We will never win the league with Bruno Fernandes in the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli Zee

Saw some media posts that RM might be looking at him.
I really wish United felt like more of a premium club to top players. We often times feel like a stepping stone to Real Madrid or other clubs. We need to make our club more appealing to players, which is done by winning and having a good structure / atmosphere in place... and getting with the times (new stadium, new equipment, etc).

Bruno is awesome though and loves United... very passionate player. he'll put in more work to win games compared to other players just here for a pay check.

MegadrivePerson

I really wish United felt like more of a premium club to top players. We often times feel like a stepping stone to Real Madrid or other clubs. We need to make our club more appealing to players, which is done by winning and having a good structure / atmosphere in place... and getting with the times (new stadium, new equipment, etc).
Real Madrid will always be the biggest pull to most players, epescially if they are Portugese or South American.

There's nothing that we can do about it.

I doubt the rumours are true anyway. Madrid already have Valverde, and clearly want Bellingham. They don't tend to sign players that are 28+ anymore since they were stung by the Hazard signing.

TheReligion

Abusive

Bruno is awesome though and loves United... very passionate player. he'll put in more work to win games compared to other players just here for a pay check.
Am I imagining a prime Casemiro just ditched Real for United?

HookedOnAPhelan

That's because some of you became paranoid nervous wrecks after the Ronaldo transfer in 2009. How many other players have we sold that we would've rather kept (at the time) in the last 20 years? Di Maria, maybe? But he had such a god-awful second half of the season and was clearly unsettled that it was hardly a big surprise. And Herrera who left on a free, who probably would've stayed anyway if we hadn't been so slow to offer him a new contract. Becks, Stam and Ruud were all top players who were forced out by SAF.

It's true that Pogba and De Gea both wanted to leave for Real, but in the end they didn't (though we probably would've been better off selling them at the time in hindsight).

We've been utter shite and won nothing of consequence for over 9 years, the worst run big club in the world, and we still continue to attract top players/talents like Varane, Casemiro, Sancho etc. every single year. We're the only club in England (and one of a handful in the world) who could do that. We are a premium club, make no mistake about it.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Apparently Bruno doesn't turn up in big competitions and big games.

Forget that he has 4 G/A in 2 games at the WC.

I struggle to believe that a player who can score, assist, create chances, press and is a leader is not good at football...

I cannot make sense of how some fans view football.
He doesn't though, no need to pretend he does. His maturity in his performances at the World Cup has been a welcome surprise.

He's only had a handful of good games against the top teams for us and his limitations are often exposed more in those games.

Too early for this to be bumped as some sort of vindication for Bruno. Let's see him produce this in the knockouts and against some of the top nations and then I will give him all the credit.

I'm one of those that doesn't believe in Bruno's ability to be able to go toe to toe with the best in the world but if he can show me otherwise I will gladly accept I'm wrong.

JB7

Am I imagining a prime Casemiro just ditched Real for United?
It's an odd attitude but it's quite commonplace and I think it comes off the back of us selling a few players to Madrid over the past 20 years or so.

It's even stranger when you look at the players we actually moved on to them; Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Heinze, Ronaldo, Chicharito. Four of the five were players the club wanted rid of.

romufc

He doesn't though, no need to pretend he does. His maturity in his performances at the World Cup has been a welcome surprise.

He's only had a handful of good games against the top teams for us and his limitations are often exposed more in those games.

Too early for this to be bumped as some sort of vindication for Bruno. Let's see him produce this in the knockouts and against some of the top nations and then I will give him all the credit.

I'm one of those that doesn't believe in Bruno's ability to be able to go toe to toe with the best in the world but if he can show me otherwise I will gladly accept I'm wrong.
Obviously, at the moment the only United player in the squad that has played well in big games is Rashford.

The thing is, he has been playing the same way he has this season, people just dont want to know.

So in your opinion, who are the best in the world in his position?

El Jefe

Obviously, at the moment the only United player in the squad that has played well in big games is Rashford.

The thing is, he has been playing the same way he has this season, people just dont want to know.

So in your opinion, who are the best in the world in his position?
I don't think he has. Yes so far in this tournament he's done the usual good things that Bruno would do such as key passes, goals, pressing and general creativity. Where the difference comes is that he has been very calm and assured in these games, so without the usual chaos and carelessness that he often displays with us.

