Weird feelings of football

An Alone Wolf

Supports
Liverpool
Every once in a lifetime 40+ yard wonder goal is scored by some no name defender that does nothing else in their career.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
The media are 100% in agreement that United have to expect inconsistency due to the age and experience of their squad.

Every time they show inconsistency, this still results in a massive inquest, as they look again for the reasons behind it (before concluding that they have to expect inconsistency due to the age and experience of the squad...)

fps

Anthony Martial has never performed well in two consecutive games.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
That female linesman never gets a decision wrong.
That's a really good one actually.

Thinking of all the huff that was created when she started and then the whole Keys/Gray 'would you smash her' stuff and then consider how I don't think a single decision of hers has ever been questioned or raised as controversial. She's never in the news on the backpages for anything.

She's just very good at her job. Could do with more officials like her really - male, female or whatever.

jem

With the exception of Xavi and Raul, single-monikered Spanish players are usually not very good, even more so if they have silly names like Nacho, Krisco, Disco, etc. The increased prevalence of these one-word names in the Spanish squad has led to a return to the 1990's-early 2000's mediocrity of the team.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Every time our team bus arrives late to the stadium, we go on to lose the game.

sugar_kane

Luke Shaw is actually right footed but it would be too awkward for him to admit it at this stage in his career

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Liverpool won every game in 2019, including the ones they did not win.

P0GBA

Often a manager brings a player on as a sub or starts him after leaving him out for a few games and the player scores a goal or changes the game. The manager will get full credit for this even if the player is world class and should have been playing in the first place.

P0GBA

The rules for VAR change on a match by match basis. In one game the decisions will be 100% accurate any any goal will be ruled out if it is an inch offside or a penalty given for the slightest contact in the area. The next game all the decisions can be totally wrong but as long as the errors weren't clear and obvious the accuracy of the decision doesn't matter.

Charles Miller

The Premier is the only league Brazilians are going to watch when there are no Brazilian players in the pitch.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Nuno Espirito Santo came out of nowhere to such an extent that I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to find out it's just Jorge Mendes inside a robot suit.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Ex-Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele's name was spelled Moussa until the French striker with the same name emerged.

Siorac

Nuno Espirito Santo came out of nowhere to such an extent that I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to find out it's just Jorge Mendes inside a robot suit.
:lol: I've been laughing at this on a tram for a solid minute now.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I want to see her as the head referee.
That'll never happen sadly as frome that I've seen of her, she'd be very good. Referee's start at level 9 working towards level 1 at the top. Once you get to level 3, you make a decision whether to stay moving through the levels as a referee or switch over and concentrate on becoming an assistant. Once you've made that choice, there's no going back. If you choose the assistant route, it's a quicker road to get to the Premier League but it's not easy by any stretch and anyone that makes it to the top level as either a ref or assistant will.have completed years of work, assessments and knock backs.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
When a player that was once considered talented, and then fades into obscurity gets linked to your club, the evidence of the past years of mediocrity goes out the window, and he's suddenly a great fit. Latest example ... Can

WakeAndBeek

The time since Ferguson retired (6 years) feels significantly shorter than the 6 years from 2004-2010, and the football world is still roughly the same now as in 2013/14 whereas 2004 was a different world to 2010

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The time since Ferguson retired (6 years) feels significantly shorter than the 6 years from 2004-2010, and the football world is still roughly the same now as in 2013/14 whereas 2004 was a different world to 2010
I feel like this too. Also, players who were 20 in 2010 are now 25.

United58

This one's great

I feel like this too. Also, players who were 20 in 2010 are now 25.
Did you used to play FM/FIFA/PES back then? I imagine this happens because as people play the games and experience the young players they're on their minds more and as such seem to age slower... Not playing those games anymore leaves them stuck in your head as young talents - half of me thinks Pato is 24 and Lukaku is 18.

It could just be for having a general lowered interest in football, too - if you don't learn who the new gems are, the old ones will be perenially young to you

Big Ben Foster

Supports
One or both of Norwich and West Brom get promoted or relegated every season.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
English players are always described as having "passion" and "desire" when being compared to foreign players.