign the next Daniel James

Andy_Cole

Excellent transfer strategy this summer.

Maybe Longstaff next in January would be the best signing.

lsd

The Oracle
Nah bro, we are getting Sancho :nervous:

Funny things is James could score 25 goals this season be our top player and people here would still want rid of him if it meant we signed Sancho.

We have a little gem in James here really pleased for him and delighted we have him

Bwuk

Funny things is James could score 25 goals this season be our top player and people here would still want rid of him if it meant we signed Sancho.

We have a little gem in James here really pleased for him and delighted we have him
Sancho RW, James LW

AgentP

James on the left and Sancho on the right next season would be sweet. To be fair, Sancho is a really special player who could be a competitor to Mbappe for the Ballon D'or in the future. I rate him that highly.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Yet, I am still not convinced about Daniel James at all despite 3 goals.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I agree. He is good but I don't see him as a future starter for a contender. He does however look like a great player to have coming off the bench.

With that being said he is scoring and considering there really is nobody better in the team he deserves to start.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
I agree. He is good but I don't see him as a future starter for a contender. He does however look like a great player to have coming off the bench.

With that being said he is scoring and considering there really is nobody better in the team he deserves to start.
To be honest, take those goals away and to me he looks like a non presence on the pitch almost. Barely any take ons or link up play or good crosses or chance creation, things you would expect from a wing.

Jev

To be honest, take those goals away and to me he looks like a non presence on the pitch almost. Barely any take ons or link up play or good crosses or chance creation, things you would expect from a wing.
That's a joke post, right?

Literally been our sole threat today doing all those things.

Charlie Foley

What. He was fizzing great crosses across their box today. If one of our players had the brain to gamble on one he’d have a couple of assists today

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Are you blind or have you mistook Rashford for James.

Scholsey2004

Jarrod Bowen, left footed right forward/winger at Hull. Looks like a huge prospect. Scores a lot of goals.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

No because James is much better on the left

Treble

It's too early to tell whether James is good enough for a title challenging team. He scored 4 goals in championship. Might be a huge signing indeed. Or might be having a purple patch.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
No depth at all to his skill set. He'll kick and rush for as long as he can since his dribbling abilities are close to non-existant but he'll but be found out soon enough and doesn't have the ability to adapt when he does.

So, no, let's definitely not be wasting more money on another player like Daniel James.

Last edited:

Greck

Still too early on the boy's career. When Rashford and Martial broke out they too were scoring that same goal unopposed. Then the opponent's scouting report on their tendencies got more detailed and evened out their real level. Still good players mind you

SaintMuppet

Utter bollox!!

There I said it because it had to be said!

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I think the replacement for Matic must be either Declan Rice or Longstaff although I feel Longstaff has a higher ceiling.

Add Sancho for the RW spot with James on the left.

A new left back is a must. I don’t rate Shaw.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It's too early to tell whether James is good enough for a title challenging team. He scored 4 goals in championship. Might be a huge signing indeed. Or might be having a purple patch.
Exactly. He's a young player with an obvious talent that's had a great goal scoring start to life at a big club.

It's going to be a while before we know his true level. As long as he keeps his head down and works hard...he's got a chance.

People have written him off already, wanting him yanked off the pitch when he has a quiet 25 minutes. Strange attitude.

He's playing in a pretty average side, and looking one of the better performers. I'd have him in the side ahead of Lingard, Mata and Rashford right now.

He's a kid, he is learning. But at least he has an end product.

Woodzy

He's raw and I think there's going to be a lot of games where he looks out of his depth and frustrates the fans. He has been our best player though, which says a lot.

What I do like is that his performances have improved which each game. First half against Wolves had me worried but he grew into that, did well against Palace and then really good yesterday as well.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Didn't Depay, Martial and Rashford start similarly? Maybe wait a year before crowning him a miracle worker?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I'd happily get rid of him for Sancho. Not because of anything irrational but becuase Sancho is the most exceptional teenager around right now and as well as James has done, he'd not really anywhere near the same level.

On the other hand, nobody knows why we'd have to get rid of James to sign Sancho.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yeah I'm not sure we need to start pretending he's an elite talent and starter for the next 10 years. The goals have masked over the general play IMO. But he works hard and has got goals to show for his efforts. Then again, our fans love to take a decent run and have that player a nailed on starter.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Yeah I'm not sure we need to start pretending he's an elite talent and starter for the next 10 years. The goals have masked over the general play IMO. But he works hard and has got goals to show for his efforts. Then again, our fans love to take a decent run and have that player a nailed on starter.
I don't think we have seen enough to start assuming anything to be fair.

Apart from he is good enough to start for us right now.

Going to be a while until we find out where he will be...but if he ends up being that Park Ji Sung type for example? No problem.

Anything more? Great! If he defies all expectation then all the better.

There ain't alot to be excited about right now, people are praising his start to life as a United player. Rightly so.

arnie_ni

In that scenario, we can have both. James is a lw to me. Sancho is a rw.

Martial up top

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I can hardly believe that..