Bruno in any given game will provide quality, that goes without saying and his numbers prove that. With that said, it comes at the expense of his poor decision making and erratic play. This is the Bruno at Manchester United and explains why the opinions on him are very polarising.

In the first two games, he's cut out most of the 'bad' stuff but still maintained the good aspects of his play. If he can do that consistently then those like me who don't like Bruno would change very quickly.

He's one of the best in his position by default IMO. Not many top teams play with No.10s as they are now creative No.8s or wide playmakers. Bruno isn't able to do this and it does provide a tactical dilemma at points.

Eli Zee

That's because some of you became paranoid nervous wrecks after the Ronaldo transfer in 2009. How many other players have we sold that we would've rather kept (at the time) in the last 20 years? Di Maria, maybe? But he had such a god-awful second half of the season and was clearly unsettled that it was hardly a big surprise. And Herrera who left on a free, who probably would've stayed anyway if we hadn't been so slow to offer him a new contract. Becks, Stam and Ruud were all top players who were forced out by SAF.

It's true that Pogba and De Gea both wanted to leave for Real, but in the end they didn't (though we probably would've been better off selling them at the time in hindsight).

We've been utter shite and won nothing of consequence for over 9 years, the worst run big club in the world, and we still continue to attract top players/talents like Varane, Casemiro, Sancho etc. every single year. We're the only club in England (and one of a handful in the world) who could do that. We are a premium club, make no mistake about it.
i never said we aren't premium... just wish we were the most premium:)

it's not very often you hear from players at clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, bayern stating "I want to go to my dream club - Manchester United."

We need to start winning again as that's what attracts a lot of players. Future professionals growing up watching United win, being fans, etc will only help us in the long run. If they are good enough, they can get paid well at any top club, but will choose the one that will better their career. Manchester United's been a mess over the last decade, many lows and some ups, so it's often times been a risk to choose this club if there are options. it appears we're on an upward trajectory as of now though, which is good.

OrcaFat

Might as well make a thread saying we will never win the league.

i never said we aren't premium... just wish we were the most premium:)

it's not very often you hear from players at clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, bayern stating "I want to go to my dream club - Manchester United."
You don’t hear it from players stating that Bayern is either; well maybe from German players, but the same can be said of English ones and United.
How often has anyone at United declared they want to go to their dream club Barcelona by the way? I don’t ever recall it.
Only player I ever recall stating any such thing for any club was Cristiano Ronaldo for Madrid, one player.
Barça & Madrid will always be a massive pull to latin players, it’s ingrained in their football culture; but expecting players at any of the top clubs to state another club is their dream is a bit odd, it pretty much never happens.

the_cliff

I'm a big critic of Bruno but I have to say he's been brilliant with Portugal, more of a team player for them and tries the hollywood pass a lot less often. Hope he brings this back with him to Manchester because he's brilliant when he keeps things simple.

tjb

I'm a big critic of Bruno but I have to say he's been brilliant with Portugal, more of a team player for them and tries the hollywood pass a lot less often. Hope he brings this back with him to Manchester because he's brilliant when he keeps things simple.
I think it speaks more to the fact that United fans tend to always blame our best players for things out of their control.

At United, Bruno has to be more consistently risky as he has mostly always been the only source of penetration outside of Rashford on the break ( where he usually makes that pass anyway). With Portugal, he has Bernardo Silva, Joao Felix and even Otavio.

The second thing has to do with how quickly we win the ball back. Bruno isn't a midfielder, he is more of an attacker. He should be looking for plays, looking for spaces, crafting chances and driving. That's the way every no.10 has always done things. United are even blessed with the fact the Bruno is by far our most aggressive presser, so even when he loses the ball, he usually has the burners to go after it. At United, the players around him, haven't been great in this regard, and as a result, where most creators can be assured that their failed attacks high up the pitch can be recovered, at United, Bruno has had to face the gamble of a potential counter coming from it. That's not his fault. That has to do with the players around him.

It's the same issue Casemiro faces as well.

For the last few seasons until this one, we've had Maguire, Lindelof, AWB, Fred, Mctominay, Sancho, Ronaldo playing regularly. All of whom either aren't great in their position and awareness of space defensively or are pretty lackadaisical in the press.

