We threw the game

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The only other alternative is that our defense is absolutely shite.

Thats the worst defense performance of this year so far.

Last edited:

Roboc7

We upheld integrity of league by gifting Pool three points as well.

Jinn

Looked like we were playing with the handbrakes on.

arnie_ni

No, we just gifted them 2 goals (3 and 4) and could have done better for 2

cyberman

We saw how vital Maguire is to our side and why he is never rotated.
We are on the beach to be fair.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I feel like the manager threw the Leicester game and the players threw that one. Very poor.

Hoof the ball

I don't want to read a single argument about our losing because of a poor defence when Liverpool played with Rhys Williams and Nathaniel Phillips.

No fecking excuse. Doesn't matter how bad our defence was. Theirs was infinitely weaker.

cyberman

Worrying considering we've got a final coming up.
I think we'll get back up for the cup. Its a trophy against a sub par side, tonight was just annoying. We saw what we were like when we upped the tempo just a little bit. Ah well

redshaw

Players tend to save themselves if a final is coming up and we've been crap in set pieces with Maguire, without him we look even worse.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I think we'll get back up for the cup. Its a trophy against a sub par side, tonight was just annoying. We saw what we were like when we upped the tempo just a little bit. Ah well
We fecked up against a sub par turkish side aswell. That shocking defensive performance has been repeated today.

arthurka

Just remember this next time you lot throw Slabhead under the bus.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Unfortunately we're more than capable of games like today, no matter who we're facing, sometimes we just put in shit displays. It's a mentality problem.

Swivel Hips

Just handed Liverpool CL place , no way they will not get 9 points from last three games. WBA, Burnley, Palace teams that have nothing to play for against a team that knows they have to win, like they did tonight. Why oh why do we keep trying to play out from the back, we are useless at it, the number of times they play themselves into trouble. Big season next year, im sure they will be signings, but I fear that we will still be light years behind City Chelsea and even Liverpool, who once they get their injured players back will be a force again. Should have stepped in for Tuchel. Chelsea are a different team since he arrived, I believe they will beat city in CL final.

cyberman

We fecked up against a sub par turkish side aswell. That shocking defensive performance has been repeated today.
That was laziness as well. We thought we were through after the first 2 game and paid for it.
As fans, we would love the banter of Liverpool in the EL but when Tyler said United would love nothing more than sending them there I suddenly thought why? Is it something they would bust a gut for? It just isnt our fight.
I really dont know.

Zoo

We can play far better then that. It’s annoying that we’ve gifted Liverpool a way to save their season. Oh well feck it, crap week and let’s get back on track against Fulham.

Chairman Steve

Liverpool had it all to play for, whilst we’re just waiting for the Europa League final now, with Top 4 confirmed.

Much like this time last season when we were playing our bollocks off, while Liverpool were playing nonchantly waiting to lift the title.

siw2007

Defending was awful tonight. Worried for final if Harry isn’t fit to play.

redshaw

Harry was playing in Turkey in this season's CL group, I don't think I've seen worse defending. We just switch off and can ship a ton of goals. It's all there in the results this season at any stage with any player combo.

el3mel

Maybe we didn't want to feck up the top 4 race so decided to give both Leicester and Liverpool their fair chance. :lol:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Harry was playing in Turkey in this season's CL group, I don't think I've seen worse defending. We just switch off and can ship a ton of goals. It's all there in the results this season at any stage with any player combo.
The Roma second leg too, we can't trust this side not to shit the bed.

A compilation of our goals conceded this year would be pure comedy. Maybe it's recency bias but I can't remember a season where we shipped so many woeful goals.

El Jefe

No we didn't. What's clear is we know how to score goals but are a terrible passing team. Press us high up the pitch and we crumble everytime.

Whenever we play a team that's around the same level as us, its almost a given they will pass the ball better than we do as a team.

mu4c_20le

No we didn't. What's clear is we know how to score goals but are a terrible passing team. Press us high up the pitch and we crumble everytime.

Whenever we play a team that's around the same level as us, its almost a given they will pass the ball better than we do as a team.
We've learnt to deal with the press a lot better this season, but for some reason our players just kept running into them or bouncing the ball off their shins where it lands right in front of their attackers. It was absurd how many big turnovers we had in our own third. If we played like this against Leicester we would surely have been investigated.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I knew we’d lose this game. Whenever we try to ‘manage our fixtures’ we always feck up.

justsomebloke

Yeah, we need this thread because there really isn't enough complaining on the post match thread, and obviously we need yet again to remind ourselves that when the results aren't good, that's because the players aren't trying. Anything else is just excuses.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I don't want to read a single argument about our losing because of a poor defence when Liverpool played with Rhys Williams and Nathaniel Phillips.

No fecking excuse. Doesn't matter how bad our defence was. Theirs was infinitely weaker.
Exactly they were playing with a 20 year old from the Kidderminster Harriers ffs, its pathetic of us to use Maquire as an excuse.

justsomebloke

Exactly they were playing with a 20 year old from the Kidderminster Harriers ffs, its pathetic of us to use Maquire as an excuse.
Well, Kidderminster or not, they played better defensively today than we did. Not particularly well - they did allow two goals. But better than us.

But, you know, if you prefer just banging your chest and shouting "EXCUSES!!" rather than thinking about the game and trying to understand how it happened like it did, I guess you can.

The Oracle

I don't know about threw the game, but we definitely shit the bed with their press.

We were woeful.

mu4c_20le

The feck are you on about? We needed to score 5 today to win

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Well, Kidderminster or not, they played better defensively today than we did. Not particularly well - they did allow two goals. But better than us.

But, you know, if you prefer just banging your chest and shouting "EXCUSES!!" rather than thinking about the game and trying to understand how it happened like it did, I guess you can.
You can go on and bang your chest shouting we lost because we were missing Maguire too, I guess you can if it makes you feel better. Its still pathetic as they were playing with a much weaker defence than us having to field a 20 year old nobody from the sixth tier.

cyril C

Liverpool was hungrier, and was half a second earlier on every 2nd ball or 50-50 tackle. Without Maguire was definitely a problem, Fred didn't show up was another factor.

Betson

You can go on and bang your chest shouting we lost because we were missing Maguire too, I guess you can if it makes you feel better. Its still pathetic as they were playing with a much weaker defence than us having to field a 20 year old nobody from the sixth tier.
Exactly , it is pathetic for us to be going on about the absence of Maguire when you look at what they had to hobble together at the back and they still looked far stronger than us. They were also missing Henderson from their midfield and their's is still much stronger than our first choice.

mu4c_20le

Exactly , it is pathetic for us to be going on about the absence of Maguire when you look at what they had to hobble together at the back and they still looked far stronger than us. They were also missing Henderson from their midfield and their's is still much stronger than our first choice.
We scored 3 to knock them out of the cup and we played van de Beek. Just goes to show you how important Maguire is for our back line, it's time you and others started to accept it.