We will win the league this season | Champions as it Stands

Fluctuation0161

Our squad is up there with City, but we have a much worse manager. I feel that will show over a full season again. Also if they spend big it will be harder.

We can win it though and upsets do happen and our team spirit under OLe is often good and we can build momentum and winning streaks.
Bollocks. Have you seen citys strength in depth?

Seems like you have an Ole agenda. Any manager would struggle against Citys squad. That's why they won the league!

RedorDead21

Seems like you have an Ole agenda. Any manager would struggle against Citys squad. That's why they won the league!
To be fair we spent 35m on VDB and then chose never to rotate him in. Mata wasn’t used even against poorer opposition. We never used lingz so loaned him to West Ham. We have bench options not utilised not saying we are anything like city but still how much does Ole wanna spend on a bench guy he doesn’t use.

Loon

:lol:
Your words to God’s ears, but I have a feeling they’ll drop out his arse.

Siorac

I still expect a 70-75 point finish. Possibly worse if Pogba leaves.

Hard to predict the actual position, probably 3rd or 4th.

Strelok

I predicted we would finish above Liverpool last season and was correct, so I know what I’m doing.

It depends on transfers, I think we will get Varane but I just think our squad is not only going to have enough quality next season, I think it’s also going to be the hungriest. I think Liverpool are over the hill and Man City are going to be flat next season. I think we will be around 6-8 points clear in April. Quote me.
No way, maximum 2-3 points. We gotta go all the way to the CL final too you know.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I predicted we would finish above Liverpool last season and was correct, so I know what I’m doing.

It depends on transfers, I think we will get Varane but I just think our squad is not only going to have enough quality next season, I think it’s also going to be the hungriest. I think Liverpool are over the hill and Man City are going to be flat next season. I think we will be around 6-8 points clear in April. Quote me.
I reckon Varane will sign a new contract with Madrid and we'll spend most of the season faffing around with who plays on the left/right of our attack and constantlly using people in positions they really can't play as a result.

Big problems for me last season:
- Couldn't hold on to a lead or grind out a win in a tough game because it was too easy for teams to target Lindelof when we come under any kind of pressure, by crossing the ball near him/running at him/just basically forcing him to do anything at all.
- Couldn't have a functioning midfield unless both Fred and Mctominay played, and then both ended up tired/injured/in poor form. Pogba seemed to start working a lot harder in midfield which might have helped, but then we started using him as a left sided winger for some reason.
- No striker when Cavani didn't play. Only other reliable goalscorer in our front three was Rashford, who spent most of the season being played constantly despite being injured, and kept being used on the right, where he is in no way shape or form a reliable goalscorer or reliable anything else.
- The fact half of these problems are manifactured by weird/crap management rather than the quallity of the players we have, and the fact there was no hint or indication of Ole learnning anything...to the point Rashford has still not been sent to get himself fit and was allowed to go spend a month sitting on the bench for England instead, despite it being public knowledge he needs operations on two seperate fecking injuries.

Basically, I don't think we're winning the league. I think we need a very good centrebackk and a good midfielder to be confident of top four. To have a decent shout at the league we also needed a goalscorer who'd get the types of chances Cavani does when Cavani can't play, and Ole to start actually learning how to use his squad properly.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I still expect a 70-75 point finish. Possibly worse if Pogba leaves.

Hard to predict the actual position, probably 3rd or 4th.
We got that last season. Really we had a 85 points season if you take out the start when we had no preseason and the last few games which were death rubbers.

if we get Varane,a CM and a backup RB we should be aiming for 90 points.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Yeah, if City get Grealish and Kane deals over the line then everyone else is fecked for a while I think. But if not, I could see us actually putting up a proper fight instead of bottling it the moment we look like doing something this year. Not convinced by Varane but he's probably better than Lindelof, and Sancho should be a really good boost for our attacking depth. Fans + Cavani is also a tantalising prospect.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Are you going to win because you’ve bought a benchwarmer for England, your biggest star is a benchwarmer for Portugal, you have a 35 year old striker who wasn’t good enough for PSG, and your best player only plays well for his country?
You sound like one of those troll bots who do copypasta replies to tweets from rival clubs.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Right now City.

Ask me again at the end of the transfer window.