Where both Bruno and Casemiro can pass knowing that runs are being made and a good first touch is to be expected, at United, they almost have to lay the ball on a plate for the teammates surrounding them at times.

We are getting better players and have had others who have improved ( Shaw, Dalot, Martinez, Varane, Eriksen, Antony, Rashford, Martial). However what our fans don't realize is that even having one or two poor players in an xi can ruin certain aspects of play. Especially in today's game where top teams have the ability to make 5 subs, we are seriously lacking. There is a massive drop off in standard between our ideal starting xi and their replacements. Bridging that gap is what will make us a top team, not simply tactical changes.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He had a poor season last year along with literally our entire squad, and outside of that has been our best player ever since he signed.

As usual not sure what games some of the caf watches. There was the weird need for some people to criticise him as some kind of bizarre way to defend Pogba, but now Pogba has left, so that excuse is gone.

He brings assists and goals. Into or close to double figures with both every year. You don't get that from someone who isn't going to try the difficult passes/shots quite often, so he's always going to have games where it doesn't come off and he's frustrating as hell.

Polar

The same here.

All United players have had a very good WC so far (except from maybe Eriksen), but Bruno has impressed most. What I’ve seen makes me believe United can have a h… of a second half season, especially if our players continue to get nice experiences and build confidence.

Mr PG

ETH deserves a lot of credit for Bruno’s improvement. He was quite average for Portugal up until this season. Dalot too.

Not a coincidence that they have both become an integral part of Portugal now and he has mostly cut out his wild ways with the ball.

Mr PG

If Bruno were ever to become available… there would be a mile long queue for his signature from all the top clubs… seriously.

Reiver

Is this thread serious? Of all the reasons we don't win a league title, he's hardly the main one.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I didn't realize the PL was going on during the World Cup. The Caf never ceases to amaze.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
One of the big problems today in football is that people create narratives and stick to their facts regardless of what really happens inside the pitch. This topic is a perfect example. Always fun to have a laugh tough.

The Urban Goose

ETH deserves a lot of credit for Bruno’s improvement. He was quite average for Portugal up until this season. Dalot too.

Not a coincidence that they have both become an integral part of Portugal now and he has mostly cut out his wild ways with the ball.
Exactly. One could argue that ETH is more responsible for Portugal's form than Santos given the improvement in Bruno and Dalot, and proving to the world that Ronaldo wasn't undroppable. I very much doubt Santos would've had the balls to do it if Ronnie was still stinking up the place as first choice for us.

Mr PG

ETH is a purely football guy. Everyone is droppable in his world if they’re not doing it. Heck he paid £60m for a 30 yr old Casemiro and promptly sat him in the bench for 5 games till he proved he deserved to start over Scott. His Captain is currently 4 th choice at the club.

GinobiliTheGOAT

to become that Manchester needs better weather

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He had a poor season last year along with literally our entire squad, and outside of that has been our best player ever since he signed.

As usual not sure what games some of the caf watches. There was the weird need for some people to criticise him as some kind of bizarre way to defend Pogba, but now Pogba has left, so that excuse is gone.

He brings assists and goals. Into or close to double figures with both every year. You don't get that from someone who isn't going to try the difficult passes/shots quite often, so he's always going to have games where it doesn't come off and he's frustrating as hell.
He got something like 4 non penalty goals and 2 assists from January 21 to May 21. So yeah not just last season. Also his actual performances were shite. Week in week out, on top of the lack of goals and assists. If you disagree check his performance threads. We watched games. We didn’t try to rewrite history. He was largely shite from jan 21 into this season. The odd good game for Portugal who are out changes nothing.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He got something like 4 non penalty goals and 2 assists from January 21 to May 21. So yeah not just last season. Also his actual performances were shite. Week in week out, on top of the lack of goals and assists. If you disagree check his performance threads. We watched games. We didn’t try to rewrite history. He was largely shite from jan 21 into this season. The odd good game for Portugal who are out changes nothing.
Can't find any assist stats, but just checked and he scored 14 goals between January and May 21, a lot more than 2 of which weren't penalties.

So you literally are rewriting history. Am I supposed to take the rest of your post seriously when you're resorting to outright lies to back it up?

Do any other teams fans literally make up lies in order to criticise their own players?

Status
Not open for further replies.