We will win the league this season | Champions as it Stands

RedIan

No city are miles ahead of us. If we get a WC holding midfielder and a wc centre half - plus Sancho - then maybe we can get closer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United record in seasons following European Championships (Premier League era):

1992/93 - winners
1996/97 - winners
2000/01 - winners
2004/05 - 3rd
2008/09 - winners
2012/13 - winners
2016/17 - 6th
2021/22 - ?
Clearly the most relevant part is who was managing at the time!
Fergie for the first 6 helped!

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
1 holding midfielder away from the title after Varane. Inches away from the EPL ladies and gentlemen.. It's coming hooome!!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We sign Varane and I think this is a much more realistic prediction than thinking we finish 4th.
Ole is a worse manager than Tuchel and Pep.
To beat CFC and MCFC, with Ole in charge, we'll need to have a squad far better than both....which we don't.
It would be a miracle if we won the league.
Now, if we bought Varane AND Haaland, it could be argued that our squad would pip MCFC's and that would quite possibly put us within striking distance of finishing in 1st place.

Realistically, 3rd or 4th place.
2nd place would be a good result.
1st place would suggest the use of the darkest black magic or voodoo.

Partridge

We are edging ever closer to the team we aspire to be. I am excited for the coming season. I'm not sure if we can get the title this season. Just a feeling. Even with the new addition(s). I hope i'm wrong.

MrBest

With McFred playing as much as they do, no chance. If we sign someone who is ready to fill the gap then maybe. Varane is also a must and a back up right back. Three further signings then I can back it, if not, no way. Quote me.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We shall winneth the league
Anon thee shall believeth us

Matthew84!

Well we have to believe we can win it, whether we will or not is a difficult answer as the transfer window hasn't shut yet and it looks likely Rashford will be out for a while.
My heart says we will and my brain is laughing saying don't be silly.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I predicted we would finish above Liverpool last season and was correct, so I know what I’m doing.

It depends on transfers, I think we will get Varane but I just think our squad is not only going to have enough quality next season, I think it’s also going to be the hungriest. I think Liverpool are over the hill and Man City are going to be flat next season. I think we will be around 6-8 points clear in April. Quote me.
I'll quote you to the doctor I'm referring you to :devil:. Seriously, you think City and Chelsea (to name just two) aren't going to strengthen their squads too? Come back to us when we've lost to the likes Norwich or Brentford at home...

kthanksbye

We're in for a rude awakening if we thing we're getting anywhere close to a title challenge this season.
We'll comfortably finish in the top 4 though, but a title challenge seems unrealistic.

Eddy_JukeZ

We're in for a rude awakening if we thing we're getting anywhere close to a title challenge this season.
We'll comfortably finish in the top 4 though, but a title challenge seems unrealistic.
Anything but a title challenge next season is a catastrophic failure.

No more excuses. Ole needs to deliver.

kthanksbye

Anything but a title challenge next season is a catastrophic failure.

No more excuses. Ole needs to deliver.
Agree with you, but without sorting out our central midfield, we're still going to find it difficult to break teams down at OT, and even the most deluded fans would not expect us to replicate our away form, especially the comebacks, with crowds in the stadiums.

Deery

Dreary
I don’t know if we get a few signing in we could put together a title challenge, whether we win or not is a different story but I’m more optimistic this season.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I predicted we would finish above Liverpool last season and was correct, so I know what I’m doing.

It depends on transfers, I think we will get Varane but I just think our squad is not only going to have enough quality next season, I think it’s also going to be the hungriest. I think Liverpool are over the hill and Man City are going to be flat next season. I think we will be around 6-8 points clear in April. Quote me.
I've heard it here first.

tomaldinho1

No city are miles ahead of us. If we get a WC holding midfielder and a wc centre half - plus Sancho - then maybe we can get closer.
I think you have to draw a line at some point though and expect a league challenge.

If we're bringing in Sancho and we get someone like Varane we simply have to be winning major trophies, even if we continue to play with this cautious style. Ole inherited a good team, not an amazing one, and has added his first choice RB, CB, CM/AM and now RW, plus (fingers crossed) another CB. Plus all the depth signings like VdB, James, Telles, Cavani, Amad, Pellestri.

I've always been the same with how I see our squad - I want to see the football style develop before we spend big on established players. Sancho I don't have an issue with because we need an RW desperately. However, I still can't see how our tactical setup/style of play is going to close the gap on 3 very innovative/tactically obsessive managers in Pep, Klopp and Tuchel who all have money to spend as well. We'll definitely finish top four in my opinion and, at least one of those three will have a meltdown but we are too cautious and draw way too many games to win the league as it stands.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just by adding Sancho we are ‘closer’

We will likely finish 2nd but we are in the mix.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Realistically, if City and Chelsea get proper funding for their transfers, they will be fighting for 1-2 places in EPL. We will likely be fighting for 3-4 with Liverpool.

Could also be worse than this since there are a lot of other capable clubs in EPL, but just thinking this is the most obvious / likely scenario if everybody performs as expected.

wise_old_man

Realistically, if City and Chelsea get proper funding for their transfers, they will be fighting for 1-2 places in EPL. We will likely be fighting for 3-4 with Liverpool.

Could also be worse than this since there are a lot of other capable clubs in EPL, but just thinking this is the most obvious / likely scenario if everybody performs as expected.
You're underestimating Liverpool. They tend to surprise people when the public least expects it.

snk123

Whichever team from the top 4 gets Grealish (modern day Ronaldinho) is going to win the league next year.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I think we will come second place again behind Manchester City if certain precondition are met.

1.) City buys Grelish and Kane they win the league (if they only buy one, then they might not win league).
2.) Chelsea does not buy Haaland (if Chelsea buys haaland, then they might come in 2nd or first depending on if city buys Grelish and Kane)
3.) United buys Sancho, and Varane, and a cm if Pogba leaves.

At the moment, if things stay the same, I would say we should win the league.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
City will win it easy again. We will be fighting it out hard with liverpool and chelsea. Leicester will be distant 5th or so. Lets go get a cup like an FA cup.

Eddy_JukeZ

Whichever team from the top 4 gets Grealish (modern day Ronaldinho) is going to win the league next year.
You can't be serious with the bolded :lol:

Like what has Grealish done to deserve that comparison?

GueRed

No.

Man City are clear favourites.

As it stands we have too many issues to address in one transfer window.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I think it will be a battle for 3rd.

Top 2 is decided with City and Chelsea who have better squads and managers. Liverpool surely won't be as shit as they were this season, despite that they only finished 5 points behind us!

I fear another underwhelming season

Eternitiy

Agreed. If he joins a top team, they win the title, and he's certain to win the PFA Player of the Year.

Just picture Grealish and Shaw on the left. Ronaldinho and Roberto Carlos reimagined.