If teams get their rumoured top targets I see a three horse race between us, City & Chelsea, with City pulling away around March-April. We can’t count out Liverpool though. Top 4 seems firmly established now. Arsenal & Spurs are miles off. Only Leicester look capable of challenging for it.

Siorac

We got that last season. Really we had a 85 points season if you take out the start when we had no preseason and the last few games which were death rubbers.

if we get Varane,a CM and a backup RB we should be aiming for 90 points.
You can't just randomly start taking out games. Our expected points were around 66 so we did better than the performances would suggest.

We should be aiming for 85+, I just don't think we'll get anywhere near that. Signings guarantee nothing: in 2016, we finished fifth, signed Ibrahimovic and Pogba and then went on to finish... sixth.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We've bought one player. Chelsea, City and Liverpool will strengthen further. The 10/1 4th favourites available right now is about right.

Infra-red

I think it will be a two horse race next season.... between City and Chelsea.

We're slowly upgrading the squad, but the manager and coaching staff aren't up to it.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
elbo is tier 1, so this is probably going to happen.

dinostar77

Too early to tell, when the transfer window closes we'll get a better idea. At the moment city are the champions and anyone who finishes above them will be champions probably.

Utd should make top 4, beyond no predictions until window closes.

crossy1686

career ending
We'll win 15 games in a row then lose to Palace and this thread will get bumped with messages about us only winning the league when we get a good manager

bsCallout

I'm with you. The league is ours. Our front line is ridiculous.

Varane and Cavinga will join too, although we only need one of them to win, with both we'll probably win the treble.

James Peril

People assume we’re winning the league with Ole Solskjær as manager, it’s cute. A football fan will always be a fan of his own team, that’s for sure. We will never win the league with him, but the good thing is that each day is one day closer to him getting the sack. A top manager could definitely win the league with this team, it’s sad we’re not taking advantage of that.

makcikkaulawa

People assume we’re winning the league with Ole Solskjær as manager, it’s cute. A football fan will always be a fan of his own team, that’s for sure. We will never win the league with him, but the good thing is that each day is one day closer to him getting the sack. A top manager could definitely win the league with this team, it’s sad we’re not taking advantage of that.
So, is Conte a top coach when he won with Chelsea? Or Ranieri when he won with Leicester?

Yup.. Guess so..

You are welcome..

Jacob

Is he really good? How does his stats compare to that of other CBs?

el3mel

Liverpool won the league from them and challenged them till the last week for another with all their depth people keep talking about. When will people stop treating them as if they are the unbeatable gods of football?

el3mel

So, is Conte a top coach when he won with Chelsea? Or Ranieri when he won with Leicester?

Yup.. Guess so..

You are welcome..
Conte is one of the best coaches in the world. At least top 5 best modern coaches these last few years.

What are you even talking about? :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I expect us to challenge up till Jan then completely fall away from the race. Will still finish 2nd or 3rd.
I don't think that's going to be true of this season. The schedule is back to normal, that will help our relatively small squad (in comparison to Citys), we aren't going to have issues of having to play two/three times a week like last year. Fatigue won't be as much of an issue.

Do think it will depend on who we bring in for our new CB though, if we can get Varane over the line then we'll be looking very strong for a long title and CL push. I think Garner will come in and surprise a few people and become a decent option in midfield, his passing will benefit the team massively. While Sancho gives us yet another creative option upfront which will be key to unlocking deep defenses. I'm quietly confident this season, but it all depends on who we bring in as our new starting CB. That position is absolutely key.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions

In. I think we finish first or second. Not worried about Chelsea or Liverpool.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Because Ole won't feed the squad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We probably shouldn't write Liverpool off, bearing in mind they still managed top 4 even having to field about 73 different combos at centre back, at one point basically playing the manager's mate from down the pub, and some kid who was in non league the season before :lol:
Plus two of their front 3 disappearing for most of the season.

This season won't be as crammed in, so with Van D and the new centre back signing in, they certainly can't be written off.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
No chance whatsoever.

Doing my bit. Getting more and more superstitious the older I get.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Going to be interesting to see how a world cup in December affects the PL next season
This is the most ridiculous thing ever. I'm used to watching the games out in the open with a cold drink in my summer dress. This WC I'll be wrapped up in my blanket sipping hot chocolate while I freeze my ass off.