Music Weezer

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Just listened to Maladroit for the first time. I like the album, but didn't really think any songs stood out that much by themselves that I would go listen to separately like I do with their other albums, apart from Possibilities, and maybe Love Explosion. The album as a whole was good though, IMO.
Possibilities is the song I like least from that record, and I generally really like the album. Definitely agree on Love Explosion though, that's the standout for me. And Slave, too. That vocal melody is so great.

I really didn't like Slob for a long time, but it seriously grew on me. Now one of my favourites.

Dope Nose too. Those lyrics are mental. Great solo.

It's been a while since I've played it front to back, think I need to do so asap.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Been a huge fan of these since they started.

Pinkerton > Blue for me but some days I might change my mind.

The rest of the albums then you are picking tracks from them to make a playlist not the whole albums but never mind they did enough with the first two albums.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Just listened to Maladroit for the first time. I like the album, but didn't really think any songs stood out that much by themselves that I would go listen to separately like I do with their other albums, apart from Possibilities, and maybe Love Explosion. The album as a whole was good though, IMO.
Take Control, Slave and Slob are my favourites, they're growers.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Just listened to Everything Will Be Alright In The End at the moment and... it's great! What I said about Maladroit lacking songs that stand out and I would want to listen to again by themselves, this is full of them. Pretty much every track is super catchy. I'm sad it's over :lol:

Possibilities is the song I like least from that record, and I generally really like the album. Definitely agree on Love Explosion though, that's the standout for me. And Slave, too. That vocal melody is so great.

I really didn't like Slob for a long time, but it seriously grew on me. Now one of my favourites.

Dope Nose too. Those lyrics are mental. Great solo.

It's been a while since I've played it front to back, think I need to do so asap.
Take Control, Slave and Slob are my favourites, they're growers.
Yeah, I liked pretty much all the songs on it, just not in a way that I can imagine listening to them by themselves much, it's weird. Maybe on further listens to the album some will start to stand out!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Yo I really like the White Album. Just listened to it and thought it was great. I really like both that and Everything Will Be Alright In The End.

I absolutely love Da Vinci :drool:

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Maladriot's pretty underrated - as is everything Weezer did after Pinkerton, to be honest - but I hold different opinions when it comes to the specifics. Love Explosion and Possibilities might be my least favourites of the record, whereas those first three tracks (American Gigolo, Dope Nose, Keep Fishin) might be the best. Funny how that works.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Maladriot's pretty underrated - as is everything Weezer did after Pinkerton, to be honest - but I hold different opinions when it comes to the specifics. Love Explosion and Possibilities might be my least favourites of the record, whereas those first three tracks (American Gigolo, Dope Nose, Keep Fishin) might be the best. Funny how that works.
U MAD BRO

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I can't fecking stop listening to them at the moment :lol:

I'm even enjoying quite a few songs off Pacific Daydream. I understand the negative reviews though for sure, it's not a "classic Weezer" album or anything, but some of them are so catchy. I've also been listening to some of the lesser known stuff, like Songs From The Black Hole. I really like Blast Off! and Longtime Sunshine

Fave songs in general at the moment; Holiday, Across The Sea, Keep Fishin', Why Bother, Undone - The Sweater Song.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I'm even enjoying quite a few songs off Pacific Daydream. I understand the negative reviews though for sure, it's not a "classic Weezer" album or anything, but some of them are so catchy. I've also been listening to some of the lesser known stuff, like Songs From The Black Hole. I really like Blast Off! and Longtime Sunshine

Fave songs in general at the moment; Holiday, Across The Sea, Keep Fishin', Why Bother, Undone - The Sweater Song.
Your favourite songs are exactly my favourite songs aside from Across the Sea which I would probably swap out for Good Life.

Holiday in particular. I was in about my 3rd or 4th rediscover Weezer phase about 7 or 8 years ago and was on the way to the Airport with my girlfriend so put Holiday on full blast and goofily sang along at the top of my lungs feeling pretty high on life. It’s become a bit of a tradition now and like Christmas songs give you that festive buzz, Holiday gets me feeling nostalgic/excited about travelling.

Dante

Average bang

If you've not already tried them, I can highly recommend The Wonder Years. Weezer were my gateway drug into them.

If anything, I think TWY are the better band. Just as good at their best, but with a longer stretch of excellence.

Acole9

Outstanding
If you've not already tried them, I can highly recommend The Wonder Years. Weezer were my gateway drug into them.

If anything, I think TWY are the better band. Just as good at their best, but with a longer stretch of excellence.
I love The Wonder Years but they're nothing like Weezer.

Over the past few years Weezer have been churning the albums out, a lot of them have been real poor with the odd decent song here and there.

Dante

Average bang
I love The Wonder Years but they're nothing like Weezer.

Over the past few years Weezer have been churning the albums out, a lot of them have been real poor with the odd decent song here and there.
I put them in the same category. No two bands ever sound the same, but the shared high energy pop punk vibe is there.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Really like the white album too, some nice songs on there.

Your favourite songs are exactly my favourite songs aside from Across the Sea which I would probably swap out for Good Life.

