Weird feelings of football

Le Red

You barely see anyone rounding the keeper these days.
Whether it's down to faster fitter players or more pressing i don't know but it barely happens now.
I don't think it's tactical. There are lots of chances but when players try that nowadays they do it wrong and the keeper gets the ball.
Football evolved in a lot of aspects but these times severely lack strikers with that killer instinct. And still people don't know why we are nostalgic about the 90s.

P0GBA

Despite still having Memphis on the back of his shirt, Memphis Depay reverted back to being called Depay as soon as he left Man United.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Brazil and Argentina are both stacked with talented forwards, yet somehow every international tournament, both countries call up some scrubs you've never heard of before (Everton, Matias Suarez)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
When you spot a promising player not yet playing for a top side and you think he's a proper talent and he's going to play for a decent CL side sooner or later and then he joins (a club like) West Ham and you just instantly go from that to feeling his career is basically over now.

(inspired by Pablo Fornals)

Last edited:

poleglass red

When you spot a promising player not yet playing for a top side and you think he's a proper talent and he's going to play for a decent CL side sooner or later and then he joins (a club like) West Ham and you just instantly go from that to feeling his career is basically over now.

(inspired by Pablo Fornals)
Nah we will wait to he has one good season and then bid 5 times what West Ham paid for him, and then quadruple his wages.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I don’t know if this is a weird feeling or a theory, but I have a strong suspicion that Roy Keane watches Love Island.

Winrar

Hull City and Wolverhampton have the same kit.
That reminds me of something.

All the clubs with claret and sky blue color scheme on their kits (e.g. Villa, Burnley, West Ham, Scunthorpe) are, in fact same clubs with a hidden joint "owner" who run these clubs from the shadows.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
That reminds me of something.

All the clubs with claret and sky blue color scheme on their kits (e.g. Villa, Burnley, West Ham, Scunthorpe) are, in fact same clubs with a hidden joint "owner" who run these clubs from the shadows.
I think at the minunte all those clubs (at least Villa, Burnley and West Ham, not sure on Scunthorpe) are trying their best to merge to throw people off the scent by not having the traditional sky blue sleeves.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
When someone criticizes a transfer target, they just add 1 or 2 years to their age and nobody bothers to check.

Scaring Europe to Death

Supports
Manchester City
At some point during every World Cup, we'll hear:

"I've been disappointed with the standard of Free Kicks so far"

The commentator will then mention Roberto Carlos.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
All players who get fancy "new signing videos" turn out to be massive flops.

David Ospina wastes at least 30 minutes on goal kicks every match he plays in.

Last edited:

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
If a one-sided tie goes to penalties, the team that was clearly second-best over 90/120 minutes will win the shootout.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Mentioned this in the Copa America thread... There have been more disallowed goals than allowed goals in this tournament.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Does it tend to be the underdog? I always tend to root for the underdog.
Typically yes.

Then again, I rooted for Bayern against Chelsea in 2012 when they were the favourite, and we all know how that went...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Typically yes.

Then again, I rooted for Bayern against Chelsea in 2012 when they were the favourite, and we all know how that went...
Ah, that game...I rooted for Chelsea. :D

But I also rooted for Atletico in 2014 and 2016. And Dortmund in 2013. :(

jem

Brazil and Argentina are both stacked with talented forwards, yet somehow every international tournament, both countries call up some scrubs you've never heard of before (Everton, Matias Suarez)
Or long-forgotten wasters such as Fred or Diego Tardelli, who are plying their trade in China.

jem

Ever Banega isn't young; Ever Banega isn't old. Ever Banega exists in a permanent state of mid-twenty-something.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Rivaldo appeared in Carlito's Way.
Tell me more.
Ever Banega isn't young; Ever Banega isn't old. Ever Banega exists in a permanent state of mid-twenty-something.
He looked older when he was young. Which caused some of the confusion. He was also rated as a talent when young, then deemed not top level too early and the hype disappeared a bit. That made it feel like he was a lot older than he was when he suddenly became rated again. After that, once again it felt like he disappeared for a season or two and came back to perform better, so people felt like he was 33 making a comeback but was actually 27 or 29. Now he is 31 and again some feel its still not too late for him to get a big move. No, I'm lying, he actually exists in a permanent state of the age of 28.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
1) Brazil and Argentina seemed to have a good or at least decent squad on paper. However, they always play like a pub team when I watch them.

2) Alexis Sanchez seemed to be better with his country than his club.

3) Despite spending a lot of money in recent seasons, Atletico Madrid seems to always be viewed as an underdog and regressed in their performances.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Left footed players are more technically gifted than right footed players.

Purely based on hearing phrases such as 'a wand of a left foot' or a 'hammer of a left foot' and never hearing anyone describe somebody's right foot in the same way.