Close
Raphael Varane

Rumoured
Kieran Trippier
Eduardo Camavinga
Saul Niguez
Ruben Neves
Leon Goretzka

Pretty exciting times this time around, after just hearing about Sancho & Sancho alone last summer, we seem to have wrapped that one up early & be targeting other areas of the team to strengthen. What’s a perfect realistic summer for us? And do we replace Pogba with 1 or 2 midfielders if he goes? I wouldn’t mind both Goretzka & Camavinga in for Pogba.

Of course our name could be being used to hike the prices of some of these players, as Saul is heavily linked to Barca & Neves to Arsenal.

Deery

Dreary
Probably end up signing Sancho that’s it and he’ll flop..

Teja

Pretty exciting times this time around, after just hearing about Sancho & Sancho alone last summer, we seem to have wrapped that one up early & be targeting other areas of the team to strengthen. What’s a perfect realistic summer for us? And do we replace Pogba with 1 or 2 midfielders if he goes? I wouldn’t mind both Goretzka & Camavinga in for Pogba.

Of course our name could be being used to hike the prices of some of these players, as Saul is heavily linked to Barca & Neves to Arsenal.
With the rumored links - we want some CM of the McTominay mould (but better) as a Pogba replacement. Saul, Goretzka, Camavinga, Neves all fit the bill. Think it's unlikely that we'll actually sign two players. If we think slightly longer term, then Goretzka / Camavinga on a free next year with McFred as starting CMs this year isn't a bad idea.

Have we been busy? We've signed two players. a free transfer 3rd choice keeper and Sancho.

I don't consider United being linked with players in the press to mean anything.

Wheato

Signed
Tom Heaton

Imminent
Jadon Sancho - Yes

Close
Raphael Varane - Yes

Rumoured
Kieran Trippier - Possibly, but AM don't want to sell him. He wants to come.
Eduardo Camavinga - Probably going to Spain.
Saul Niguez - See what happens with Pogbah!
Ruben Neves - Please
Leon Goretzka - Trying to get a better contract offer from BM

Need to shift a few out as well. Jones, Dalot, DeGea, Fred, Lingard, Pereira, Martial?, James?

Lingard and Tuanzebe to villa in a player + cash exchange for Grealish??

tomaldinho1

Reminiscent of when LVG and Mou came in, their first seasons were full of gossip, links to players and rumours, plus a number of big signings.

I think what's spurring this on is United always get a lot of rumours linked with us but now we are one of maybe, what, four or five clubs who can buy top players? For example, Liverpool and PSG just brought in CBs so Varane to United is going to be flogged to death, whether he comes here or not because it's probably one of a very few transfer stories is plausible.

sp_107

Sancho / Varane / Trippier / Carmavinga / Rice / Haaland

Christian Romero / Brozovic / Neves / Saul / Goretzka / Griezman / ===so far our acticity is more attached to this list of players i think

I hope they surprise us by bringing in someone out side this list out of blue

Gopher Brown

Have we been busy? We've signed two players. a free transfer 3rd choice keeper and Sancho.

I don't consider United being linked with players in the press to mean anything.
We haven’t signed Sancho yet.

Tom Heaton represents our summer so far, I agree that perceptions and press talk aren’t worth anything.

Red_toad

Owners don’t like protests, so they’re allowing the club to accrue more debt, in the hope that the protests go away!

Tiber

If rumours count we are Having a fairly quiet summer

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I mean its pretty standard, we'll still pretty much do the 3 in 3 out policy we always do... just you hope we do it before the start of the season rather than a late scramble like it's been the past few years. We've gone through stuff with Sancho for multiple windows now so you'd expect it to be a quick one.

As of now though, we're entering late July and only signed Heaton though.... but obviously euros delayed things.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I wouldn't say busier, but at least we seem to have a clear plan and strategy. The targets make sense and seem to be the right profiles. So yes, that is a big step up to the previous years. We start to act like a big club again

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Owners don’t like protests, so they’re allowing the club to accrue more debt, in the hope that the protests go away!
Exactly . Arsenal also very active in this window. Arsenal owners too in a middle of storm from fans' backlash.

Both managers will be under huge pressure to deliver. No more excuse for them if the linked players came to their respective teams.

CG1010

Not busier but we certainly have more ambitious targets this summer. Key players of Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid and Bayern Munich. Of course while we targeted Sancho last year as well, but targeting Varane shows that we are focusing on filling that empty trophy cabinet.

Gandalf

Exactly . Arsenal also very active in this window. Arsenal owners too in a middle of storm from fans' backlash.

Both managers will be under huge pressure to deliver. No more excuse for them if the linked players came to their respective teams.
Arsenal have actually been more active and effective so far although of course there is still some way to go. In looking at the players they have signed they were not involved at the Euros other than Ben White who was the England mascot and so I guess that gives them a head start. I will be proper grumpy if we don't get Varane and at least one more in addition to Sancho.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal have actually been more active and effective so far although of course there is still some way to go. In looking at the players they have signed they were not involved at the Euros other than Ben White who was the England mascot and so I guess that gives them a head start. I will be proper grumpy if we don't get Varane and at least one more in addition to Sancho.
At least united board tried to address problematic areas of your team. Transfer links also suggested moving in right direction over all.

Maguire need a very good partner and varane one of the best. Goretzka,Neves are pretty much needed upgrades in your team.

Sancho albeit not tested in premier league no one have doubt about his abilities.

