We will never win the league with Bruno Fernandes in the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Just too risk-prone. Away from home against a good press, he's a liability. Especially on the right
His lack of versatility is another problem, most no. 10s can move to the wings without a problem.

AFC NimbleThumb

Bro, what is this Bruno???? does he even understand the basic of football?
I highly doubt that!
seriously when I look into players of my team comparing to new castle players and how much they are getting paid, it is disappointing
I’ve found myself asking at multiple points this game, is Bruno a good footballer? Like honestly, is he good at the game because some of the stuff he’s done today has been horrendous to put it kindly.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His lack of versatility is another problem, most no. 10s can move to the wings without a problem.
I think that people are being harsh today and are missing the general point which is that he is a good player but creates organizational issues that are unnecessary and difficult to manage. His lack of versatility, athleticism and dribbling are core issues. But I have to insist on the fact that he is a good player and he has a genuine talent when it comes to creating in the final third.

Someone

Something
I think that people are being harsh today and are missing the general point which is that he is a good player but creates organizational issues that are unnecessary and difficult to manage. His lack of versatility, athleticism and dribbling are core issues. But I have to insist on the fact that he is a good player and he has a genuine talent when it comes to creating in the final third.
He's a good players and we've seen his talent hence the frustration. He makes a lot of wrong decisions, and loses focus far too often.

If we're to get back to winning things, we need the best version of Bruno consistently, which he can't seem to offer.

Idxomer

I don't think he's a bad player and we'll need him to have any chance of the top 4. However, he is a problem when you're trying to build a team that can compete with the best.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's a good players and we've seen his talent hence the frustration. He makes a lot of wrong decisions, and loses focus far too often.

If we're to get back to winning things, we need the best version of Bruno consistently, which he can't seem to offer.
I agree, I share the same frustration and have said it for a while. In many ways Bruno is a different version of Pogba or the lower level of Rooney.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
All of this is absolutely correct.

And just to underline how so many have missed the point of this thread - it is not ‘proven wrong’ simply because we swap him out for Donny van de Beek and look worse. He’s not of the standard himself.

But yea, everything you said is spot on, both pluses and minuses. The man is capable of the ridiculous and can create some brilliant chances.

Marcelinho87

When Bruno is good he's really good but my god his bad is beyond bad... He's too often a liability for us to be successful with him I think, too erratic.

Judas

Open to offers
One of the most frustrating players, how he can do so many things right, yet so many things consistently terrible is just mind numbing. The bizarre passes, the terrible flicks that near enough never seem to come off. But then he'll get an assist, or score.

Still think long term Ten Hag will phase him out, purely due to how poor he is at retaining possession.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should promptly stop this right sided thing. It doesn't work.

Marwood

Like a poster above said: absolutely braindead. There's a reason clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona don't buy these kind of players. Need to replace him.
They've just brought in Traoré. The ultimate braindead footballer.

Madrid or Barcelona not buying Bruno is neither here nor there.

Boondog

Bruno's that player I alternate between loving and hating. But I mostly love him and appreciate what he does in his leadership and distribution.

If I were EtH my main approach with him right now would be improving his possession. I think if he could possess the ball better he would be undeniably world class all around because his intensity level is outstanding. As it is one could argue he already is world class in terms of his ability to distribute the ball to scorers. It's just that liability in possession that puts a time window on his touches.

Also his striking accuracy has been poor, but he has that latent nose for the net. I think possession improvement would benefit him in both areas.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Could have had 3 assists in the first half if we had anyone in the squad who could finish

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
All of this is absolutely correct.

And just to underline how so many have missed the point of this thread - it is not ‘proven wrong’ simply because we swap him out for Donny van de Beek and look worse. He’s not of the standard himself.

But yea, everything you said is spot on, both pluses and minuses. The man is capable of the ridiculous and can create some brilliant chances.
I agree with pretty much everything in here but this is also the point of the thread. He's a great player for a top 4 side but not one with champion ambitions.

His decision-making leaves too much to be desired way too often. He plays like he's still an emerging talent.

If he was 21-22, he'd be worth close to 100m, given his talent and room to develop. But he's not.

Could have had 3 assists in the first half if we had anyone in the squad who could finish
He had one in the 2nd half... for Fulham

Andy_Cole

He's trash.

He's actually one of my personal litmus tests or one of the "how well do you know football? "

He's absolutely trash. Incredibly disruptive and often a liability.
I use this test too. Anyone who thinks he’s trash doesn’t know football.

He takes risks. Yes when he’s off form he’s a liability but he’s the one that makes things happen from nothing. He’s our main man right now.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Has absolutely no understanding of when a pass is not on.

