We will win the league this season | Champions as it Stands

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I predicted we would finish above Liverpool last season and was correct, so I know what I’m doing.

It depends on transfers, I think we will get Varane but I just think our squad is not only going to have enough quality next season, I think it’s also going to be the hungriest. I think Liverpool are over the hill and Man City are going to be flat next season. I think we will be around 6-8 points clear in April. Quote me.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I predicted we would finish above Liverpool last season and was correct, so I know what I’m doing.

It depends on transfers, I think we will get Varane but I just think our squad is not only going to have enough quality next season, I think it’s also going to be the hungriest. I think Liverpool are over the hill and Man City are going to be flat next season. I think we will be around 6-8 points clear in April. Quote me.
Quoted. Think we'll finish 3rd or 4th.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I feel like this will be bumped many times for all the wrong reasons over the next 10 months.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew it'd be you.

I hope you're right

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We are certainly contenders. Love the way this team is shaping up

DoomSlayer

We need a good pre-season and a good start. I see it as our only chance to contend for the title.

Raredaredevil

If we get Varane and Haaland, then yes I genuinely think we can win the league. Still think we will be inconsistent and then finish 2nd, but make it a lot closer this time.

United in sin

Top 4. City or Chelsea to win. I don't see Solskjaer pipping Pep or Tuchel for a higher league position unfortunately.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

I was wary when I saw the title but then I saw the bolded bit and I thought "that's spooky... this guy should be listened to".

Shall we print the title winning t-shirts now or hold off a bit?

Bloody love the positivity!!!

if we have a good transfer window, we have a chance.

Most of the posters on here will derive more pleasure from us losing, so interesting to see how this goes.

ArjenIsM3

Ok

el3mel

I expect us to challenge up till Jan then completely fall away from the race. Will still finish 2nd or 3rd.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Could see it being very close next year between us, City and Chelsea. Depends on how the remaining window pans out.

The nice thing for a United fan is it feels a lot more possible (to me) than it has done for a while

Eternitiy

If things go our way, over the course of a season, we have a chance based on the quality of our squad.

However, we have no chance in the cup competitions. Ole has proven himself incapable to make vital decisions during knockout games.

Andrew7582

We will finish comfortably top 4, but we still have weaknesses which will stop us winning the league such as lack of quality in CM and a RB who kills our forward momentum when the ball arrives at his feet. There are still question marks over the manager and coaching setup also.

Paul_Scholes18

Our squad is up there with City, but we have a much worse manager. I feel that will show over a full season again. Also if they spend big it will be harder.

We can win it though and upsets do happen and our team spirit under OLe is often good and we can build momentum and winning streaks.

Blood Mage

2nd again for me if City get Kane and Grealish as the rumours suggest. We'll definitely push them closer and be more competitive however, if we finish the window with Sancho, Varane and a new DM.

Eddy_JukeZ

If we don't challenge for the league next season, it'd be a monumental failure.

That said, I trust OP. We'll win it.

littleman

I knew we were gonna win next season when we extended Mata's contract

TheLord

We are getting close. I think we are one defender, one striker and one manager away from pipping Pep for the title.

maximus419

I was never that optimistic even when we were regularly winning titles.

Now with it getting on for nearly a decade since the last title success, I think the pressure builds and for me, it's the mindset of the manager and players that I judge. Failure to win Europa League and going 4 seasons without any silverware is not going to help self belief.

If the key players get enough rest and can go again, I feel there is just enough to make a genuine title challenge. My worry is addressing the situation of pogba, the goalkeepers and lack of quality in midfield.

It's all well and good signing big names like Sancho and possibly varane, but the step up to prem league standard is tough. I'd prefer it if we'd have signed already proven PL players like grealish who would've really made a difference. We are crying out for that type of creative player, especially as this team struggles against teams sitting deep. Sancho for example isn't going to change that.

For that reason, I think it's going to be a top 4 battle once again, but realistically, this is going to be a tougher season than last.

Sant1ago

Supports
Chelsea

Are you going to win because you’ve bought a benchwarmer for England, your biggest star is a benchwarmer for Portugal, you have a 35 year old striker who wasn’t good enough for PSG, and your best player only plays well for his country?

FatTails

We won’t. Toss up between 3rd and 4th for me (with City winning their 6th title in 11 years, Chelsea second, and Liverpool and us fighting it out for 3rd).

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
We are getting close. I think we are one defender, one striker and one manager away from pipping Pep for the title.
Correct. You could have the best squad you’ve ever had in your history but when you have a manager that hesitates to make substitutions and doesn’t have a plan b then you will get nowhere.

makcikkaulawa

I was thinking the same just now and was hoping someone would make a thread about this ( since i am a newbie and there's rules about newbies.. pfffttt...)

YES, WE ARE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE (barring any serious injuries to star players)
YES, WE ARE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE (if Varane and Camavinga join and Pogba stays)
YEA, WE ARE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!!!

City and Liverpool can suck it!!!

Jibbs

Tbh with a top manager, our squad was good enough to win the title this season as well. We need a reliable goalscorer up top. If Cavani remains injury free, we really have a great chance. Also depends on how Chelsea recruits.

Dr. StrangeHate

With Varane and Sancho we have the best starting XI in the league. City however still have the better squad. Chelsea are 3rd in both starting XI and squad. So we are in with a good shout that is for sure. 2008 was the last time we had the best starting XI in the league.

RyRy11

Get Varane and a holding DM and there's no reason why we can't, injuries permitting.

Maticmaker

With the reported additions our squad appears to be getting stronger, but the general problems we had last season of inconsistency are still likely to remain, it all depends if Ole is willing to take the next step in developing his tactics and to address these shortcomings.

With 'Thomas the Tank Engine' in charge Chelsea could set the pace next season.