We will never win the league with Bruno Fernandes in the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

Starting to really annoy me. Need to upgrade on him no doubt, but unfortunately still far more important positions to sort still.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thought he was really good, worked his ass off, kept the ball.
His role is to create chances.

And he didn't keep the ball well. He wasted so many crosses and produced nothing from the reminder of his play.

Truly a player who is too big for his boots

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Weird how all of our players develop the same lack of confidence, frustrated body language, bad decision making and ultimately low productivity. Definitely there’s a pressure playing for United in the wake of our phenomenal success that gets to players. He was meant to be the next Cantona? Hilarious. He looks abysmal right now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Quite telling that the thing that people normally come back to to defend his performances is his stamina and work rate.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I’ve yet to see anything to convince me that our best midfield isn’t Casemiro - McTominay - Eriksen

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well and his 7 key passes and 87% pass completion.

Ignore that though.
Yeah, just like you’ll ignore his pass percentage completion and actual performance in the rest of the 11 matches he’s played this season.

MUFC OK

I don't think it's too soon to be questioning whether he should even be at the club. Been terrible for over 12 months and getting worse. Every shot ends up in row z.

Gives it away constantly too, though that wasnt the issue tonight. Needs a rocket up his arse and fast.

wangyu

He isn't a liability, he is omnipresent but he lacks quality for a big period now. I don't know what is happening with him. But I can't fault him too much, he is always ready to receive and dictate. Maybe he needs a rest or maybe this is just his game and sometimes he gives you everything in a world class performance and sometimes it is just hit and miss.
I would love to see Eriksen in his position with Donny at Eriksen's position, just to see how that works out but I don't think we will find the game to experiment on that.

I think his position is also available for Sancho who is very ineffective on either flank

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I can't fecking understand why he is never benched or subbed, even tough he is rubbish. Should be playing in the Portuguese league or as a sub for Eriksen.
Our Midfield first choice should always be Casemiro Fred/Mc tom and Eriksen, Bruno as sub.

Idxomer

I can't fecking understand why he is never benched or subbed, even tough he is rubbish. Should be playing in the Portuguese league or as a sub for Eriksen.
Our Midfield first choice should always be Casemiro Fred/Mc tom and Eriksen, Bruno as sub.
Probably because our forwards lack the workrate he has.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I thought Bruno had an OK game, I just don't like the shape of the team when both him and Ronaldo are on the pitch. We could afford that today, but this isn't one for EPL.

crossy1686

career ending
Why does he shoot like he's trying to destroy the ball every time? Just have some composure in front of goal, you don't have to leather everything that falls in front of you.

Rightnr

7 key passes, 87% pass completion. Better completion than Casemiro and Martinez.

He’s the cafs new scapegoat.
Here's a stat for you.

No goals until the 92nd minute against the 7th team in Cyprus. And our main creator did about feck all about that except stupid passes, overhit crosses and generally waving his arms uselessly while panicking himself and the whole team.

The guy is not cut out for top level possession sides who want to dominate opposition and exert pressure.

Ten Hag will soon come to the same conclusion. If van de Injured decides to actually do some work for United, it might be sooner rather than later but we won't win diddly squat with this guy.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The one thing I don't get: when Sancho and Rashford were both on - and both down the left, Bruno STILL didn't come over to the right and help Dalot. I mean, maybe it's coaching, but watch City - their attacking midfielders spread very wide to create little triangles and options.

We had Shaw, Eriksen, Bruno, Sancho and Rashford all on the left-hand side, Ronaldo standing offside and poor Dalot all by his lonesome on the other half the pitch. So weird.

Abraxas

Would Omonia notice if we kidnapped their Bruno and put ours on the flight back to Cyprus? :)

NZT-One

Well and his 7 key passes and 87% pass completion.

Ignore that though.
^^ Wasn't the grand conclusion of his fans that passing percentage doesn't matter because he is a CAM and is supposed to take risks? Or has that changed for that particular game. Bruno isn't in great form at all. He might be busy and for sure he is contributing something but he should be critiqued just as any other player. And that means, that the best players will receive the most flak after a bad performance. Which we have witnessed last night. Us struggling against Cyprus teams wasn't just on him but he was part of the crew, and I'll happily give him 3 or 4 skied attempts, but as soon as that line is crossed, things have to change.

romufc

Here's a stat for you.

No goals until the 92nd minute against the 7th team in Cyprus. And our main creator did about feck all about that except stupid passes, overhit crosses and generally waving his arms uselessly while panicking himself and the whole team.

The guy is not cut out for top level possession sides who want to dominate opposition and exert pressure.

Ten Hag will soon come to the same conclusion. If van de Injured decides to actually do some work for United, it might be sooner rather than later but we won't win diddly squat with this guy.

Let me ask you 2 questions about last nights game.

1. Did we exert pressure against them?
2. Our main creator done feck all but put Rashford 1 v 1 with the keeper, if our forwards could finish, we would have scored much sooner than 92nd minute.

He also put in a brilliant cross across goal that no one gambled on. That is called creating a chance btw.

Also, are you actually still crying for Donny, do you think Ten Hag is a poor manager and doesn't know what he is doing because even when fit, Bruno starts.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Its a marvel how our side's most productive player in terms of creativity is suddenly the reason "we won't win the title in the future". Let's utterly ignore the fact that he like the majority of our squad have NEVER been coached to play disciplined, structured possession respecting football. On any serious basis in their careers and are all learning on the job. Let's instead concentrate on his issues with possession. Which he can and will rectify as he comes to grips with a total new style of play that he isn't accustomed too. Which is the case for most of our squad. Especially the likes of our game winner last night, to name just one example.

Last edited:

Maticmaker

For me Bruno's biggest asset, is also his biggest liability... and that is his unpredictability.
Against an opposition that can be disjointed or pulled out, Bruno's presence/spur of the moment actions, on or off the ball can be a real advantage. However, in a team that is trying to play to a regular system/method, which it seems ETH is trying to achieve it can be a liability, because he goes 'walkabout' on a regular basis. This can be advantageous, but against top teams it leaves 'holes' in our set up than can be exploited.
Interesting that with Maguire out ETH has made Bruno captain, maybe an attempt to add responsibility to his game?

Rightnr

States the poster of the world's most insightless reply.
This is deliciously ironic. Posts an absolute turd of a post with no justification or any sort of relevancy to the thread and complains there's no essays in response. Maybe if you posted anything above elementary school level, you might get a similar reply.

The old garbage in, garbage out is what you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.