TsuWave

People have built this guy up to hero status to the point they refuse to see how detrimental he is. Crazy stuff

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Am i in the minority thinking he has toned down the over ambitious/erratic play since ETH has come in? He still tries rediculous things but not as often. It's a double edge sword as it's one of the reasons why he creates so much. But in a possession based system he takes too many risks but I don't think ETH is trying to create a Pep style system here.

LARulz

He's been playing on the right recently and that's matched some bad overall team performances. In the middle he is fine, but on the wing the whole team suffers

Ronaldo's poor performances stopped the focus on ETH being asked why he would rather nulify Bruno on the right than throw on a left winger on the right instead

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Has absolutely no understanding of when a pass is not on.
This a big part of the problem. It's exacerbated by his lack of ability when it comes to being pressured, so instead of being able to skip away and manoeuvre himself into better positions, he ends up being rushed into untenable passes. That aside, there are times when he's got time and he still makes these passes. It's a problem giving away possession cheaply, but worse still when he does so in a dangerous manner. He can be oblivious at times to the potential risks involved, so as well as attempting a pass that isn't on he doesn't seem to read the potential counter it's going to initiate.

the_cliff

Another thing that is a big problem with Bruno are the dumb flicks he tries every game. I feel he loses the ball doing that at least twice a game and many times in dangerous areas. He's not good enough.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This a big part of the problem. It's exacerbated by his lack of ability when it comes to being pressured, so instead of being able to skip away and manoeuvre himself into better positions, he ends up being rushed into untenable passes. That aside, there are times when he's got time and he still makes these passes. It's a problem giving away possession cheaply, but worse still when he does so in a dangerous manner. He can be oblivious at times to the potential risks involved, so as well as attempting a pass that isn't on he doesn't seem to read the potential counter it's going to initiate.
Yep. He’s almost like the antithesis of what you’d expect a no.10 to be. He’s exceptionally good at creating chances, but he’s so heavy handed (well, footed) and not the deft fleet foot type who are able to slip away from a challenge or take the ball in an area of risk and calm things down a bit.

Lord Zlatan

Just posted about him in another thread. hes a massive problem in this team. Sooo careless with the ball and fecking idiotic decisions when in posession. His cross field ball in the last minute against west ham is a perfect example. His workrate and yapping at refs covers over a lot of this.

norm87cro

This really is an embarissing thread. Maybe he isnt that good but he is clearly a fantastic addition in a great squad. Does anybody truly believe Barca, PSG or Real wouldnt be interested in this man? And the Fulham goal cant be his fault since there were SIX of United players behind him when he gave it away.

troylocker

Bruno is possibly the most important player in this team. The work he does without the ball cannot be appreciated enough. His offenisive contribution is also fantastic when he is allowed to play direct with risk. In those two cathegories he's amongs the best 10s in the game.
He'll get back to his "old" scoring and assisting form as soon as the elephant has left the room.

I'm imagining how few chances we'd create without him in the side. We score so few as it is.

Didn't he miss Villa away? Were we suddenly ace?

In the number 10 yesterday he was directly involved in the CE goal, put a great chance on Rashford's head, put another on a plate for CE, and another on a plate for Martial. That could have been 4-0, yet people are here complaining because he was crap and knackered when shunted out wide. Bizarre fans we have.

RedfromIreland

I'm imagining how few chances we'd create without him in the side. We score so few as it is.

In the number 10 yesterday he was directly involved in the CE goal, put a great chance on Rashford's head, put another on a plate for CE, and another on a plate for Martial. That could have been 4-0, yet people are here complaining because he was crap and knackered when shunted out wide. Bizarre fans we have.
I really can’t get my head round what people have been watching.
He’s been our most important player since he arrived and if we had an out and out goal scorer, his assists would be unbelievable.

delerium

Bruno is a leader. You can see from his playing style that he is currently trying a bit too much, but he is one of the very few ones that are actually trying to create something, other than pass the ball sideways.

We are definitely better with Bruno than without.

DevilRed

One player who will hopefully recapture his form by not having to cater to Ronaldo anymore.

Ever since Ronaldo arrived he has seen his numbers drop off.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

I really thought the hysteria might dampen down for a few weeks given how bad we were in that match without him, but evidently not.

Mr PG

Bruno is very good. Just think how many assists he would have on a day like today against Fulham if our players finished them off easy chances. Alot of his mistakes such as that ball give-away come from fatigue as he runs him into the ground.

Mr PG

I really can’t get my head round what people have been watching.
He’s been our most important player since he arrived and if we had an out and out goal scorer, his assists would be unbelievable.
So true.

Status
Not open for further replies.