Holiday in particular. I was in about my 3rd or 4th rediscover Weezer phase about 7 or 8 years ago and was on the way to the Airport with my girlfriend so put Holiday on full blast and goofily sang along at the top of my lungs feeling pretty high on life. It’s become a bit of a tradition now and like Christmas songs give you that festive buzz, Holiday gets me feeling nostalgic/excited about travelling.
The Good Life is another great song, that'd be in my top ones at certain times.

Yeah lots of their songs are good for feel good situations like that :D

I've heard of them, but not listened to them, I'll check 'em out thanks.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I put them in the same category. No two bands ever sound the same, but the shared high energy pop punk vibe is there.
Except Ozma, who sound near identical to Weezer most of the time, but with a bit of lo-fi synth in there.

Rock and Roll Part 3 is a great album, if you're cool with listening to a total rip off.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City

Oh man, Songs from the Black Hole. If Rivers could just get the band together for one afternoon and do better quality demos of even a handful of those songs...

1. Blast Off!
2. You Won't Get with Me Tonight
3. Devotion
4. I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
5. Superfriend
6. You Gave Your Love to Me Softly
7. I Swear It's True
8. Waiting on You
9. Tragic Girl
10. Getting Up and Leaving
11. Longtime Sunshine

That would be a hell of a record.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Love Mykel and Carli

Oh man, Songs from the Black Hole. If Rivers could just get the band together for one afternoon and do better quality demos of even a handful of those songs...

1. Blast Off!
2. You Won't Get with Me Tonight
3. Devotion
4. I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
5. Superfriend
6. You Gave Your Love to Me Softly
7. I Swear It's True
8. Waiting on You
9. Tragic Girl
10. Getting Up and Leaving
11. Longtime Sunshine

That would be a hell of a record.
Yeah that would be a great album for sure :drool:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Love Mykel and Carli

Yeah that would be a great album for sure :drool:
If you haven’t already, its worth reading up on Mykel and Carli, it’s a sad story but it really enriched the back story of these bands for me and made them genuine. ‘Hear you me’ by Jimmy Eat World being another song about them and unashamedly a guilty pleasure.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
If you haven’t already, its worth reading up on Mykel and Carli, it’s a sad story but it really enriched the back story of these bands for me and made them genuine. ‘Hear you me’ by Jimmy Eat World being another song about them and unashamedly a guilty pleasure.
I've read a little bit about them, but only the basics about the fan club and car accident. I'll have to look up a bit more some time.

I like quite a few Jimmy Eat World songs, haven't heard that one though I don't think.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
The first half of Bleed American is the best thing "emo" - and any associated genres - ever produced. A wonderful album with a near-perfect front half.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Bleed American is pretty good, but it's not even their best album. I doubt you'll find many Jimmy fans who don't think the best LP is Clarity, and rightly so.

But best ever emo record? I don't think Jimmy Eat World would have a record in the top 20.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
Bleed American is pretty good, but it's not even their best album. I doubt you'll find many Jimmy fans who don't think the best LP is Clarity, and rightly so.

But best ever emo record? I don't think Jimmy Eat World would have a record in the top 20.
The best front half. Everything after 'Hear You Me' lets it down slightly.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I listened to Clarity a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love Crush

:drool:

My fave JEW song is Sweetness, especially the version from the reissue of Clarity

:drool:

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I remember the Weezer - Buddy Holly music vid coming with my first computer with Windows95. I watched that video continuously, deeply fascinated by the technology.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I remember the Weezer - Buddy Holly music vid coming with my first computer with Windows95. I watched that video continuously, deeply fascinated by the technology.
I didn’t even know it was all super imposed. I genuinely thought Weezer were a band from the late 70s/early 80s when I used to watch that video on loop.

Then I saw Hash Pipe on MTV and couldn’t work out what the hell was happening.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I didn’t even know it was all super imposed. I genuinely thought Weezer were a band from the late 70s/early 80s when I used to watch that video on loop.

Then I saw Hash Pipe on MTV and couldn’t work out what the hell was happening.
Neither did I until you just told me and I googled it, the song is actually from 1994. I remember asking my father about it, showing him the video and asking him if this was the shit in his youth. Naturally he didn't have a clue.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Also how have I only just discovered Weezer did an Africa cover. I love a cover version.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
Eh, well, the two singles from The Black Album are basically the opposite of what I expected them to be and neither of them are that promising.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
The Black Album is out March 1st. They also have a date at the O2 next year and I was planning to go but on hearing the first two of these songs I will wait until next time I think.

Still in my top 2 bands but they've not come out with anything I listen to or play along to for years now.

Hurley was the last decent one for me.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
The Black Album is out March 1st. They also have a date at the O2 next year and I was planning to go but on hearing the first two of these songs I will wait until next time I think.

Still in my top 2 bands but they've not come out with anything I listen to or play along to for years now.

Hurley was the last decent one for me.
You've gotta go back and do Everything Will Be Alright in the End and The White Album again. Neither album's as good as anything pre-2002 (big fan of Green over here) but there's some great fun to be had playing guitar along to 'Ain't Got Nobody' or 'L.A. Girlz'.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I'm loving Zombie Bastards, gotta be honest. Does it sound anything like Blue Album or Pinkerton weezer? No fecking way, but I'm a sucker for a fun catchy song, and this definitely fits those criteria IMO :D