Website Redirects

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
I'm on an Android phone, viewing redcafe and every ten minutes I'm being redirected to fake prize website. You know the ones that include a "congratulations" voiceover? Is anyone else having this problem? Mind you, I wasn't logged in when the problems began so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I was looking specifically in the Football Forums too.

(Edit) As a follow-up, I logged out and went to the Football Forums again, reading the Premiership thread first and then going to the Aguero thread. In about four or five minutes of browsing while not logged in, I was redirected to "Iphonewin.win". I logged in again and since I've been logged in again, I have not had that problem. This is a strange circumstance that I can't wrap my head around. I'll try logging out again and going to other forums on this site.

I tried this with the other forums too, the Manchester United forum, the Youth Forum, the Matchday Forum, and all are giving me the same redirects. The strange thing is that while I've been logged in, I have not had this problem. It's only when I am viewing this forum while logged out that this has been a problem. If it helps, I'm viewing this on a Google browser. Anyway, sorry for typing up so much but I did a few things to see how widespread the problem was.

Last edited:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
It's related to dodgy ads. Can you post the URL(s) of the pages you're redirected to? Also, any screenshots of ads on the page you were redirected from would really help.

I can then track the ads down and remove them.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Sorry, was a little distracted. I took a screencap on my phone but it was difficult trying to convert it to a jpg so that I could upload and somewhere along the way, I lost it. But it doesn't seem to be a problem now as I'm no longer getting redirects so I'm assuming it's sorted.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Sorry, was a little distracted. I took a screencap on my phone but it was difficult trying to convert it to a jpg so that I could upload and somewhere along the way, I lost it. But it doesn't seem to be a problem now as I'm no longer getting redirects so I'm assuming it's sorted.
To be honest it may well come back. If it does send me as much info as you can.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Okay, it's definitely still here as I'm still getting redirected. I have managed to upload two screen captures. I don't think they are coming from any specifically page as I got them from all the forums and this one from the front page. I was using Google at the time.

[\SPOILER]

Pacificgi

I had this. Deleted my internet history and it still came up. Not sure if its anything to do with accepting cookies when someone posts a link from twitter and you view a video theyve posted

redmanc

I keep getting the same pushing me to sky bet on the iPhone App Store, however it’s every few seconds, infuriating.