Trippier very good competitor for AWB. So look at the links you will have a very good window even half of them materialised.

choccy77

Signed
Tom Heaton

Imminent
Jadon Sancho

Close
Raphael Varane

Rumoured
Kieran Trippier
Eduardo Camavinga
Saul Niguez
Ruben Neves
Leon Goretzka

We've only signed Heaton

I wouldn't be excited at this point.

Glazer probably has a guy making false stories to make it look like he is keeping his promise.

Crustanoid

We seem busier at talking about transfers. We’re like the snails of football at actually completing them.

Nothing changes

RedDevil@84

Signed
Tom Heaton

Imminent
Jadon Sancho

Close
Raphael Varane

Rumoured
Kieran Trippier
Eduardo Camavinga
Saul Niguez
Ruben Neves
Leon Goretzka

You are imagining things. Every window, we make 2-3 signings while getting linked to 100 players.

Nothing new.

MrBest

The season starts in under a month and we have only confirmed Heaton. I think its been same rubbish, different year. We just cannot seem to do more than one deal at once.

Sancho is more or less there but these days i only get excited when confirmed (memories of Mikel and Robben). Varane would be awesome but we have not even made an offer yet. He may have accepted terms, but Sancho had done this last year.

As for other signings, we need a back up right back to push AWB and a defensive midfielder. I think by time the season comes, we may have only two confirmed, then prices start to rack up before deadline day.

On the sale side, we still have 4 goalkeepers, lingard, jones, andreas, dalot and Tuanzabe (i want him to stay though, but I don't think Ole likes him).

Let's see what happens, but the season has been over for almost 8 weeks.

cyril C

With the rumored links - we want some CM of the McTominay mould (but better) as a Pogba replacement. Saul, Goretzka, Camavinga, Neves all fit the bill. Think it's unlikely that we'll actually sign two players. If we think slightly longer term, then Goretzka / Camavinga on a free next year with McFred as starting CMs this year isn't a bad idea.
I think the CM recruitment need to put into perspective.

Right Wing recruitment has been going on for more than 1 season, IMO since departure of Nani without a proper RW. Whether a 30m or 80m recruitment is another issue, but a proper RW has been our priority all these years.

CB is another obvious priority unless people expect Jones to bounce back.

CM has many twist. First of all depending on the Pogba situation, we can't afford another senior AM if he stays. VDB is another twist. Ole's latest plan to play 433 is another. And whether Roma will splash cash on Matic. I guess we can only make up our mind after Pogba confirmation.

Raveneye

I am loving comparing our recent big signings to Arsenal right now. We spend 74 million and get Sancho, they spend 72 million and get Pepe. We spend about 50 million and get Varane, they spend 50 million and get Ben White. Hahahaha.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I've a boss that is seen everywhere and seems really busy. Does nothing.
Buys in the odd lunch. Doesn't address the issues that are important.

Sparky Rhiwabon

A fairly standard summer really in terms of actual deals done - pre season is underway and we’ve signed a reserve keeper

Bondi77

Signed
Tom Heaton

Imminent
Jadon Sancho

Close
Raphael Varane

Rumoured
Kieran Trippier
Eduardo Camavinga
Saul Niguez
Ruben Neves
Leon Goretzka

The only ones that have been busy are the muppets who make up the stories and the sub muppets who spread them.

spiriticon

We've signed Sancho who we've been eyeing for about 2-3 years now (and even then it isn't complete yet! :lol: ) and the rest of them we're doing things at typical United pace i.e. expressed interest, monitoring the situation, getting closer than close but not yet, zzzzzzzzzzzzz

No difference to the norm I would say

ThinkTank@Cafe

There’s a big difference between us and Arsenal. Top players don’t believe in Arteta and Arsenal project. They can’t attract world class prospects like Sancho and Camavinga, not mentioning established stars like Varane. United, on the other hand, is in the position we dreamt about for years.

romufc

We've signed Sancho who we've been eyeing for about 2-3 years now (and even then it isn't complete yet! :lol: ) and the rest of them we're doing things at typical United pace i.e. expressed interest, monitoring the situation, getting closer than close but not yet, zzzzzzzzzzzzz

No difference to the norm I would say
This is the thing, I keep seeing this everywhere. We are doing things different, we seem more organised... How so?

Sancho was a target for over 18 months, alot of leg work was done last season so it isn't really quick.

We looked at Trippier in January.. we are not close
Varane, been hearing its close for like over a week now and really there has been no progress in a week. Its always the same, a bid is imminenet, preparing a bid, in the next few days...

We haven't even announced Sancho yet. Do people realise that season starts in less than a month. Players will be coming back to pre season end of this week so we haven't actually moved any faster than normal.

Gandalf

There’s a big difference between us and Arsenal. Top players don’t believe in Arteta and Arsenal project. They can’t attract world class prospects like Sancho and Camavinga, not mentioning established stars like Varane. United, on the other hand, is in the position we dreamt about for years.
I hope to agree with you but until we go beyond being linked and actually get some deals besides Sancho over the line it is all just a tease. The post Euros holidays are winding down and pre season is ramping up, if we are serious we need to get Varane and 1 or 2 others completed in the next couple of weeks.

hobbers

We haven't been busy at all, been this way for years. One deal done and not even announced for a player we've been in the process of signing for about 2 years now. One heavily rumoured deal that's being worked on, and nothing much else beyond that.

Last properly busy transfer window we had was probably under LVG with Falcao, Di Maria et al.