Weird feelings of football

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Nuno Espirito Santo came out of nowhere to such an extent that I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to find out it's just Jorge Mendes inside a robot suit.
He’s younger than Giggs I think.

Heard a podcast talking about him. I think he got involved with Mendes by hanging out in his Bar. The pair of them and Jose jumped in To bed together soon after (not literally) at Porto.

Not googling it. Probably bastardised it.

UnrelatedPsuedo

English players are always described as having "passion" and "desire" when being compared to foreign players.
British players in Italy and Spain are generally viewed as being lazy and not giving a shit.

All countries have their terms and phrases with in built bias. It’s not that big a deal.

UnrelatedPsuedo

That'll never happen sadly as frome that I've seen of her, she'd be very good. Referee's start at level 9 working towards level 1 at the top. Once you get to level 3, you make a decision whether to stay moving through the levels as a referee or switch over and concentrate on becoming an assistant. Once you've made that choice, there's no going back. If you choose the assistant route, it's a quicker road to get to the Premier League but it's not easy by any stretch and anyone that makes it to the top level as either a ref or assistant will.have completed years of work, assessments and knock backs.
I knew this... but it’s still nuts. Both jobs are hard. Refereeing is harder. But referees should be required to spend several games a season as Assistant Referees. They’d get better.

To the same point, blocking AR’s from becoming Referees on a fast track is crazy.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
If an English player has a two-part last name, he’s a super talent but will never ”make it”.

United58

Roy Keane retired years before Van Persie signed for Arsenal.

Van Persie and Paul Scholes never played together.

sugar_kane

In some televised games you hardly ever see the managers, whereas in others they cut to them every few minutes.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Benjamin Mendy plays for Real Madrid and Man City at the same time.
He prefers playing for Real and reguarly comes up with an injury for Man City if both teams have a game at the same time.

Robertd0803

Everytime Utd beat a rival away from home in a thriller we normally get drawn against them in a cup and eliminated.
(Chelsea 2012/13-both cups, Juanfield/Europa League, City this season)

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
VAR decisions only happens in Spurs games, and it happens every single time they play at home, almost on purpose as an extra bit of excitement in their brand new stadium

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Benjamin Mendy plays for Real Madrid and Man City at the same time.
He prefers playing for Real and reguarly comes up with an injury for Man City if both teams have a game at the same time.
Every Man City full back except Walker played for Real or Juventus.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Black players are generally faster and more powerful though.

‘Athletic’ is a vague term so can’t comment.
I think in the current England squad that stereotype is false (e.g. if we go by weight). It probably isn't globally true either; it's just been repeatedly drilled into our heads.
And sometimes you get a player who is both technically gifted and strong/powerful, and the focus falls on the latter attribute if they are black. I remember Yaya Toure scoring an amazing solo goal by dribbling through an entire midfield/defence on the counter from goal to goal; the commentators and subsequent analysis focused on his strength, largely ignoring the technical attributes that allowed him to manoeuvre through the opponents like that. He was strong, but it wasn't what made him special. He was one of the most technically gifted midfielders in the league - amazing first touch, superb passing/shooting, top-notch dribbling ability - but every week how strong he was being drilled into our heads by pundits/commentators who would use phrases like bulldozed through in lieu of dribbled through.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I think in the current England squad that stereotype is false (e.g. if we go by weight). It probably isn't globally true either; it's just been repeatedly drilled into our heads.
And sometimes you get a player who is both technically gifted and strong/powerful, and the focus falls on the latter attribute if they are black. I remember Yaya Toure scoring an amazing solo goal by dribbling through an entire midfield/defence on the counter from goal to goal; the commentators and subsequent analysis focused on his strength, largely ignoring the technical attributes that allowed him to manoeuvre through the opponents like that. He was strong, but it wasn't what made him special. He was one of the most technically gifted midfielders in the league - amazing first touch, superb passing/shooting, top-notch dribbling ability - but every week how strong he was being drilled into our heads by pundits/commentators who would use phrases like bulldozed through in lieu of dribbled through.
If you think that there are hundreds of thousands of white guys that could win 100/200/400m sprint events, if only they didn’t have an incorrect view that black people are naturally predisposed to be faster and more powerful.....

It’s not racism, it’s common sense.

Different races are genetically different.

With that said, of course you can see a lightning quick white guy on a football pitch. Those are the ones we describe with words like ‘Pace’ and ‘Athleticism’. See: Vardy, Bale.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
If you think that there are hundreds of thousands of white guys that could win 100/200/400m sprint events, if only they didn’t have an incorrect view that black people are naturally predisposed to be faster and more powerful.....

It’s not racism, it’s common sense.

Different races are genetically different.

With that said, of course you can see a lightning quick white guy on a football pitch. Those are the ones we describe with words like ‘Pace’ and ‘Athleticism’. See: Vardy, Bale.
I didn't say anything like that; and I was only talking about football. But also surely aren't serious about relying on your "common sense" to come to conclusions like that?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Burnley and Bournemouth never make any major signings and never sell any players.

They both have exactly the same first elevens since they came up to the PL, and those players are ageless, all of them have been 26/27 since they came up.

Hoof the ball

Bournemouth do actually make signings, however, upon immediate arrival a Mandela effect is applied to the populace and promulgates the opinion that said player(s) have always been there.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Bournemouth do actually make signings, however, upon immediate arrival a Mandela effect is applied to the populace and promulgates the opinion that said player(s) have always been there.
Just looked this up and apparently Billing and Arter were bought this season!!!

It can only be some sort of black magic!

fps

Jermaine Jenas is just doing punditry while he recovers from injury before heading back to training with Spurs.

P0GBA

When a pundit or commentator says the name of a player, I immediately think of the player whos names is spelt the most traditional way. Eg. Dyer instead of Dier.

sugar_kane

1. Nuno’s Wolves switched overnight from silky attacking football to pragmatic anti-football but no-one really knows when

2. Mike Phelan is Man United’s real manager